The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9720
Wenger should never retire. He needs a 10 year contract.
Reply 9721
Original post by KingMessi
The tickets aren't on general sale yet but if you're not a member you're going to need to be very quick to stand a chance. Keep a close eye on the Chelsea FC website for when tickets become available.

Thanks but the memberships for the season of 13/14 is off sale now so I guess I have no chance to get a ticket for that match...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9722
Original post by Isometrix
I'm pretty disappointed at KdB leaving, although I get that he has world cup ambitions etc. He just had so much promise when I saw him in pre-season :sad:

Watching the live press conference, KdB came up again and Mou keeps emphasizing he wants Mata and KdB to stay and hinted at Kevin not used to/liking the amount of competition he has in front of him. Said he hasn't adapted as well as Oscar, Mata, Willian and Schurlle who have all put in their shifts in training and adapting their play, and he's felt more important at Genk and Werder Bremen because he was the main man and now he has 5 world class players with him, which is why they are playing and KdB isn't. Seems like either he's stubborn or him and Mou don't see eye to eye.
Reply 9723
Mourinho: "Mata trained in a fantastic way. Focused more on what I told him after the game. Told him not to leave the club."

Mourinho: 'If people think they can get our good players on sale, the sales finished in London yesterday.' #CFC” LOL
obviously take most of this stuff with a pinch of salt, wouldn't be surprised if we ended up getting a striker even though Jose says there's 100% no chance of that happening

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Bamford loaned out to Derby. He did quite well for MK dons so let's see here. Mourinho seems to like him as well so it'd be cool to see him as a striker at CFC (unlikely)
Original post by Isometrix
I'm pretty disappointed at KdB leaving, although I get that he has world cup ambitions etc. He just had so much promise when I saw him in pre-season :sad:

Leaving to where? (I haven't seen any articles linking him to a club although I presume its in the Bundesliga?)

If you're bringing someone in this window, someone has to go to balance the books. I'm pretty sure you guys registered a loss of 40M or so last year.
Reply 9726
Original post by little_tom
Leaving to where? (I haven't seen any articles linking him to a club although I presume its in the Bundesliga?)

If you're bringing someone in this window, someone has to go to balance the books. I'm pretty sure you guys registered a loss of 40M or so last year.

This, if Real Madrid sold you guys ozil, then we have to be prepared to do the same.

If it's KDB or even Mata, I'd take that rather than miss out on CL the next season. I don't mind if KDB leaves in jan, he'll be a quality player for sure, but probably not for us. If we sell him to dortmund or something and we then go for a player like Gundogan in the summer or we get bender from leverkusen I'd be happy.

I won't be happy if mata leaves this window though.
Original post by The Assassin
Bamford loaned out to Derby. He did quite well for MK dons so let's see here. Mourinho seems to like him as well so it'd be cool to see him as a striker at CFC (unlikely)

How many guys do you actually have out on loan:s-smilie:
Regarding the CM issue, what are we looking to improve upon? If say, we got Xabi Alonso who would take the place of Mikel, what do we do with Ramires? Upgrade him too? I'd understand if we got someone like De Rossi/Bender who themselves aren't DLPs in comparison but instead very good defensive midfielders who can help control the game from deep and allow us to close games out much easier, and so would need to get a more supportive DLP like Moutinho/Pardo alongside them, but with say Alonso who's more defensive of a DLP, what do we then do with Ramires?
Reply 9729
Original post by The Assassin
Regarding the CM issue, what are we looking to improve upon? If say, we got Xabi Alonso who would take the place of Mikel, what do we do with Ramires? Upgrade him too? I'd understand if we got someone like De Rossi/Bender who themselves aren't DLPs in comparison but instead very good defensive midfielders who can help control the game from deep and allow us to close games out much easier, and so would need to get a more supportive DLP like Moutinho/Pardo alongside them, but with say Alonso who's more defensive of a DLP, what do we then do with Ramires?

Ramires would then take the role of Khedira as a BBM allowing Alonso to do his thing from deep. But again I'd like to see us get two midfield players, or use a youngster and buy one midfield man.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Ramires would then take the role of Khedira as a BBM allowing Alonso to do his thing from deep. But again I'd like to see us get two midfield players, or use a youngster and buy one midfield man.

