The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College, Biomedical Sciences applicants - Oct. 2014 Entry

Couldn't find any thread for the 2014 intake, so I thought I'd start a new one. I'm applying for Biomedical Sciences B900 (with a medicine personal statement). :smile:

Some offers went out in January 31.

Good luck to those who's yet to hear from Imperial! :h:

Update: I received an offer! :woo:
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

I've also applied - with a biomed PS - but didn't we receive an email earlier saying all decisions would hopefully be sent from late December to the end of January? I haven't heard anything though so you may be right!
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by catharticrelease
Hi,

I've also applied - with a biomed PS - but didn't we receive an email earlier saying all decisions would hopefully be sent from late December to the end of January? I haven't heard anything though so you may be right!

Woo, finally another applicant! I felt so lonely, haha. :biggrin:
When did you receive that e-mail? I haven't got it! :s-smilie: All I have from Imperial is an acknowledgement email...
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Jenn.
Woo, finally another applicant! I felt so lonely, haha. :biggrin:
When did you receive that e-mail? I haven't got it! :s-smilie: All I have from Imperial is an acknowledgement email...

I know there seem to be so few of us! I think there are some others that have posted in the official Biomedical Sciences 2014 applicants thread though.

I received the email just after the BMAT results came through - 29th November. It was written by Peter Clark but sent from Amaka C Uche - maybe search your mailbox?
Reply 4
I know there seem to be so few of us! I think there are some others that have posted in the official Biomedical Sciences 2014 applicants thread though.

I received the email just after the BMAT results came through - 29th November. It was written by Peter Clark but sent from Amaka C Uche - maybe search your mailbox?

Ah, okay. :smile: I found it, thank you.

I didn't see much of us around, either. I think I'm going to have a look at the "Biomedical Sciences applicants" thread as well.
Anybody know what the competition is like for this course? I've got an average BMAT score but the rest of my application is up to scratch I think. Applied for Oct 14 entry.. Anyone find any admissions statistics anywhere?
Reply 6
Original post by sausagerolled
Anybody know what the competition is like for this course? I've got an average BMAT score but the rest of my application is up to scratch I think. Applied for Oct 14 entry.. Anyone find any admissions statistics anywhere?

I just know that a girl got admitted last year with a rather average BMAT score. :smile: So, you shouldn't really worry if your grades are excellent and PS stands out.
What was her score out of interest?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by sausagerolled
What was her score out of interest?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think she got around 3.5 - 4 in both section 1 and 2 and 5A on her essay, if I remember correctly. She is now studying at UCL. :smile:

Her profile
(edited 10 years ago)
Ahh ok, I got 4.5 4.9 2.5A so pretty terrible haha, predicted 4A*s and personal statement/reference was decent though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Hey, I've applied for Biomed in imperial too

Just wondering what would you guys plan to do after graduating.
(edited 10 years ago)
Ii
(edited 10 years ago)
Any offers?
Reply 13
Original post by tarhuni
Any offers?

No, I haven't heard back yet. :dontknow:
I haven't either. They are taking their time! Or maybe I'm just being too impatient.
Reply 15
I haven't either. They are taking their time! Or maybe I'm just being too impatient.

Ahah, I'm impatient too, but I think they are taking their time to assess our applications correctly. :smile:
Original post by Jenn.
No, I haven't heard back yet. :dontknow:

What other courses and unis have you guys applied to?
Reply 17
Original post by tarhuni

I applied to Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Oxford for medicine; and Dundee for Biomedical Sciences. :smile: I'm still waiting to hear from Edinburgh, Dundee and Imperial. If I don't get into Edinburgh, I will probably take a gap year or start medicine in my country (and re-apply in the UK next year). Quite undecided at the moment.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by tarhuni

I've applied for biomedical sciences at Imperial, Sheffield, Newcastle, St. Georges and natural sciences at Cambridge.

Still waiting to hear from Imperial and St. Georges.

What other courses/unis have you applied to?

Do people mind sharing their BMAT results? I just want to get a feel for the sort of calibre Imperial biomed applicants are at - I'm sure very high!
Reply 19
I've applied for biomedical sciences at Imperial, Sheffield, Newcastle, St. Georges and natural sciences at Cambridge.

Still waiting to hear from Imperial and St. Georges.

What other courses/unis have you applied to?

Do people mind sharing their BMAT results? I just want to get a feel for the sort of calibre Imperial biomed applicants are at - I'm sure very high!

Don't worry, you'll be fine! :smile: As I said a few weeks ago, some people got in with a very average BMAT score!

I got 5.7, 5.3 and 3B on my essay (although it was total crap!).
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending