The Student Room Group

Advice for Numerical tests & verbal reasoning tests?

Even though I come from an engineering background and have always scored best in my maths modules I absolutely suck at these.

Failed Nomuras, pretty sure I failed Jefferies aswell. Have to do UBS and Deutsche Bank this week.

Can anyone give me advice on how to ace these? Or direct me to the BEST practice ones (already practiced shl and kenexa)

Thanks
Reply 1
Check out this site: http://www.assessmentday.co.uk/
It's probably because you are so used to advanced math that you have forgotten how to do the basics quickly and efficiently.
Reply 3
Original post by spoli21
Check out this site: http://www.assessmentday.co.uk/

Yeap bought the numerical and verbal pack. Still sucking.
Reply 4
Original post by Tokyoround
It's probably because you are so used to advanced math that you have forgotten how to do the basics quickly and efficiently.

When I do them untimed I've no issues. But I just dont get how its possible to do them THAT quickly. Ergh
Original post by Sifr
When I do them untimed I've no issues. But I just dont get how its possible to do them THAT quickly. Ergh

Graduatemonkey is the best now apparently...

...spend time on things, read the question quickly and become solid on certain numerical operations.

There are plenty of tips online so you should really be able to pass them. The barrier is normally set at average, so 60-70%.
Original post by Sifr

If you know how to solve the questions then the problem is comprehension, which, I agree, is challenging when the questions are this badly worded. The only advice is to keep practicing until you gain an intuition about how SHL or whoever come up with them

Spend 30 seconds reading and understanding what the question wants you to do, and another 30 seconds working out the answer. As you know, the actual calcs are trivial - the tricky bit is getting past the '..huh?'
Does anyone know which online test company Jefferies uses?
Original post by jade_on_tsr
Does anyone know which online test company Jefferies uses?

Same as DB I think?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending