The Student Room Group
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds

Anyone else have no one to live with next year?

Hi, I'm a first year student at leeds met, i currently live in leeds met accommodation, yet i do not get along with the people i live with and haven't made any other good friends i could possibly live with. I was wondering if anyone knew a page you could access to find anyone else in the same situation, or if anyone on here is. Also does anyone know any reasonably priced 2nd year private halls as i know this may be another choice of finding new people to live with.
Reply 1
Hi, I'm in the same situation as you :frown: And I don't know anywhere sorry :frown:
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds
Original post by sadielou
Hi, I'm a first year student at leeds met, i currently live in leeds met accommodation, yet i do not get along with the people i live with and haven't made any other good friends i could possibly live with. I was wondering if anyone knew a page you could access to find anyone else in the same situation, or if anyone on here is. Also does anyone know any reasonably priced 2nd year private halls as i know this may be another choice of finding new people to live with.

Original post by emski
Hi, I'm in the same situation as you :frown: And I don't know anywhere sorry :frown:

I am in the same position as you guys but personally I might just stay at uni accommodation, I seen firsthand the arguements that comes with houseshare. IQ leeds is reasonably priced for student accommodation and would reccommend it. Its 99 pounds a week for decent ensuite room.
Reply 3
Original post by Vibenation
I am in the same position as you guys but personally I might just stay at uni accommodation, I seen firsthand the arguements that comes with houseshare. IQ leeds is reasonably priced for student accommodation and would reccommend it. Its 99 pounds a week for decent ensuite room.

I don't want to live with fresher's though..
Reply 4
Ive been looking into it and found a website which is quite useful:
http://www.accommodationforstudents.com/studentprivatehalls/studentaccommodation_lphs_Leeds.asp

some halls are specifically for 2nd and 3rd years and i think if you wanted to stay in your current halls you can request a specific room with other 2nd years.

ive looked at IQ as well and it looks reasonably priced and isnt too far from where i am at the moment, is that where youre thinking of going?
Hi guys,

sorry to hear you are struggling to find somewhere to live. Have you been to speak to Unipol? They are really helpful and I am sure they can give you some advise on which halls will suit you best. I believe that all the accommodation for 2014 will be released in a couple of weeks.
Pennine House is the hall that we manage which is predominantly aimed at 2nd and 3rd years or postgrads. It is in the centre of Leeds and brand new for September. Here is the link. http://www.collegiate-ac.com/student-accommodation/leeds/pennine-house

Try not to worry - there are loads of options in Leeds and I am sure you will find something to suit you.

Good luck!
Reply 6
Hi, I'm in exactly the same position and thinking of staying in private halls again next year too. IQ's definitely a possibility :smile:

I'm a first year currently at the College of art.

Hope to hear from you soon :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
Hi sadielou,
me and two other girls are actually wanting to get fourth roommate for next year! we didn't really get on with one of our housemates so she won't be living with us next year.

Where are you living at the mo? and what are you studying?

rose x
Reply 8
Original post by Rosie252238
Hi sadielou,
me and two other girls are actually wanting to get fourth roommate for next year! we didn't really get on with one of our housemates so she won't be living with us next year.

Where are you living at the mo? and what are you studying?

rose x

Hi, where abouts is the house because I'm interested :smile: I'm studying computer forensics at Leeds met.
Reply 9
Hi I too am in a similar situation. I haven't really made friends with the people in my uni accommodation flat as they are very hard core party people and are very loud and inconsiderate (being sick outside my door etc) whilst I like to have fun and go out I find them too much. I have made a few close friends on my course but they already had friends in leeds from back home and wanted to live with them. I too have friends from back home that live in leeds but they want to continue to live in halls so I would definitely be interested in house sharing with someone next year, I would prefer Headingly but am very flexible as long as i'm not too far from a bus stop :smile: Feel free to send me an inbox if anyone is interested.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending