The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mynameisntbobk
I really am not too sure, probably research, but medicine ain't the best way to get there. Yeah I understand what you mean, what are you going for instead?

I see, in that case your right, Chem is def better! :biggrin: Why not go for a year in industry in stead of year abroad? It still costs but in some cases you get paid. Biochem/Human sciences. But I think if nothing turns up in the fields I'll do a masters in Public health/ epidemiology. Or I'll go into research, I'll have to see how everything turns out.:smile:
Hey guys :smile: are you excited for the new year?
Reply 9302
Original post by Lucy96
Haha I could say the same to you with your choices! I'd find them absolutely impossible :tongue:

I've made Liverpool my firm for Evolutionary Anthropology and Durham my insurance for Biological Anthropology :smile: (I also applied to Exeter, York and Kent) what are your plans for university? :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha maybe, but there's barely any writing :biggrin:

Is that fossils and stuff?

Nice choices, I have considered Liverpool, Kent and Exeter too, although I haven't visited yet. Durham is just too far away haha. I'm going to see how this year goes before thinking about that anyway.

I was hoping to do something mathematical, perhaps straight maths or actuarial science.

Good luck achieving your offers, I'm sure you will :smile:
Original post by Soontobesuper
I see, in that case your right, Chem is def better! :biggrin: Why not go for a year in industry in stead of year abroad? It still costs but in some cases you get paid. Biochem/Human sciences. But I think if nothing turns up in the fields I'll do a masters in Public health/ epidemiology. Or I'll go into research, I'll have to see how everything turns out.:smile:

I'd much prefer a year in industry tbh, depends on if the unis have any more spaces haha. Ah right, great courses :smile: I'm sure whichever ones you go for will be good
Original post by dtwolves
Haha maybe, but there's barely any writing :biggrin:

Is that fossils and stuff?

Nice choices, I have considered Liverpool, Kent and Exeter too, although I haven't visited yet. Durham is just too far away haha. I'm going to see how this year goes before thinking about that anyway.

I was hoping to do something mathematical, perhaps straight maths or actuarial science.

Good luck achieving your offers, I'm sure you will :smile:

Haha exactly, I'm better at writing :tongue:

Basically haha :lol:

Thanks! Oh sounds good! Yeah that's sensible :biggrin:

Wow, very impressive :smile:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9305
Original post by Lucy96
Haha exactly, I'm better at writing :tongue:

Basically haha :lol:

Thanks! Oh sounds good! Yeah that's sensible :biggrin:

Wow, very impressive :smile:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fossils...very interesting :P haha I'm kidding don't hate me.

Oh I assumed they were conditional, I meant good luck with meeting the offers, sorry.
Fossils...very interesting :P haha I'm kidding don't hate me.

Oh I assumed they were conditional, I meant good luck with meeting the offers, sorry.

Hahaha at least you knew what it meant :tongue:

Oh of course, sorry, I'm stupid :tongue: they are conditional, sadly :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9307
Original post by Lucy96
Hahaha at least you knew what it meant :tongue:

Oh of course, sorry, I'm stupid :tongue: they are conditional, sadly :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yeah I'm proud I was right :biggrin:

I could have worded it better haha. I'm sure you'll get them, don't worry.

Got anything planned for new year's eve?
Does anyone know where I can find the June 2013 Psychology AQA A Unit 3 Paper?
Haha yeah I'm proud I was right :biggrin:

I could have worded it better haha. I'm sure you'll get them, don't worry.

Got anything planned for new year's eve?

You should be :biggrin:

Nah it was definitely my mistake, don't blame yourself :tongue: thank you, I hope so :smile:

Going to a party (it's an 18th/New Year's) :h: you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9310
Original post by Lucy96
I hope you're okay? :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:cry2:

basically my moved house and I told him, since then he's been acting really hostile towards me and giving me a load of grief over it to the point where yesterday I spoke to him about it and he kept on making it into an argument. I call him up later that evening and say sorry about it all, we both over reacted etc etc. Today I found out I may be moving back home, I tell him this and he makes it into yet another argument, I tell him I can't do this anymore and we haven't spoken since :cry2:

waste of a number of years tbh
Original post by mynameisntbobk
:smile:

Dude!!! I had no idea you were starting to question medicine, how come?

I get where you're coming from though, I have questioned it so many times...I mean I'm 17 and potentially making a decision about what my life will revolve around for the next 50 years...dat shiz cray!