Okay, that's what I thought. Cheers. Chalobah a DLP of sorts -- right now he's more supportive really but I think he'll develop defensively quite well in the future.

If we didn't use him in the end, then who would your choices be? Bender and Pardo? :tongue:
Original post by 419
So when are you freeing Kenneth? Anyone know which club you're loaning him to.

Shame though because his excellency is what would win you a trophy. Now you'll be lucky to finish 4th.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Turns out it's not Chelsea B; he's off to Middlesbrough (so has been reported)
Torres should tell Mata where he got all that pace from, he needs it.
I love Mourinho. But do you notice differences about him this time than during his first spell?

He seems a bit softer, a bit less controversial, a bit more mellow. I kind of miss it. I loved his row with Arsene and his quotes about omelettes. Great man.
Original post by Eboracum
I love Mourinho. But do you notice differences about him this time than during his first spell?

He seems a bit softer, a bit less controversial, a bit more mellow. I kind of miss it. I loved his row with Arsene and his quotes about omelettes. Great man.

And Melons :biggrin:
What you call soft he calls 'mature'.

I miss the old Jose aswell.
Reply 9735
New Jose is better tbh.

Old one is the guy who makes all neutrals hate our club. Similar to that of Fergie back in the day.

New Jose is cooler, he's learnt to not piss off the whole nation from his days in Madrid. The Madrid days affected him a lot, but he's a lot more humble, yet he'll still egg people on.

I think he's trying to get us to win the league, all this bull**** about 6 contenders, City being the best blah blah blah I'm sure he's not telling the guys that in the dressing room.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9736
Thought of a new tactic to accommodate Mata.

Mata as a false 9. He drops deep into the AM position, which allows the wingers to push forward and go into the space between full back and Centre back, Hazard and Schurrle being the Wingers, while Oscar plays in the hole.

So the team would be like this.

Normal back 5

Lampard, Luiz
Schurrle, Mata, Oscar, Hazard

With the tactic, we have 2 fast runners in Schurrle and Hazard, another in Willian. Will add on to this in a bit but what do you guys think about the tactic?
I think he's trying to get us to win the league, all this bull**** about 6 contenders, City being the best blah blah blah I'm sure he's not telling the guys that in the dressing room.

I love these mind games :colone:

Mata as a false 9. He drops deep into the AM position, which allows the wingers to push forward and go into the space between full back and Centre back, Hazard and Schurrle being the Wingers, while Oscar plays in the hole.

Normal back 5

Lampard, Luiz

With the tactic, we have 2 fast runners in Schurrle and Hazard, another in Willian. Will add on to this in a bit but what do you guys think about the tactic?

Willian is very important and should be a regular starter tbf.

Hazard doesn't cross, he cuts in and goes for goal and he neither passes at the right time.

I'm happy with Jose's 1 goal margin win strategy.
Reply 9738
Original post by Enoxial

Hazard doesn't cross, he cuts in and goes for goal and he neither passes at the right time.

I'm happy with Jose's 1 goal margin win strategy.

But that's the whole point of this tactic. We have wingers that cut in the middle and go for goal, Schurrle and Hazard, Barcelona and spain do this tactic and bayern as well to an extent.

Willian is important, but for this system, he can play in place of Oscar or Mata in the AM/ false 9 role. One will be a general Attacking mid, responsible for playmaking but will have defensive duties in pressing the DLP(Oscar), while the other would be responsible for the attacking play (Mata) and both will alternate their role to prevent themselves from being marked out.
Reply 9739
But that's the whole point of this tactic. We have wingers that cut in the middle and go for goal, Schurrle and Hazard, Barcelona and spain do this tactic and bayern as well to an extent.

Willian is important, but for this system, he can play in place of Oscar or Mata in the AM/ false 9 role. One will be a general Attacking mid, responsible for playmaking but will have defensive duties in pressing the DLP(Oscar), while the other would be responsible for the attacking play (Mata) and both will alternate their role to prevent themselves from being marked out.

Didn't Willian do a similar job back at Shakthar where he played as the driving force for the team coming in off the wing when Mytharian (sp?) played in the No.10 role (interchanging play?) and Fernandinho coming in from deep to score? This is iirc. Maybe that's why he's adapted much quicker and slowly becoming one of the more important players.

Normal back 5

Lampard, Luiz

I like it. The creativity and pace upfront is unbelievable.