The Student Room Group

How many hours are you revising each day?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jatz07
Edexcel :smile:,

Damn, I was hoping to find someone that did AQA as no-one on here seems to :tongue:

And now for some physics definitions...

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do you guys revise for psychology? I've only done 2 similar pages today :frown:

I can't revise for psychology because the text book doesn't contain images for visual memory - my memory is shocking without linking something to visual memory. Unlike biology/history, for me, it's harder to remember. So I decided to draw whatever image comes to mind whilst I'm reading the book...

So far so good, just a very slow process.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd say anything less than 9 is pretty pathetic
Original post by DeemzBeamz
How do you guys revise for psychology? I've only done 2 similar pages today :frown:

I can't revise for psychology because the text book doesn't contain images for visual memory - my memory is shocking without linking something to visual memory. Unlike biology/history, for me, it's harder to remember. So I decided to draw whatever image comes to mind whilst I'm reading the book...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I do this! Write it out and draw little pictures underneath to help me remember.
I've also just been writing down everything about one study on an A4 piece of paper, using colours to highlight important words/numbers, because sometimes you just have to remember numbers and there's not many ways I can think of trying to do that other than writing them out using colourful pens and keep going over them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jatz07
Ok, it looks like I'm going to be awake until 3am trying to re-cap the content in History!! Anyone care to join me, :biggrin:, I mean, any subject revising, come on, it's holidays it's better to just stay awake and study it (that is if you're not an early morning person)

Are you AS or A2? :smile: and what exam board may I ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bought these two books for my A2 psychology, they are amazing!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Student-Support-Materials-Psychology-Aggression/dp/0007421621/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388783568&sr=8-1&keywords=aggression+psychology

Is someone I use for one of my psychology topics. If you are in AS there are some of them there too. Has amazing detail BUT it's very clear!
Reply 566
Original post by yodawg321
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Student-Support-Materials-Psychology-Aggression/dp/0007421621/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388783568&sr=8-1&keywords=aggression+psychology

Is someone I use for one of my psychology topics. If you are in AS there are some of them there too. Has amazing detail BUT it's very clear!

I have the A2 Exam Companion which isn't really that great, really don't want to spend more money... :frown:
Original post by yodawg321

Thank you :biggrin: I'm in A2 if you're wondering. Again thanks so much, I read the companion book for A2 but I didn't find it as good as the AS version. This will probably be of more use. Thanks again :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you :biggrin: I'm in A2 if you're wondering. Again thanks so much, I read the companion book for A2 but I didn't find it as good as the AS version. This will probably be of more use. Thanks again :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's alright :biggrin:

Original post by ih094
I have the A2 Exam Companion which isn't really that great, really don't want to spend more money... :frown:

These books are really worth the money in my opinion. For example extra clear evaluative points which you can't find in the main book + A grade exam answers for each question
I only do about 2-3 hours of revision a day :eek: Got 4 exams in January
Ethics (resit)
History HY1 (resit)
Biology BY2 (resit)
Biology BY4 (A2)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, the books that we use for learning Psych are really good in terms of visual-I often find myself reading ahead because they're so interesting.

This is the A2 book: http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/products/mike+cardwell/cara+flanagan/complete+companions3a+a2+student+book+for+aqa+a+psychology/8946046/

They are quite expensive...but worth the price if you really need visual aids for learning.
School starts in 2 days and I'm starting my work today so it's 6 hours today for me and 4 hours tmo, do not leave things to the last minute! I swear I never learn *sigh* (I'm lazy)

Posted from TSR Mobile
7hrs revision today got the whole unit for psychology done. Still have some bits to do....but it's kinda too late one more day left for school :frown: it's unfortunate I got the procrastination flu for two weeks straight.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've got nine days till my first mock and the hours I'm gonna have to pull to do somewhat decent aren't even funny. Dreading getting up at 8 now I'm ill :frown:
Reply 574
Zero. I've had a mental breakdown for several days and I need to get it together, before allthe mocks. Never been worried about mocks in my life. Guess there's a first time for everything, eh?
Original post by cuppa
Zero. I've had a mental breakdown for several days and I need to get it together, before allthe mocks. Never been worried about mocks in my life. Guess there's a first time for everything, eh?

I feel ya!hope you're okay!
Reply 576
Original post by lauraaaaa
I feel ya!hope you're okay!

Aw, thank you! ^^ Good luck with your revision :h:
Original post by cuppa
Aw, thank you! ^^ Good luck with your revision :h:

Cheers, get on with yours :wink: hah
It depends... I'd revise for 3-4 hours but then some times I'd be stuck in one subject trying to understand it but failing to understand it and forget to have a break...
Would you recommend making new notes closer to the June exams? Or making some now then re-learning in June?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending