The Student Room Group

I'm Wonderful and I'm Single Society XX

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9320
Original post by Lialore
I'm doing my A2's in English, Philosophy and History. Need to get all A's at least so I've just been feeling stressed since September really :smile:)
You?

About to start 2nd term at uni (my final year)
Original post by Lialore

Just A2 coursework and mocks at the moment, when's your exam? :P

On the 13th and I'm in my second year of uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

You too!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 9323
There are times where i think i would have done better choosing an ancient history course at uni:

[video="youtube;sQzDcZE2hoE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQzDcZE2hoE[/video]
Original post by lauraaaaa
Hah I was only five/six the first time I went so my parents wouldn't really let me go on them, even though I was big enough! I went on thunder mountain on my own when I went with her cos no one wanted to go with me haha. I don't get scared by anything like rides or films so I'll be fine! I reeeeally wanna go now, just need to find someone to go with, oh and some money haha!

Haha, I'll be your ride buddy, the money you'll have to sort out on your own :biggrin:
Reply 9325
How to stop feeling envious anyone?
Original post by spiral87
Haha, I'll be your ride buddy, the money you'll have to sort out on your own :biggrin:

Wooooo road trip! I'll do an i owe you, they won't mind :wink:
Reply 9327
Original post by james1211
How to stop feeling envious anyone?

that depends on what is making you feel envy
Reply 9328
Original post by Tomsta
that depends on what is making you feel envy

Different things, irrational things. Someone goes out somewhere and i'm not there and i feel envious, even though there's no reason for me to since it was nothing to do with me. Someone earns marginally more than me or someone on my course has a different placement that i'm assuming is better than mine (based on absolutely nothing at all).

I seem to get envious over things that i have no reason to and can't explain :tongue:
Reply 9329
Different things, irrational things. Someone goes out somewhere and i'm not there and i feel envious, even though there's no reason for me to since it was nothing to do with me. Someone earns marginally more than me or someone on my course has a different placement that i'm assuming is better than mine (based on absolutely nothing at all).

I seem to get envious over things that i have no reason to and can't explain :tongue:

Welcome to my world, you're comparing yourself to other people, learn to accpet that you are your own person, your choices are yours alone and no external force can really changed that, as for the going out, why not ask if you can come along?
Reply 9330
Original post by Tomsta
Welcome to my world, you're comparing yourself to other people, learn to accpet that you are your own person, your choices are yours alone and no external force can really changed that, as for the going out, why not ask if you can come along?

Maybe, i feel like if i wasn't invited then i either wasn't invited for a valid reason or they just didn't want me there? I'd kinda feel like a pest asking to be invited to something i wasn't.
Reply 9331
Maybe, i feel like if i wasn't invited then i either wasn't invited for a valid reason or they just didn't want me there? I'd kinda feel like a pest asking to be invited to something i wasn't.

ask where and what they are doing, if it's something you like ask if they mind if you tagged along
Reply 9332
Original post by Tomsta
ask where and what they are doing, if it's something you like ask if they mind if you tagged along

It's finished now, only just heard about it as they were leaving. Annoying thing is that pub is a 4 minute walk from mine, closer to me than it is to them.
Well hello there everyone! I've seen this thread around for a while and debated whether or not to join in, but seeing as I've decided to be single for the next four years and feel wonderful about it, it seemed about the right time to finally post. :wink:
Reply 9334
It's finished now, only just heard about it as they were leaving. Annoying thing is that pub is a 4 minute walk from mine, closer to me than it is to them.

i mean for future referance
Reply 9335
Original post by eelnais
Well hello there everyone! I've seen this thread around for a while and debated whether or not to join in, but seeing as I've decided to be single for the next four years and feel wonderful about it, it seemed about the right time to finally post. :wink:

Welcome to the thread, why the long single decision might i ask?
Reply 9336
Original post by Tomsta
i mean for future referance

Yeah, true. I can't help feeling that if they didn't invite me they didn't want me there, though i know that's not true and it's most likely that they just didn't think i'd want to go or thought it'd be awkward because i don't know everyone.
Original post by Tomsta
Welcome to the thread, why the long single decision might i ask?

Thank you!

Well, I got out of an almost two year relationship last March which put me off wanting another relationship for a while. Then I started university last September and the amount of freedom has really boosted my confidence and made me feel a lot happier and secure in myself. I don't want a relationship to tie me down when I could be out having fun - I'm pretty cynical about them and I just don't really want any emotional stuff right now. University is busy enough already, so that's why the long decision. :tongue:

Of course, four years is a long time and a lot can change. But right now I know I simply do not want one for my time at university.
Yeah, true. I can't help feeling that if they didn't invite me they didn't want me there, though i know that's not true and it's most likely that they just didn't think i'd want to go or thought it'd be awkward because i don't know everyone.

I'm not sure I know the full context, but why not ask one of them how the night went tomorrow and then mention you'd like to come along next time?
Reply 9339
Original post by eelnais
Thank you!

Well, I got out of an almost two year relationship last March which put me off wanting another relationship for a while. Then I started university last September and the amount of freedom has really boosted my confidence and made me feel a lot happier and secure in myself. I don't want a relationship to tie me down when I could be out having fun - I'm pretty cynical about them and I just don't really want any emotional stuff right now. University is busy enough already, so that's why the long decision. :tongue:

Of course, four years is a long time and a lot can change. But right now I know I simply do not want one for my time at university.

Seems logical what you studying at uni? and wht uni u at?

Quick Reply

Latest