The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9600
Original post by euphrosyne
Oh look at you, you're back! :rolleyes:

Stalin was the definition of hipster.
hipster stalin.jpg

I love the guys hair style got to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LadyUchiha
So this is the famous Stalin! Ashamed to admit, he was pretty good looking

I agree with you. He was a hot teenager :colondollar:

Original post by Qari
I love the guys hair style got to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I second that :rolleyes:
Reply 9602
Who here watches Sherlock?

Also anyone here who is a gamer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9603
How do people remember when to use fleming lefy & right hand rules?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has everyone started or planning to start revision soon?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9605
Original post by Lucy96
Same :lol: I think being Minister of Propaganda would be one of the more fun jobs in the Third Reich, I'd love it :tongue: oooh I want to see more of it!

Do it! It actually would :lol: regardless of the fact he killed millions of people (:wink:), he was a pretty hilarious guy. His demand for photo editing is simply amazing :lol: doesn't it just make him so much less scary? :mmm: I loved Russian history, I miss it a lot :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would you do my coursework on the Russian Revolution then? :tongue: It's stressing me out!
Original post by Ndella
Would you do my coursework on the Russian Revolution then? :tongue: It's stressing me out!

Sure! :tongue: what's your question or area of focus, out of curiosity? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9607
Original post by Lucy96
Sure! :tongue: what's your question or area of focus, out of curiosity? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Assess the view that it was mainly the failure of the Provisional Government that made possible the Bolshevik takeover of October 1917. We're doing investigations for this coursework so I've been living in the library finding historians' views to evaluate, the topic is very interesting but long :tongue:
Original post by Ndella
Assess the view that it was mainly the failure of the Provisional Government that made possible the Bolshevik takeover of October 1917. We're doing investigations for this coursework so I've been living in the library finding historians' views to evaluate, the topic is very interesting but long :tongue:

THAT'S THE MOST AMAZING QUESTION EVER :love: :love: I answered a nearly identical question to that in my AS exam, I'm so so jealous right now :frown: Obviously you'll have to go into a lot more detail than I had to in a 30 mark question though :lol: sounds quite the challenge! I'm sure you'll do amazing :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9609
Original post by Lucy96
THAT'S THE MOST AMAZING QUESTION EVER :love: :love: I answered a nearly identical question to that in my AS exam, I'm so so jealous right now :frown: Obviously you'll have to go into a lot more detail than I had to in a 30 mark question though :lol: sounds quite the challenge! I'm sure you'll do amazing :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wish I could trade with you :smile: There's so much to talk about, there's no way I'd have time to talk about ALL the PG's weaknesses in an hour exam since they were pretty much a joke of a government :biggrin: are you doing a different topic for A2 then?
Thank you! Though I'm not sure if I'll do well since most of the class got a lot of criticism getting the first draft back :frown:
Original post by Qari
BTW how good are you at chess?

Very :tongue: Can you play? Nobody on Tsr seems to want to try me :dontknow:
Reply 9611
Original post by Occams Chainsaw
Very :tongue: Can you play? Nobody on Tsr seems to want to try me :dontknow:

Yh, not sure how good I am. It isn't that hard to be honest. All it consists of is moving a bunch of pieces and trying not to get trapped.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qari
Yh, not sure how good I am. It isn't that hard to be honest. All it consists of is moving a bunch of pieces and trying not to get trapped.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure, and maths consists of shuffling symbols on a page. Easy peasy :bigsmile:

My chess.com rating is 1950 right now. It was 2100 but I went on a losing streak when trying out blind chess :colondollar: If you want, we can play tomorrow
Original post by Qari
How do people remember when to use fleming lefy & right hand rules?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can derive each using field mathematics, but the shorthand approach would be to learn that for a process where electrical energy is being converted into some form of kinesis (i.e. a motor) then it is the left hand rule, and where kinetic energy is being converted to electrical energy (i.e. a generator) then it is the right hand rule. More accurately, the left hand rule will convey the direction of the net magnetic force acting on a current carrying capacitor in a magnetic field and the right hand rule will convey the direction of the induced electromotive force due to a change in (the rate of) magnetic flux.

You can think of some kind of memory trick to help this. Perhaps we drive (motor) on the LEFT hand side in the UK? Likewise the word geneRatoR has 2 Rs - standing for Right, and no Ls?

This may seem harsh, but I think part of the reason people get annoyed with these questions is because most of the time you can find out yourself through google or a textbook.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Ndella
I wish I could trade with you :smile: There's so much to talk about, there's no way I'd have time to talk about ALL the PG's weaknesses in an hour exam since they were pretty much a joke of a government :biggrin: are you doing a different topic for A2 then?
Thank you! Though I'm not sure if I'll do well since most of the class got a lot of criticism getting the first draft back :frown:

Same :frown: there is! Haha that's so true, and yes, they were pretty pathetic; they managed to achieve absolutely nothing. I am! You're welcome :smile: well it's only a first draft so you needn't worry. I'm sure with a bit of direction it'll all be okay!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
Everyone wants you to shut up mate. Not to be rude, but sorry it's the truth.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where did that come from? :eek: The first one could be seen as irritating but was just trying to initiate conversation, but the second post was asking a genuine question! No-one's forcing you to read it if you don't want to...

But now I've got that off my chest, how's everyone tonight? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9616
Sure, and maths consists of shuffling symbols on a page. Easy peasy :bigsmile:

My chess.com rating is 1950 right now. It was 2100 but I went on a losing streak when trying out blind chess :colondollar: If you want, we can play tomorrow

Sure and better than my rating. It is like 1100 i didn't know how to use it at the start.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9617
Original post by Llewellyn
You can derive each using field mathematics, but the shorthand approach would be to learn that for a process where electrical energy is being converted into some form of kinesis (i.e. a motor) then it is the left hand rule, and where kinetic energy is being converted to electrical energy (i.e. a generator) then it is the right hand rule. More accurately, the left hand rule will convey the direction of the net magnetic force acting on a current carrying capacitor in a magnetic field and the right hand rule will convey the direction of the induced electromotive force due to a change in (the rate of) magnetic flux.

You can think of some kind of memory trick to help this. Perhaps we drive (motor) on the LEFT hand side in the UK? Likewise the word geneRatoR has 2 Rs - standing for Right, and no Ls?

This may seem harsh, but I think part of the reason people get annoyed with these questions is because most of the time you can find out yourself through google or a textbook.

Thanks for the help.
I did check the book but I couldn't think of a way to remember them.
The road thing helps as well as the generator thing

And I rarely ask for help on here.
Ask any of the regular posters I have hardly asked for help in this thread before.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Qari
Sure and better than my rating. It is like 1100 i didn't know how to use it at the start.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alright. It's a date :tongue:
:lol:
Reply 9619
Alright. It's a date :tongue:
:lol:

Can't wait :biggrin: what time?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest