The Student Room Group

GCSE French questionn?

I've seen on the OCR website there is a list of vocabulary for foundation and Higher. How much of the exam material will comprise of these words? How much will be unfamiliar vocab? anyone know?
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Is this for the speaking and listening papers? Usually the vocabulary lists are words that come up frequently in exams, so it might be useful to look through them and make sure you're at least familiar with most of the words- perhaps use the booklet as part of your revision, and learn a certain number of words a day. I found for me that there wasn't too much unknown vocab, but of course it differs from person to person!

Of course, the more vocab you know, the less chance there is of you getting unknown vocab, so it's wise to try and expand your vocabulary as much as you can :smile: Hope that helped!
Original post by EmyJ14
Is this for the speaking and listening papers? Usually the vocabulary lists are words that come up frequently in exams, so it might be useful to look through them and make sure you're at least familiar with most of the words- perhaps use the booklet as part of your revision, and learn a certain number of words a day. I found for me that there wasn't too much unknown vocab, but of course it differs from person to person!

Of course, the more vocab you know, the less chance there is of you getting unknown vocab, so it's wise to try and expand your vocabulary as much as you can :smile: Hope that helped!

Thanks! I might as well start learning the vocab then, I'm doing A level French as well so I guess it will useful to get as much vocab learnt as possible :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Frannoooooooo
Thanks! I might as well start learning the vocab then, I'm doing A level French as well so I guess it will useful to get as much vocab learnt as possible :biggrin:

Yeah, that's a good idea :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending