The Student Room Group

I'm Wonderful and I'm Single Society XX

Scroll to see replies

Original post by spiral87
Clara is so purdyful :colondollar: Tennant was always my favourite doctor. Remember the episode with the Weeping Angels where he travelled back to 1969? All time favourite episode of Doctor Who. Stunning piece of work.

Yup Blink! that episode was amazing, I also like the waters of mars and The Satan Pit a lot. Yeah I was hooked on tennants doctor, Matt just didn't feel the same
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Robbie242
Yup Blink! that episode was amazing, I also like the waters of mars a lot. Yeah I was hooked on tennants doctor, Matt just didn't feel the same

I felt the stories seriously slipped with Matt Smith. He wasn't a bad actor or a bad Doctor, but dat finale...It was embarrassing. I had no feeling for it at all.
I just got back from holiday hows everyone dooooing good christmas/NY?
I felt the stories seriously slipped with Matt Smith. He wasn't a bad actor or a bad Doctor, but dat finale...It was embarrassing. I had no feeling for it at all.

No I agree, Moffats stories on the whole have been much weaker than RTD's, there aren't any amazing episodes that show off the doctors full emotion that well (apart from angels take manhattan and a few others) but a lot of them seen generic and overdone... you don't have many smart episodes like the satan pit anymore... I agree I didn't have any feeling for that regeneration compared to Tennants ''I don't wanna go'' :cry:
Original post by lauraaaaa
I just bought a four cd disney songs cd....don't even care

I have a secret soft spot for Disney, particularly the theme park songs. Should I have admitted this? Probably not :biggrin: Nevermind, it's still brilliant.
Original post by lovecraft91
I have a secret soft spot for Disney, particularly the theme park songs. Should I have admitted this? Probably not :biggrin: Nevermind, it's still brilliant.

Anyone who says they dont like disney are lying to themselves! I wanna go to disney for my 18th, not even joking
Anyone who says they dont like disney are lying to themselves! I wanna go to disney for my 18th, not even joking

Definitely haha! Went in '98 (Paris) and '05 (Florida) and really enjoyed it :smile: (prior to that I'd collected all the VHS tapes of promotional material from car boot sales as a substitute :tongue:)
Definitely haha! Went in '98 (Paris) and '05 (Florida) and really enjoyed it :smile: (prior to that I'd collected all the VHS tapes of promotional material from car boot sales as a substitute :tongue:)

I've only been to Paris, twice! I pledge to go to them all before I die!

Disney is so good! I haven't been since I was 10, so many happy memories, I'd love to go back.

In Florida in '97, they had an epic 'Alien' experience where you were strapped into your seats while an alien escaped from its enclosure. There was a light/laser/smoke show and live actors ran around with machine guns trying to subdue the monster. The lights would go out, an actor would scream and you'd be sprayed with 'blood' as he got killed, then you'd hear the monster walk on the metal grates and stop behind you, breathing down your neck. Kids left crying, it was brilliant! Then it got replaced by a Lilo and Stitch experience >.>

Original post by Robbie242
No I agree, Moffats stories on the whole have been much weaker than RTD's, there aren't any amazing episodes that show off the doctors full emotion that well (apart from angels take manhattan and a few others) but a lot of them seen generic and overdone... you don't have many smart episodes like the satan pit anymore... I agree I didn't have any feeling for that regeneration compared to Tennants ''I don't wanna go'' :cry:

Oh have they changed writers? :/ I thought the recent episode with the very first Doctor was rather atmospheric and well-written, but equally it felt horrifically drawn out. There was much filler. What was the Satan Pit episode?
Disney is so good! I haven't been since I was 10, so many happy memories, I'd love to go back.

In Florida in '97, they had an epic 'Alien' experience where you were strapped into your seats while an alien escaped from its enclosure. There was a light/laser/smoke show and live actors ran around with machine guns trying to subdue the monster. The lights would go out, an actor would scream and you'd be sprayed with 'blood' as he got killed, then you'd hear the monster walk on the metal grates and stop behind you, breathing down your neck. Kids left crying, it was brilliant! Then it got replaced by a Lilo and Stitch experience >.>

Oh have they changed writers? :/ I thought the recent episode with the very first Doctor was rather atmospheric and well-written, but equally it felt horrifically drawn out. There was much filler. What was the Satan Pit episode?

I went to paris when i was 6 and when i was 13...loved both times but never got to go on any big rides cos I wasnt old enough in 2002 and the friend i went with in 2009 didnt like big rides. I wanna go on tower of terror, finding nemo, indiana jones and that big space one sooooo bad!

I really want to do Tokyo Disneyland, if only for Pooh's Hunny Hunt which looks immense :tongue: Actually, for DisneySea as well (especially that Journey to the Center of the Earth ride).

I heard about that but apparently they retired it in 2003 :/ I would've probably been scarred for life if I went then though.
Reply 9292
I really want to do Tokyo Disneyland, if only for Pooh's Hunny Hunt which looks immense :tongue: Actually, for DisneySea as well (especially that Journey to the Center of the Earth ride).

Disneysea is meant to be the better one, with the bigger rides at least.
Original post by james1211
Disneysea is meant to be the better one, with the bigger rides at least.

I haven't been keeping tabs on it since 2008 - heard they were developing something mega at Hong Kong Disneyland as well. To the internet>>>

I'll come with you! I'd rather go to Disneyland than on a beach holiday!
I went to paris when i was 6 and when i was 13...loved both times but never got to go on any big rides cos I wasnt old enough in 2002 and the friend i went with in 2009 didnt like big rides. I wanna go on tower of terror, finding nemo, indiana jones and that big space one sooooo bad!

Pfft, should have told her to grow some balls, I was going on the big rides when I was 10, but I was a tall lad. Tower Of Terror was pretty cool! You get the live actors take you up and build the atmosphere, it's all very spooky. The camera took a picture right while I was blinking, my fam thought I was scared. I thought it was rather tame really :colondollar: Indiana Jones was a laugh as well! Big Space? :smile:
Right - this will be my year!!!

I have just all of a sudden felt really confident - hope there isn't a come down

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pfft, should have told her to grow some balls, I was going on the big rides when I was 10, but I was a tall lad. Tower Of Terror was pretty cool! You get the live actors take you up and build the atmosphere, it's all very spooky. The camera took a picture right while I was blinking, my fam thought I was scared. I thought it was rather tame really :colondollar: Indiana Jones was a laugh as well! Big Space? :smile:

Hah I was only five/six the first time I went so my parents wouldn't really let me go on them, even though I was big enough! I went on thunder mountain on my own when I went with her cos no one wanted to go with me haha. I don't get scared by anything like rides or films so I'll be fine! I reeeeally wanna go now, just need to find someone to go with, oh and some money haha!

Quick Reply

Latest