If I were you (and this is what I personally am doing), unless you are ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that med isn't for you, I wouldn't rush anything :smile: You can always gap it brah, no point rushing a decision before the deadline :smile: But if you are sure then maybe it's wise :/ It'd be crazy to lose the both of the med thread starters to other degrees :O!!

Anyway, good luck bro
Original post by BeccaSmall
Does anyone know where I can find the June 2013 Psychology AQA A Unit 3 Paper?

They're not available to students - ask your teacher.
Original post by lilGem
:cry2:

basically my moved house and I told him, since then he's been acting really hostile towards me and giving me a load of grief over it to the point where yesterday I spoke to him about it and he kept on making it into an argument. I call him up later that evening and say sorry about it all, we both over reacted etc etc. Today I found out I may be moving back home, I tell him this and he makes it into yet another argument, I tell him I can't do this anymore and we haven't spoken since :cry2:

waste of a number of years tbh

You'll sort it out :smile: No idea why he's reacting like this, the only explanation I can give is that he's pissed he might not be able to see you as much? (which is a good thing-ish sort of maybe)! If its been several years, and you really care for each other then don't let a little dispute ruin things
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9314
Original post by Lucy96
You should be :biggrin:

Nah it was definitely my mistake, don't blame yourself :tongue: thank you, I hope so :smile:

Going to a party (it's an 18th/New Year's) :h: you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You must be so interesting, studying fossils :wink:

Ah sounds good, I'm just with the family
Original post by Dr. Django
Dude!!! I had no idea you were starting to question medicine, how come?

I get where you're coming from though, I have questioned it so many times...I mean I'm 17 and potentially making a decision about what my life will revolve around for the next 50 years...dat shiz cray!

If I were you (and this is what I personally am doing), unless you are ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that med isn't for you, I wouldn't rush anything :smile: You can always gap it brah, no point rushing a decision before the deadline :smile: But if you are sure then maybe it's wise :/ It'd be crazy to lose the both of the med thread starters to other degrees :O!!

Anyway, good luck bro

Hey mate. I've always kind of questioned it tbh, and I don't really think its for me, I've always wanted to do it for the sake of doing it, but 5 years doing a course like that I'm sure isn't worth it.

You are actually meant to do Medicine though, I think you're probably more worried because you recently chose it like less than a year ago, but its definitely your course :smile: 17 is so early to make such a big decision though

Yeah I'm leaning towards that, but I'm just a bit worried about not actually doing anything productive during the gap year. Haha, I am so sorry about that, but in my defense, SA went over to dentistry, which is a medics natural enemy :wink:

I think I'll just keep on going with my medicine application and see how things play out. I may actually decide that I'm overreacting and medicine is actually what I want to do :redface:
Reply 9316
Original post by TheKingOfTSR
Yep, same here. Slept through most of the lessons during the course cause the lesson just drags on with information, information and more information. :facepalm:
The lessons are becoming a struggle to keep focus. Forensics was interesting though... One of the lessons where it didn't become boring. I lost it totally when learning about the immune response. Didn't get anything about what was going on. :frown:
Also another thing I hate is the very large content....many stuff to learn... It sometimes becomes too inexact and the long descriptions are totally boring :yawn:. And worst of all after learning so much all we get at the exam is to describe graphs and trends and everything that doesn't involve much bio knowledge... It's doesn't make sense to learn so much when only about 50% of the paper tests what we've learnt. The rest being all "suggest" questions where we aren't supposed to have known the answer but use our knowledge to arrive at it, and the comment on the data questions.
I thought learning bio would be fun. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My thoughts exactly. I remember, before starting biology, I thought I'd love the subject and learning the content. Oh how wrong was I. And, tbh, because of the 'suggest an explanation' questions I've been losing marks. I loathe those graph questions

Anyone could actually teach themselves biology. it's not even hard, just a lot of content to remember. What makes it worse is my teacher! She doesn't challenge us. just reads off whatever's on the powerpoint and then complains when we don't get the marks.
I'm guessing you're with edexcel. have you done your investigation?
Reply 9317
Original post by WannaGetAnA
Hey guys :smile: are you excited for the new year?

Meh, I don't know what to look forward to other than exams. Well we have sherlock and Doctor who will be back in August and Naruto too but t'is all.
I shall continue life as usual.
Reply 9318
Happy new year everyone. :smile:

Latest