The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cant_think_of_name
Wow. That must be horrible for them. Whoever it is must be be feeling awful - support is definitely needed.

Shall see if its true or not. Hope it doesn't come to light if the person who it is doesn't want the news to come out.
Original post by Malevolent
Shall see if its true or not. Hope it doesn't come to light if the person who it is doesn't want the news to come out.

Unfortunately I think if it is true it's going to come to light. Some sections of the media don't particularly have a conscience when it comes to things like this. But who knows...?
Unfortunately I think if it is true it's going to come to light. Some sections of the media don't particularly have a conscience when it comes to things like this. But who knows...?

Yeah man its pretty cruel. You see who the rumour its supposed to be? Now that will be quite a shock.
Yeah man its pretty cruel. You see who the rumour its supposed to be? Now that will be quite a shock.

I'm finding Aaron Rodgers? That's not something I saw coming. Having said that, at least it's not some rookie, because then they'd probably be done. I don't think quite as many people would be there to bully the Super Bowl MVP, Brett Favre 2.0, pretty much best QB around Aaron Rodgers. But it's still going to happen, sadly :frown:
I'm finding Aaron Rodgers? That's not something I saw coming. Having said that, at least it's not some rookie, because then they'd probably be done. I don't think quite as many people would be there to bully the Super Bowl MVP, Brett Favre 2.0, pretty much best QB around Aaron Rodgers. But it's still going to happen, sadly :frown:

Yeah man Rodgers!

If he came out that would admittedly be absolutely huge. No disrespect to the other athletes who have but this would be the first proper star to come out. Id like to think the league would support him though even though a players sexuality shouldn't matter.
Original post by The Patriot
Hi :smile:

I looked through the TSR groups and couldn't find one on American Football and so wondered if anybody was interested in joining one if I created one.
Perhaps 'The TSR NFL Society', or something along those lines...

Furthermore not many people (comparatively to football/rugby etc) know much about the NFL in the UK, and lots of people call it a 'poofs sport' because of the pads. So if anybody wants to know more or chat/talk smack about the NFL then feel free.

Any shout outs to your favourite team are welcome.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS <3

EDIT: The Social Group is here. Join if you are interested. Other American Football related threads will be added soon.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=1167

Why is it called football when their foot seldom touches the ball? surely it is a misnomer? handball would be more apt...
Yeah man Rodgers!

If he came out that would admittedly be absolutely huge. No disrespect to the other athletes who have but this would be the first proper star to come out. Id like to think the league would support him though even though a players sexuality shouldn't matter.

Yeah. Barring Tom Daley he would really be the first big one (and Tom Daley was never huge in the US). I think ultimately he will get lots of praise for it but also a lot of hate. I just hope that after such an illustrious career (Pro-Bowl x3, NFL MVP 2011, Super Bowl rings, best career passer rating ever) he isn't defined by something like this. He also has a good 5 or 6 years left in him (if not more!) so it's not over for him yet...
Yeah. Barring Tom Daley he would really be the first big one (and Tom Daley was never huge in the US). I think ultimately he will get lots of praise for it but also a lot of hate. I just hope that after such an illustrious career (Pro-Bowl x3, NFL MVP 2011, Super Bowl rings, best career passer rating ever) he isn't defined by something like this. He also has a good 5 or 6 years left in him (if not more!) so it's not over for him yet...

Mhm Tom Daley doesn't hold a candle to Rodgers sporting career haha. Why hasn't Kerry Rhodes got a team though? This guy is better than half the safeties currently playing. I dont get that.

Looks like a lateral to me :lol:

Should lose that record but we know when the NFL reviews all the plays they wont change it :tongue:
Bengals fan here, ready to win the playoffs, i'm just hoping jay gruden get's it together with his plays
and they didn't adjust the record. What a surprise :rolleyes:

Duke put up 38 points on Texas A&M in the first half...

I knew they were bad defensively but ****.
I think the Bengals will beat the Chargers handily. I also have the Colts, Saints, & Packers winning. The NFC games are toss ups but I like Drew Brees against that Philly secondary, and I have a feeling Rodgers will go off against the Niners although SF should still be favourites.
Original post by JuliOkayama
I think the Bengals will beat the Chargers handily. I also have the Colts, Saints, & Packers winning. The NFC games are toss ups but I like Drew Brees against that Philly secondary, and I have a feeling Rodgers will go off against the Niners although SF should still be favourites.

Brees away from home though. I see the Eagles taking that one
Reply 7933
Chargers colts eagles 4(1)9ers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Brees away from home though. I see the Eagles taking that one

Yeah Brees' struggles outdoors are clear, and against a power football team they may struggle. But I also think that if that offensive line can protect Brees, he will find a way to pick that secondary apart. I think Graham will go off in this one.
Original post by JuliOkayama
Yeah Brees' struggles outdoors are clear, and against a power football team they may struggle. But I also think that if that offensive line can protect Brees, he will find a way to pick that secondary apart. I think Graham will go off in this one.

Brees away from his nice little comfy dome is completely different. If its as cold as its supposed to be can see the Eagles taking this.
Man LSU landed some pretty sick players. Fournette especially :coma:
Alabama's defense is being shredded.
Reply 7938
Alabama's defense is being shredded.

What game are you watching? How far in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 419
What game are you watching? How far in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alabama vs Oklahoma. Sugar bowl.