The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fabay
I've got an interview at uni of Leeds on Thursday

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by georgiaclaire_
BCU or UoB?

I have an interview for both, BCU on wednesday, and UoB on the 21st of Jan!

When did you guys send your applications off? :smile:

and it's University of Birmingham x
Hi,
So I've been offered a place on a PGCE course at Leicester uni with the condition that I show them my A-Level certificates within the next 3 weeks. My certificates are on order but are expected to take 4-6 weeks...does any one know whether uni's will extend the date? I'm really stressing! :s-smilie: x
Original post by espeight11
Hi,
So I've been offered a place on a PGCE course at Leicester uni with the condition that I show them my A-Level certificates within the next 3 weeks. My certificates are on order but are expected to take 4-6 weeks...does any one know whether uni's will extend the date? I'm really stressing! :s-smilie: x

I'm sure if you email then explaining they may give you an extension, as not everyone will have copies of their certificates to hand. :smile:

Have you been for an interview at Leicester? xx
Original post by proud nd luvin it
I'm sure if you email then explaining they may give you an extension, as not everyone will have copies of their certificates to hand. :smile:

Have you been for an interview at Leicester? xx

Fingers crossed! Yeh I had my interview there just before Christmas and then have my other two interviews next week. How about you?? x
Reply 4304
Original post by siffatsaad
Hi friends.. M really worried. I have submitted my application but have heard only from Bcu thathe they are looking at my application. Nothing from the other two choices. Does that mean either they are closed or not gonna consider my application?? My skill tests are due next week. Worrying a lot,can't concentrate

Remember that university admissions departments have been off for the last couple of weeks and only return tomorrow, when they will have a ridiculous backlog to get through. So expect to wait a while longer to hear anything back. Also, only one of my universities sent me an acknowledgement, the other two were silent until I got an interview offer.
Original post by EmilyCooke
Yay! I've been trying to revise loads but there is just so much stuff :/
I'm mainly looking at the Teachers' Standards, stuff in the news like free school meals etc, then preparing answers for questions that are likely to come up in the one-to-one interview. What about you?

Basically the same thing, i'm also going on the bbc bitesize website to refresh my memory on some questions that may come up on core subjects, all the other subjects its hard to revise for. But i'm hoping they don't expect us to know everything about all subjects, just the core ones! Plus, i'm practising the writing part of the interview as well.
Original post by proud nd luvin it
When did you guys send your applications off? :smile:

and it's University of Birmingham x

Mid November :smile: I heard back from them mid December.
hi, I've passed both my skills tests, but wanted to know if we could actually find out the final score we had. All i can see is PASS
Reply 4308
Has anyone had an interview at Anglia Ruskin yet? Got mine tomorrow morning and i'm really nervous :s-smilie:
Reply 4309
Can anyone help me find a clear summary of the national curriculum 2014 for primary School, I'm weary eyed from research.
interviews tomorrow !
Original post by Lkll
Can anyone help me find a clear summary of the national curriculum 2014 for primary School, I'm weary eyed from research.
interviews tomorrow !

Pretty sure I just googled changes in primary national curriculum or something to that effect and found a website aimed at parents with a quick overview of all the core subjects' changes. Can't remember the exact name of it now but it's definitely out there somewhere! Took me forever but if you keep searching you'll find one. Good luck for your interview :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lkll
interviews tomorrow !

This is the new curriculum I think:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/210969/NC_framework_document_-_FINAL.pdf

Don't worry too much about it. The interviewers aren't going to expect you to know this in detail. I spent ages reading all the numeracy and literacy sections and didn't get asked a single question about it in my interview.
Original post by pthomas112
hi, I've passed both my skills tests, but wanted to know if we could actually find out the final score we had. All i can see is PASS

No I don't think we ever find out....although someone on here did mention that your trainer might be able to find out.
Reply 4313
Original post by bellylaugh
This is the new curriculum I think:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/210969/NC_framework_document_-_FINAL.pdf

Don't worry too much about it. The interviewers aren't going to expect you to know this in detail. I spent ages reading all the numeracy and literacy sections and didn't get asked a single question about it in my interview.

Did you have to do a maths and English test at your interview? If so what sort of level would you say they are?
Original post by Lkll
Did you have to do a maths and English test at your interview? If so what sort of level would you say they are?

Yes I did. I'd say they were about Year 6 SATs level. If you've revised for your skills tests then you'll be fine. Maybe do a couple of past SATs as revision? For the literacy test is was questions about things like:
- active/passive verbs
- Proper/common/abstract/collective nouns
- subordinate clauses
- personal/impersonal sentences
- adverbs, connectives, prepositions etc

Essentially all the stuff you'd expect a Year 6 student to know.
Good luck!
I am more concerned about the discussion within the selection process, I am not the person to speak for the sake of it but it appears I will have to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KerryE5
Has anyone had an interview at Anglia Ruskin yet? Got mine tomorrow morning and i'm really nervous :s-smilie:

I'll be there! Very nervous too! :s-smilie:
Reply 4317
Original post by bellylaugh
Yes I did. I'd say they were about Year 6 SATs level. If you've revised for your skills tests then you'll be fine. Maybe do a couple of past SATs as revision? For the literacy test is was questions about things like:
- active/passive verbs
- Proper/common/abstract/collective nouns
- subordinate clauses
- personal/impersonal sentences
- adverbs, connectives, prepositions etc

Essentially all the stuff you'd expect a Year 6 student to know.
Good luck!

Oh thank you for replying, maths I have been revising for but I've sidetracked English for a while now.
do they as you things like what is an abstract noun? Or do you identify where it is used in a text ?
panicking !

thanks a lot though !
Anyone for Edge Hill interview on Wednesday?
Hi everyone,

does anyone know if the uni's can see your track? Can they see if you have been succesful or unsuccesful or not given an interview in another uni?

I am worried if they can, it might have an affect on my interview tomorrow!

Latest

Trending

Trending