The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9500
Original post by kbountra
I don't get what you are talking about here. The year end number one is the player who accumulates the most ranking points over the course of the year. Whichever player out of Nadal or Djokovic who performs best over 2014 will be the year end number one. If Djokovic wins the AO, FO and Wimbledon I'm pretty much certain he will end the year as no. 1.

I was on about Emirates ranking from 2013 not Race to london. Yh Nole would be infront in Race to London. this year Rafa will play all slams
Original post by ubi1
It's going to be funny if Rafa wins he ties Sampras while Sampras presents him with the trophy:wink:

I hope they go 10 hours I can watch them play for days. I'd even skip college for it.:wink:

Did you know When Rafa returned last year at Vina Del Mar I used to skip school to watch his matches live on TV.:wink:

hehe sampras is funny :colondollar:

5 sets are the bomb, unbelievably fun at the french open semi, wow what adrenaline rush!

yup ubi i did know you skipped school for that, i think the same way as you do, its best to see it live instead of replays i agree :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ubi1
Will come to the ancient bit later on:wink: But for now am giving you a scenario of how Rafa is in good position this year!

Ranking as Follows Latest:
Rafael Nadal - 13280
Novak Djokovic - 12260

Now Nadal loses to djokovic in the Australian open final Djokovic Maintains his 12260 POINTS and Rafa gains 1200 points as he didn't play last year which increases Nadal's lead to 14480 Points. Now Moving onto French Open Nadal loses to Djokovic in the Final so Rafa loses 800 points which = 13680 points now djokovic gains 1280 points which makes Djokovics total of 13450 points. Now Djokovic wins Wimbledon he gain 800 points which puts him 14340 points and Nadal Makes it to atleast Semi final which gives Rafa 14400 points as you see Djokovic just won 3 slams in a row but Rafa still ahead .

That was a bad year for Rafa but still he's ahead of Nole dispite Not playing Miami. And now lets do scenario for Rafa

Rafa Nadal win autralian open which means he gains 2000 points which makes his tally of points 15320 points where as Djokovics tally will be 11460 points. Now Rafa Defends Clay points he maintain this lead going into Wimbledon. Let's give Nole his position of Wimbledon 2014 runner up and Rafa a semi finalist which would only increase Rafa's tally with an extra 720 points equallyling to 16040 points:eek: Record! I can't do a full season one because that would take too long but Rafa has tournaments like Hamburg where if he chose to play he would gain an extra 500 points moreover if he wins Shanghai thats another 600 points same with paris bercy and 500 more could be gain at WTF . If Rafa is healthy this could be HUGE year!:wink:

This proves nothing and is all meaningless because it's based on ASSUMPTION. You cannot assume or predict how well Nadal is going to perform over the course of a whole year. It's simply delusional.
Reply 9503
Original post by ania_dancer
hehe sampras is funny :colondollar:

5 sets are the bomb, unbelievably fun at the french open semi, wow what a adrenaline rush!

yep i did know you skipped school for that, i think the same way as you do, its best to see it live instead of replays i agree :tongue:

Mad days!:tongue:
Reply 9504
This proves nothing and is all meaningless because it's based on ASSUMPTION. You cannot assume or predict how well Nadal is going to perform over the course of a whole year. It's simply delusional.

Well I did Predict him as the year end no.1 when he was 6600 points behind Novak. Believe it or not Nadal is in the best position to end year end no.1 again. The places he drop's points will be made up by Australia,Wimbledon and Miami that's alot of insurance!:wink:
Reply 9505
If Rafa beat's Nole at Australia it may destroy Nole Mentally for the year am I right?....:wink:
Original post by ubi1
If Rafa beat's Nole at Australia it may destroy Nole Mentally for the year am I right?....:wink:

i can't think of anything worse for boris djokovic. its the ultimate nightmare for boris djokovic by far. and he is a very mental player so something that huge would probably have long term feelings. i think losing that french open semi hurt him badly too for the future :eek:
Reply 9507
i can't think of anything worse for boris djokovic. its the ultimate nightmare for boris djokovic by far. and he is a very mental player so something that huge would probably have long term feelings. i think losing that french open semi hurt him badly too for the future :eek:

Imagine he goes really downhill after the loss. Demise of Djokovic.:tongue:
It's going to be interesting to see how Rafa plays out in Indian Wells and Miami
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ubi1
Well I did Predict him as the year end no.1 when he was 6600 points behind Novak. Believe it or not Nadal is in the best position to end year end no.1 again. The places he drop's points will be made up by Australia,Wimbledon and Miami that's alot of insurance!:wink:

You making a successful prediction last year is a completely independent event, more based on being a Nadal fanboy than anything :wink: Your assumptive view of the ranking system is completely flawed imo. Nadal may well pick up points at tournaments he performed poorly at last year but he's just as likely to lose points at events he's defending. He's not in the best position to end the year as number one. No one is at this stage.
Reply 9509
You making a successful prediction last year is a completely independent event, more based on being a Nadal fanboy than anything :wink: Your assumptive view of the ranking system is completely flawed imo. Nadal may well pick up points at tournaments he performed poorly at last year but he's just as likely to lose points at events he's defending. He's not in the best position to end the year as number one. No one is at this stage.

We shall soon find out:wink:
Original post by ubi1
Imagine he goes really downhill after the loss. Demise of Djokovic.:tongue:
It's going to be interesting to see how Rafa plays out in Indian Wells and Miami

if Nadal wins the australian open its like party time between now and roland garros! the whole media will be like "omg he's going for the calendar year grand slam" hehe its so fun to have that happen and twice as fun because of the race to 17/18 slams :colondollar:
Reply 9511
if Nadal wins the australian open its like party time between now and roland garros! the whole media will be like "omg he's going for the calendar year grand slam" hehe its so fun to have that happen and twice as fun because of the race to 17/18 slams :colondollar:

If he does 3 in row this year I can't see him ending his career under 20. Also 3 in a row means 4 in row including last years US Open so another GOATHOOD achievement. Lets just pray he does it. Once Rafa said the Calender slam or 4 in row is Impossible but he's always done the iimpossible!
(edited 10 years ago)
It appears Ubi has a little crush developing that isn't Rafa... :wink:
Reply 9513
Original post by hskjlclcn

Am doing what I did last year!:redface:
Original post by hskjlclcn

She has a signed Rafa nightie apparently! :wink:
Reply 9515

LOL! Am not a girl you meant dancer!
Original post by ubi1
LOL! Am not a girl you meant dancer!

Lol I know yeah, that's why you're made for each other

I'm sure he will be getting a look at that nightie at some point in the near future... :tongue:
rafa did see my nightie in the past, he signed it and i told him its my nightie too.
he can sign all my things this year if i get to be with him :tongue:
We're motoring along this thread - closing in on 10,000 posts in less than a year! Neither of the previous 2 TSR Tennis threads filled quite that quickly.