The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Krish4791
Nadal vs Rosol on now!

EDIT: What the hell is Nadal wearing? Lol :biggrin:

I think his kit is awesome!
Original post by Sirocco11
I think his kit is awesome!

There's definitely a lot going on there...
There's definitely a lot going on there...

Goes back to his early days a bit more when he mixed colours up with this kit. Although he has sleeves this time :tongue:
The Nadal-Rosol rematch is on.

Rosol waited ages for Nadal to go to the net for the coin toss first, started imitating him bouncing around the net and then elected to serve second. Everything Rafa hates - obvious Rosol is trying to get in his face early on. What a prick - just play the game.

Well, Nadal tends to make his opponent wait at the start of the match, so I don't see what's wrong with Rosol doing the same thing.
The Nadal-Rosol rematch is on.

Rosol waited ages for Nadal to go to the net for the coin toss first, started imitating him bouncing around the net and then elected to serve second. Everything Rafa hates - obvious Rosol is trying to get in his face early on. What a prick - just play the game.

seems like he's giving nadal a bit of his own medicine, also taking forever to challenge as well :rofl:
Goes back to his early days a bit more when he mixed colours up with this kit. Although he has sleeves this time :tongue:

True!

Regarding the match, Rafa will want to get off to a quick start. All he needs to do is play his game, it's so unlikely Rosol will hit winners all the time today.
Rosol's already firing some absolute rockets here. Never does that against other players.
Rosol's already firing some absolute rockets here. Never does that against other players.

nah I've watched him play a bit, he does usually hit very hard, but also concedes a lot of UE's as well
Original post by Chief Wiggum
Well, Nadal tends to make his opponent wait at the start of the match, so I don't see what's wrong with Rosol doing the same thing.

I don't thnk it's a case of him making opponents wait - he's just slow with his rituals; his opponents don't have to go to the net until he does. With Rosol it was very pointed that he was waiting for him to go first. He doesn't normally do that in other matches. Nadal always takes his time.
he probably hits harder than del potro
Original post by Jack93o
seems like he's giving nadal a bit of his own medicine, also taking forever to challenge as well :rofl:

I don't see how it would be own medicine since Nadal's pretty slow out of the blocks when starting matches, it barely makes a difference if he waits longer.
Original post by Jack93o
he probably hits harder than del potro

Nah I don't think he does - Del Potro's clocked forehands at 120mph I believe. As far as I can remember Rosol's hardest are around the 100mph mark, which is still pretty hefty.
Nah I don't think he does - Del Potro's clocked forehands at 120mph I believe. As far as I can remember Rosol's hardest are around the 100mph mark, which is still pretty hefty.

Fair enough. But generally though, I think in terms of average forehand speeds, I wouldn't be surprised if rosol is higher

With del potro, he would often hit a lot of normal rallying shots and then suddenly flash a 100+mph forehand out of nowhere, but rosol seems to be going full power on virtually every shot
Original post by Jack93o
Fair enough. But generally though, I think in terms of average forehand speeds, I wouldn't be surprised if rosol is higher

With del potro, he would often hit a lot of normal rallying shots and then suddenly flash a 100+mph forehand out of nowhere, but rosol seems to be going full power on virtually every shot

Hmm, could be. Even though Delpo is known for supersonic forehands - usually the flat one cross court on the run - he does tend to hit some forehands with more spin. Rosol does hit extremely flat so may well have a higher average speed. Not sure if he plays like this against lower ranked players but I reckon he probably does hit this way because of his grip, which ain't gonna produce much spin.
Well, the unforced errors are flowing nicely from Rosol's racket all right - up to 20 already.
Incidentally, I'm trying to remember what the hardest forehand ever hit is.

Gonzalez clocked one at 120mph I think, Delpo hit one at 120mph at Wimbledon against Djokovic, unless I'm mis-remembering. Monfils has hit some monsters around that mark too.
Incidentally, I'm trying to remember what the hardest forehand ever hit is.

Gonzalez clocked one at 120mph I think, Delpo hit one at 120mph at Wimbledon against Djokovic, unless I'm mis-remembering. Monfils has hit some monsters around that mark too.

James Blake hit 2 at around 126mph
Well, the unforced errors are flowing nicely from Rosol's racket all right - up to 20 already.

I think Rosol hasn't realised that he's never going to find the insane ratio of Winners-UFEs he did at Wimbledon.
James Blake hit 2 at around 126mph

Wow, yeah I forgot about Blake. I always felt with him though when he hits shots like that he was really trying to decimate the ball, unnecessarily most of the time. With someone like Delpo it's just raw power.
I think Rosol hasn't realised that he's never going to find the insane ratio of Winners-UFEs he did at Wimbledon.

I think he knows that, but honestly there's no other way he can play. He's not a great defender (his height wouldn't allow for it anyway). His best hope is to serve big, catch Nadal off guard occasionally, win at least 1/2 free pts per service game and try and upset Nadal's rhythm. Very difficult to achieve on a consistent basis.
Wimbledon 2012 was a prime example of everything coming together at exactly the right time - a "freak" occurrence.

Latest