The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oklahoma score again. Christ Saban must be fuming.
If this is how AJ McCarron bows out of CFB pretty sad :frown:
Derrick Henry is a beast...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Alabama backed up pretty deep!
and its over. McCarron fumbles.
Original post by Malevolent
and its over. McCarron fumbles.

That's kinda sad. He's a good guy...

Manziel bowed out pretty well though (if the rumours are to be believed, and he is in fact bowing out) :tongue:
Original post by cant_think_of_name
That's kinda sad. He's a good guy...

Manziel bowed out pretty well though (if the rumours are to be believed, and he is in fact bowing out) :tongue:

Too be fair to him his o line was disastrous today, they were manhandled by Oklahoma :redface:

Think that might actually be the fairest way of doing it. Sick of seeing teams get home field with records like 9-7 just cause the division they play blows.
Reply 7949
If Tom Brady and Bill Belichick manage to win the Superbowl again where is their place in the pantheon of the great players?

I'm pretty terrified of the 49ers this week, Rodgers needs to have a monstrous game for the Pack to even have a chance :sad:
Original post by Bryci
If Tom Brady and Bill Belichick manage to win the Superbowl again where is their place in the pantheon of the great players?

Gotta be honest I've always hated the pats. Especially Brady and belichick because I've always felt they were arrogant and over hyped.

However seeing the way they have fought though having no recivers to speak of and key injuries such as wilfork they have earns a lot of respect. I still hate them so it pains me to say this but they have been the team that have impressed me most this season

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7951
Original post by Sammy Lanka
Gotta be honest I've always hated the pats. Especially Brady and belichick because I've always felt they were arrogant and over hyped.

However seeing the way they have fought though having no recivers to speak of and key injuries such as wilfork they have earns a lot of respect. I still hate them so it pains me to say this but they have been the team that have impressed me most this season

Posted from TSR Mobile

See I've never actually hated the Patriots, always been indifferent but cant help and marvel at their last decade or so. I actually think BB should be COTY. How many coaches could get their team which has started the second most amount of rookies and lost so many key players lead them to a 12-4 record? One might say they have had really close games but all the record reflects is that they won not by how much.

If they can somehow win the Bowl I think Brady and Bill should retire as there would be the most spectacular achievement. Remind me of my Packers when we won the Superbowl and we were pretty terribly banged up.
Original post by Bryci
See I've never actually hated the Patriots, always been indifferent but cant help and marvel at their last decade or so. I actually think BB should be COTY. How many coaches could get their team which has started the second most amount of rookies and lost so many key players lead them to a 12-4 record? One might say they have had really close games but all the record reflects is that they won not by how much.

If they can somehow win the Bowl I think Brady and Bill should retire as there would be the most spectacular achievement. Remind me of my Packers when we won the Superbowl and we were pretty terribly banged up.

If you look at the players they have had in the last 10 years they have been pretty lucky. This year is the first time they have actually had to fight through personnel issues. I have to agree with the COTY idea. I don't recon he will get it though.

I never bother about how close games are. In many ways fighting for a win is more impressive than a blowout. Great teams find ways to win no matter what and NE have done that this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
For some reason, as good as New England have been, I can't see them making it to the Super Bowl. I believe they'll have one of their bad games and it will come back to bite them.

We know there's an unexpected Super Bowl team every year. This year I don't think it will be San Diego. I think they're going to be one of the 'step too far' teams. I just hope they're comprehensively beaten and not knocked out by a blown call.

Seattle, I believe, will be the disappointment. They've been hyped since the end of last season and it's almost as if everyone expects them to get there. Typically, when that happens, the team doesn't make it. I think the hype is so much that someone will beat them before the Super Bowl at some point.

My pick is Carolina to sneak through to the Super Bowl for the NFC. On the AFC side, I believe Denver will get there.
Oh I love this love for New England, sadly if we want to go far its gonna have to be on the base of a strong running game. Thankfully we have a pretty nice trio of Vereen, Ridley and Blount.
Original post by Genocidal
For some reason, as good as New England have been, I can't see them making it to the Super Bowl. I believe they'll have one of their bad games and it will come back to bite them.

We know there's an unexpected Super Bowl team every year. This year I don't think it will be San Diego. I think they're going to be one of the 'step too far' teams. I just hope they're comprehensively beaten and not knocked out by a blown call.

Seattle, I believe, will be the disappointment. They've been hyped since the end of last season and it's almost as if everyone expects them to get there. Typically, when that happens, the team doesn't make it. I think the hype is so much that someone will beat them before the Super Bowl at some point.

My pick is Carolina to sneak through to the Super Bowl for the NFC. On the AFC side, I believe Denver will get there.

In fairness to SD they are only in the playoffs because of two blown calls.

I like the panthers but recon San Fran may be too strong.

I recon Cincy can beat NE in the divisional round and then Denver will beat Cincy leading to a Denver vs niners Super Bowl

Posted from TSR Mobile
You forgot about the inevitable P.Manning choke :lol:
Original post by Malevolent
Brees away from his nice little comfy dome is completely different. If its as cold as its supposed to be can see the Eagles taking this.

Yeah Brees is 3-5 away from the Superdome but the Eagles are 4-4 at home. They give up 290 passing yards per game, good for last in the league, and they gave up 135 yards to Witten with Orton throwing to him. Graham could have himself a career day. I like the match ups in favour of NO regardless of the weather.
Original post by JuliOkayama
Yeah Brees is 3-5 away from the Superdome but the Eagles are 4-4 at home. They give up 290 passing yards per game, good for last in the league, and they gave up 135 yards to Witten with Orton throwing to him. Graham could have himself a career day. I like the match ups in favour of NO regardless of the weather.

Most of those home losses happened at the start of the season. They are a different team now with Foles at QB. However the secondary is worrying. I predict over 60 points in the game and philly to sneak it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sammy Lanka
In fairness to SD they are only in the playoffs because of two blown calls.

I like the panthers but recon San Fran may be too strong.

I recon Cincy can beat NE in the divisional round and then Denver will beat Cincy leading to a Denver vs niners Super Bowl

Posted from TSR Mobile

San Francisco have sort of hidden themselves under the radar because Seattle have dominated in their division. They definitely have a decent shot of making the Super Bowl, but I think Aaron Rodgers will win it for the Packers tomorrow. The weather is awful in that part of the world and the 49ers won't be used to that on any level.

With the Bengals it depends who shows up really. I believe at home they'll win it, but away from home you never know with Andy Dalton. It's interesting how a lot of analysts still predict the Bengals will make the Super Bowl, though. They've been the chosen dark horse for the last few seasons.

Latest