The Student Room Group

Spliced and diced - perhaps one day, a little shredded!

Scroll to see replies

Some great squat PBs there, keep it up!
Thanks guys :biggrin:

OP is updated, it was a tad out of date.

Getting to a gym is going to be interesting... who knew Devon had so few gyms that didn't charge a **** load for a one off. Been quoted £20 per session and £10 out of the two gyms closest to me. Might have to venture into Exeter to go to a gym (still £7.50 a time :rolleyes: ) but I'll have to get up earlier... It'll take 30 mins to get there, then say an hour and a half in there, shower and 30 mins back... I'll have to get my revision wake up times a bit stricter.

Goals for next 3 months - Squat 120kg
Bench 40kg DBs
Deadlift 3 plates
As I'm still very much in noob ground, I think this shouldnt be too bad with enough sleep and 1/2GOMAD or similar
Devon? You should be paying that £20 per session for the honour of lifting with Motorbiker. :wink:

Good luck with your goals, brah. 40kg DBs is stronk.
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Devon? You should be paying that £20 per session for the honour of lifting with Motorbiker. :wink:

Good luck with your goals, brah. 40kg DBs is stronk.

He's been in North Devon which is 45 min drive from me, so no chance of that :tongue:

Also, I get not far below parallel squatting... I'd be put to shame by his ATG :tongue:
Original post by Angry cucumber
He's been in North Devon which is 45 min drive from me, so no chance of that :tongue:

Also, I get not far below parallel squatting... I'd be put to shame by his ATG :tongue:

We're all put to shame by his ATG.
We're all put to shame by his ATG.

I'm coming for him! Give me like a year...

Posted from TSR Mobile
x

I forgot to mention... Idk who Motorbiker is anymore... for he is neck brah :tongue:

5k in 24:47... A casual 3 mins lost in 3 months.. can't say I'm surprised :lol:
Thanks guys :biggrin:

OP is updated, it was a tad out of date.

Getting to a gym is going to be interesting... who knew Devon had so few gyms that didn't charge a **** load for a one off. Been quoted £20 per session and £10 out of the two gyms closest to me. Might have to venture into Exeter to go to a gym (still £7.50 a time :rolleyes: ) but I'll have to get up earlier... It'll take 30 mins to get there, then say an hour and a half in there, shower and 30 mins back... I'll have to get my revision wake up times a bit stricter.

Goals for next 3 months - Squat 120kg
Bench 40kg DBs
Deadlift 3 plates
As I'm still very much in noob ground, I think this shouldnt be too bad with enough sleep and 1/2GOMAD or similar

gyms are so fricking expensive round your area. goals look doable, you squat will be miles ahead of mine soon.
Original post by AreebWithaHat
gyms are so fricking expensive round your area. goals look doable, you squat will be miles ahead of mine soon.

Rang up a gym this morning.. They quoted £13 a time for non-members and tried to argue it was reasonable... I was like :lolwut:
Rang up a gym this morning.. They quoted £13 a time for non-members and tried to argue it was reasonable... I was like :lolwut:

Mine is £4, which I think is on the high end of reasonable. Are there no small/hardcore gyms? They're always cheap(ish). Commercial gyms are ridiculously expensive, the ones that never advertise and leave it up to you to some how find them on your own are usually reasonably priced, it's just a case of finding out they exist...
Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo
Mine is £4, which I think is on the high end of reasonable. Are there no small/hardcore gyms? They're always cheap(ish). Commercial gyms are ridiculously expensive, the ones that never advertise and leave it up to you to some how find them on your own are usually reasonably priced, it's just a case of finding out they exist...

Aye the £7.50 one fits under that umbrella, I learnt about it from a guy who I went to school with who now is a competitive body builder. They've just upped their prices from £5 a go.
I'll keep looking, precisely no-one on my facebook commented with a half useful gym, all were massively overpriced. Its just ridiculous :colonhash:
Aye the £7.50 one fits under that umbrella, I learnt about it from a guy who I went to school with who now is a competitive body builder. They've just upped their prices from £5 a go.
I'll keep looking, precisely no-one on my facebook commented with a half useful gym, all were massively overpriced. Its just ridiculous :colonhash:

Have you searched other/"proper" fitness forums for gyms? There's always load of 'where is a good gym in X' threads knocking around.
After an hour looking up just about every google combination of gyms in Exeter and the surrounding area, the same one keeps coming up. So I'll try and go to it at least once in the week. Gonna have to get my **** together in the mornings.

If anyone want to make an absolute bomb open a half decent gym not directed at "pump and tone" near me, that's reasonably priced :lol:

If anyone want to make an absolute bomb open a half decent gym not directed at "pump and tone" near me, that's reasonably priced :lol:

For £5 a session I'll let you bench, squat and deadlift me. I have a bag to allow addition of extra weight and I'm currently bulking to allow for progressive overload.
For £5 a session I'll let you bench, squat and deadlift me. I have a bag to allow addition of extra weight and I'm currently bulking to allow for progressive overload.

Not enough 'no homo' in the world.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not enough 'no homo' in the world.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:sexface:

Strong jelly detected

:
:sexface:

Strong jelly detected

:

He offered a while ago to let me press him, for free :wink:

Your delts. ****. Wouldletyoupressme/10

Starting to think Hype has a thing for being man handled by sweaty guys... :sexface:
Currently in a different gym

A new life moto "though shalt not complain about previous gyms. Ever."

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

A new life moto "though shalt complain about previous gyms. Ever."

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you settle for the £7.50 one or find cheaper?
He offered a while ago to let me press him, for free :wink:
Starting to think Hype has a thing for being man handled by sweaty guys... :sexface:

The whole Amskyr thing is just a well organised charade. We know what he really wants :sexface:

A new life moto "though shalt complain about previous gyms. Ever."

Posted from TSR Mobile

shalt... not?

Quick Reply

Latest