The Student Room Group

Please welcome our new Romanians and Bulgarians neighbours.

Let us welcome our new Romanians and Bulgarians neighbours who are now legally permitted to stay in such a great country such as ours.

​Welcome.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Err, no thanks. Some of us would want out of the bloody thing.
Reply 2
I cannot decide if it's honest thread or sarcastic.
:five:

Remember, we were here first so we have first dibs on housing and school places. Otherwise, this could be the start of a beautiful friendship.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
remember it works both ways... we are now free to ply our trades in Transylvania and the Carpathian wastes...
Reply 5
The quality of females will increase. This will make the eventual economic collapse a bit easier to live through.
Reply 6
Original post by lNurl
I cannot decide if it's honest thread or sarcastic.

I shall allow you to decide freely.

:badger::badger::bban:
Reply 7
Original post by vendettax
The quality of females will increase. This will make the eventual economic collapse a bit easier to live through.

He does speak truth, Eastern European women >>>

Thread reminds me of this

Still waiting for the deluge as predicted in the Daily Mail, by 'Migration Watch', etc.

BBC correspondent in Bucharest this morning could not detect any sudden exodus either.
Reply 9
Original post by zKlown
He does speak truth, Eastern European women >>>

Thread reminds me of this

Wow that video was hard to watch. Hilariously unfunny. One can simplify any problem and make a joke out of it as such.
Reply 10
Wow that video was hard to watch. Hilariously unfunny. One can simplify any problem and make a joke out of it as such.

Russell Brand top 3 comedian

What comedians do you like?

Please don't say Russell Howard and Jack Whitehall.
Reply 11
Original post by zKlown

I judged his content, not his character.
Original post by zKlown

Russell Howard I can understand but what's wrong with Jack Whitehall?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
Russell Howard I can understand but what's wrong with Jack Whitehall?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just don't find him funny at all

I'm sure he's a nice person though
Anyone moving here is better off having schooling in their home country and then getting a job here filling the skills gap the UK's education system doesn't address.

Didn't Romania trounce us in the PISA?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15

tbh i don't know why people think that if a "comic" says something then it is so much more valid than if someone else says it. these so called "comics" are self-obsessed lusers.
The entire media will be at Victoria Coach Station tomorrow morning, interviewing people getting off the Bucharest service.

Makes me feel quite sorry for them really.
Reply 17
Well if anyone knows any Romanians or Bulgarians please get them to private message me as I have three job vacancies at my cafe in Manchester. Please don't message me if you are British as I don't want to pay British wages (saving up for an Xbox One)
Please feel free to lecture me on the imminent takeover of Britain by the Eastern Europeans and how all of them claim benefits and scrounge from the state instead of helping support the retiring baby boomers and filling crucial understaffed areas of employment....

...when there is actually any evidence to support your argument.

Unfortunately OP, a hyperbolic daily mail article does not constitute evidence. Indeed, when workers are unemployed or worried about losing their jobs, blaming immigrants has intuitive appeal. Below is a link to all the studies which show your fears to be, frankly, wrong:

Economist Study #1

Centre for Economic Performance Study #2

Research by the independent National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) #3

Cited paper by Migration policy institute ("No convincing evidence exists that that immigrants substantially reduce wages or ‘take British jobs’, despite popular perceptions") #4

UCL survey shows migrants contribute $40bn to UK economy #5

Another UCL study #6

CCSR survey #7

I could go on...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Mrkingpenguin
Please feel free to lecture me on the imminent takeover of Britain by the Eastern Europeans and how all of them claim benefits and scrounge from the state instead of helping support the retiring baby boomers and filling crucial understaffed areas of employment....

...when there is actually any evidence to support your argument.

Is this some kind of joke, are you just repeating what your parents say or are you middler-aged?

Why on Earth would anyone care about the ageing baby-boomers? Why would the youth today have to pay for the worst generation in the history of Great Britain?

Here's what the baby-boomers have given to us:

Shocking house-prices

Biggest debt in the world after US

The least innovative generation, they don't even invent anything, they are at the age that should be the most intelligent patent-producing role-models what a joke

Mass-immigration/ multiculturalism

The Recession

Lower job prospects

and YOU think that we have to pay for them????????? Do they pay for us? They've bled the country dry and all they want is more more more, everyone talks of greed in the world now but they won't take responsibility for anything. The government will close down libraries and swimming pools to get money rather than make the bastards suffer that really caused the countries problems. There are people in their 40's and 50's with massive mortgages and two cars on the drive and they don't own anything, they don't own their house, they don't own their cars, yet they believe they worked hard for what they have, they didn't work hard for what they have they simply turned up to work.

Quick Reply

Latest