The Student Room Group

How many hours are you revising each day?

Scroll to see replies

Revision is for the weak.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Revision is for the weak.

Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 542
I've actually been doing 6 hours a day since yesterday! So proud lol
Reply 543
It's taken three hours to revise four pages of the revision book:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Going to the library has given me more motivation, you can't really procrastinate with all the other quiet people around you 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Six hours for two consecutive days, so my set minimum for 2014 is working, but I still need to do more, I think.
Spent so long revising today that my brain was practically oozing out of my ears, yet I didn't even cover one chapter of a module. Why?! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
Spent so long revising today that my brain was practically oozing out of my ears, yet I didn't even cover one chapter of a module. Why?! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What subjects do you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hudsonxoxo
What subjects do you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Physics, maths and further maths. The first two are fine, the further maths is... Not.

You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was supposed to wake up at 9 today and start my revision fresh in the morning. I woke up at 3... I officially declare that I'm going to fail these mocks.
Original post by furryface12
Physics, maths and further maths. The first two are fine, the further maths is... Not.

You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh the thought of those subjects actually scares me, English lit, English Language and Sociology :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 551
Going to the library has given me more motivation, you can't really procrastinate with all the other quiet people around you 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg I have to start doing this. There's no way I would be able to procrastinate there. Thanks for this!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh the thought of those subjects actually scares me, English lit, English Language and Sociology :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That would be far more scary! I can barely cope with writing sentences that make any sense, let alone essays :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jatz07
Spend 1-2 hrs reading the content for Physics, and then 1 hr revising it all (by writing it down from memory or saying it out loud), it's a very effective way to remember a lot of information.

Thanks, that would help if I was doing Physics :biggrin:.
Original post by Jatz07
No problem. I'm assuming you have A2 mock exams in January? How is the revision going?

Lol pretty much stuffed my face and watched movies all of the 2 weeks holidays. So not so good just really demotivated to do anything. First mock which is Maths is on Monday and I'm starting tomorrow XD. Will probably no life it for the next 3 days.
8 hours - A-Levels are easy, try doing a degree in Chinese (and French with a Spanish elective). Oh Languages!
Original post by Jatz07
Spend 1-2 hrs reading the content for Physics, and then 1 hr revising it all (by writing it down from memory or saying it out loud), it's a very effective way to remember a lot of information.

Thanks- physics I'm fine on tbh, it's just further maths that I don't understand a word of. That said, I think I'm now alrightish on all but the last part of the first four out of seven chapters, so it's getting there :smile: What other subjects do you take?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing anything from 2 to 5 hours, depending on my motivation, which doesn't seem like a lot now I'm typing it haha! I'm getting through it though, thank god.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jatz07
Biology, Chemistry, History, Maths and the Extended Project :smile: (By the way, I don't do Physics lol, but I found that by reading 1 hr and then revising it, you remember the information very, very effectively)

Cool, I dropped chemistry after AS so I'm always impressed with people that can actually cope with it! What exam board are you on for maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
For about a week or less straight, i did 5 hours a day because i have mock exams after the Winter Holidays. I did it by doing 1 hour revision per topic and 1 hour break. The topics only cover like 2 pages on average, and i just condense all the info so it fits on one paper, so 1 hour seems like a lot of time, that's the key, give yourself a huge amount of time to do a little thing, it'll make it easier, and some people say revise an hour then take a 15 min break... i think that's absolutely crazy! How can you work for a whole hour and only get a 15 min break, that is not enough time for me to recharge and actually have the willpower to get back up and revise
There's a saying "Work hard, play hard", basically means, however much you work, that's however much you play
Therefore, if i'm going to work for an hour, i'm going to rest for an hour! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending