I would do my homework if...

我如果做的花。。。

如果A的话我会做我的作业 If it was for A/If A happened, I would do my homework
Reply 9502
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I would do my homework if...

我如果做的花。。。

Posted from TSR Mobile
如果。。。的话, 我会做作业。 If...., I will do my homework. In Chinese, the if clause usually goes first.

P.S. is flower. The one you want is 话/話 (Simp./Trad.)
Original post by super_kawaii
如果A的话我会做我的作业 If it was for A/If A happened, I would do my homework

Why do we need 会做 as opposed to just 做。
Why do we need 会做 as opposed to just 做。

It's like in English-if A happens, I'll do B. It doesn't make sense otherwise
It's like in English-if A happens, I'll do B. It doesn't make sense otherwise

Okay, so could you use 要?
Okay, so could you use 要?

No, you can't use with this structure but you can use 就。

http://cn.hujiang.com/new/p533751/
No, you can't use with this structure but you can use 就。

http://cn.hujiang.com/new/p533751/

Okay :smile:
Reply 9508
Hi there.
I'm a first time poster, I'm Italian and I speak Italian English and Spanish. I wouldn't define myself as 'polyglot' but anyway here I am. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lulib
Hi there.
I'm a first time poster, I'm Italian and I speak Italian English and Spanish. I wouldn't define myself as 'polyglot' but anyway here I am. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hola, no tienes que 'post' si no lo quieras pero, pensé que es sería... Fun!
Cannot wait for classes to start again next month! Really looking forward to learning new stuff and meeting new people!
Reply 9511
So, my exploits in improving my French during Year 11 seem to be going moderately well, but notably all the book work I have done seems to be a bit useless. So, I'm trying a new learning style, which basically involves reading and listening to French online news and supplementing it with DuoLingo immersion. I'll continue with Italian in class, of course, and trilingualism is OK for me at the moment. Besides, if I do more than two concurrent languages I'll inevitably mess it up. I'll keep you all posted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have Canadian (French speaking) guests :woo:
How hard is it to achieve A* in languages at A-level?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BuddingAchiever
How hard is it to achieve A* in languages at A-level?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Extremely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi there :smile:

With uni and everything I haven't posted here in forever.
I'm back in France right now, heading back to Manchester on Monday for some exam fun, booh :frown: but it should be alright.
I've started learning Japanese as part of my degree and I'm loving it. The course in Manchester is great. Very intense but everyone is really passionate about it -some people have dropped out already though, there is really a lot of work to keep up with. We're done with the first Genki book and its workbook, getting started on the second one next month. And our grammar book was written by one of our teachers :biggrin: we do a lot of fun Japanese stuff too like Ghibli movie nights, bento lunches, football matches against the Korean and Chinese societies, etc..
It's hard to keep on studying Chinese as Japanese takes up so much time but I'm doing alright. I'm doing an advanced Chinese class as extra credits and it's good, we have to read newspapers in Chinese every week and stuff like that. I also try to watch movies in Chinese and I've joined the Chinese studies society. I also had to make a management presentation where my group was made of 4 Chinese exchange students and myself so I got to practise my mandarin a lot haha. Anyway, I'm still determined to get the HSK6 before I graduate :smile:

My English has obviously improved a lot -sooo much slang! And my accent got super weird as I imitate my friends without noticing so I say some words with a Geordie accent for example :tongue:
I'm glad I get to speak French and Italian everyday as one of my neighbour is from my hometown in France and we're doing the same management and finance modules, and my favourite course mate is Italian :biggrin:

So yeah, I'm really happy I get to improve my languages everyday, going to Manchester was definitely a great choice!

I wish you guys a great year, especially languages-wise :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bambirina
Hi there :smile:

With uni and everything I haven't posted here in forever.
I'm back in France right now, heading back to Manchester on Monday for some exam fun, booh :frown: but it should be alright.
I've started learning Japanese as part of my degree and I'm loving it. The course in Manchester is great. Very intense but everyone is really passionate about it -some people have dropped out already though, there is really a lot of work to keep up with. We're done with the first Genki book and its workbook, getting started on the second one next month. And our grammar book was written by one of our teachers :biggrin: we do a lot of fun Japanese stuff too like Ghibli movie nights, bento lunches, football matches against the Korean and Chinese societies, etc..
It's hard to keep on studying Chinese as Japanese takes up so much time but I'm doing alright. I'm doing an advanced Chinese class as extra credits and it's good, we have to read newspapers in Chinese every week and stuff like that. I also try to watch movies in Chinese and I've joined the Chinese studies society. I also had to make a management presentation where my group was made of 4 Chinese exchange students and myself so I got to practise my mandarin a lot haha. Anyway, I'm still determined to get the HSK6 before I graduate :smile:

My English has obviously improved a lot -sooo much slang! And my accent got super weird as I imitate my friends without noticing so I say some words with a Geordie accent for example :tongue:
I'm glad I get to speak French and Italian everyday as one of my neighbour is from my hometown in France and we're doing the same management and finance modules, and my favourite course mate is Italian :biggrin:

So yeah, I'm really happy I get to improve my languages everyday, going to Manchester was definitely a great choice!

I wish you guys a great year, especially languages-wise :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's amazing, I'm so jealous!

我要学汉语!
Reply 9517
I wish I could speak Chinese or Japanese! Those languages sound/look so cool and their really useful, too! I take it they're really difficult to learn but being able to actually have conversations in Chinese or Japanese must be so great!

I speak English, French, German, Spanish and some Italian and Bulgarian! I'm fairly fluent in French and German, at an intermediate level in Spanish and Italian and at beginner level in Bulgarian! :smile:
Original post by LolaXX
I wish I could speak Chinese or Japanese! Those languages sound/look so cool and their really useful, too! I take it they're really difficult to learn but being able to actually have conversations in Chinese or Japanese must be so great!

I speak English, French, German, Spanish and some Italian and Bulgarian! I'm fairly fluent in French and German, at an intermediate level in Spanish and Italian and at beginner level in Bulgarian! :smile:

:eek:

Moi aussi, je veux que je sache parler ces langues :frown:

Vous parlez les langues que j'apprends (ou j'ai l'intention d'apprendre) mais 'Bulgarian' :eek:
Reply 9519
Original post by LolaXX

Why did you choose Bulgarian? :redface: My aunt is Bulgarian :h:

Latest