What happens if a business runs out of stock and is unable to supply their customers Watch

Demi90
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
What happens if a business is unable to supply customers? If a customer gets into an agreement with a supplier and then later finds out that they are out of stock? Will the court consider the 'limited stocks' argument like in Partridgev Crittenden?

thanks
hkiani94
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If a business runs out of stock then you wont be able to make profits. If customers have prepaid for the items amd are awaiting for their product the you need to refund the money.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Forum User
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Demi90)
What happens if a business is unable to supply customers? If a customer gets into an agreement with a supplier and then later finds out that they are out of stock? Will the court consider the 'limited stocks' argument like in Partridgev Crittenden?

thanks
If there is a contract to sell something then not selling it is a prima facie breach of contract. That should be pretty obvious. The point in Partridge v Crittenden was that there was no contract, because the advert was not an offer.

Of course on certain facts the contract may be frustrated. If I contract to sell you a first edition of my Contract Law notes when you give me the money next week, and they are destroyed in a fire tomorrow without fault on either of our parts, the contract is frustrated and so I will not commit a breach by not delivering them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (364)
67.03%
No (179)
32.97%

Watched Threads