The Student Room Group

What milk do you drink?

Scroll to see replies

Soy and almond milk here too :smile:
I always buy semi skinned but my housemate buys full fat so I just drink whatever we have in the fridge. As long as it comes from a cow I'm not overly fussed :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
We always get semi-skimmed now as randdom prefers that. But I used to get full fat milk before I was married.

When I was growing up, we used to get milk delivered with a silver top on the glass bottle, which had about an inch of cream at the top before the milk started. Don't really know if this was the same a the blue capped plastic carton.
I don't drink milk alone -- I hate the taste. I recently found out I have IBS so I have to drink lacto-free skimmed milk with my coffee.
Reply 104
Original post by jazzykinks
I don't drink milk alone -- I hate the taste. I recently found out I have IBS so I have to drink lacto-free skimmed milk with my coffee.

I hate the taste of milk on it's own (except for milkshakes) but for some reason I don't mind it when I'm eating cereal :s-smilie:
full fat for prot shakes, goats milk otherwise but I hardly ever have milk on its own.
Reply 106
Full fat 'cause father refuses to boy any other milk lmao
Original post by syrettd
I hate the taste of milk on it's own (except for milkshakes) but for some reason I don't mind it when I'm eating cereal :s-smilie:

It's strange -- I don't mind milk in things like milkshakes etc but I cannot handle milk by itself. Even with cereal it's fine because some of the cereal taste goes into the milk.
Reply 108
Original post by jazzykinks
It's strange -- I don't mind milk in things like milkshakes etc but I cannot handle milk by itself. Even with cereal it's fine because some of the cereal taste goes into the milk.

I'm the same! And I used to do this weird thing where if I had cereal, I would eat as much of the cereal as possible without any milk on the spoon, and then drink the milk. But if anyone gave me a glass of milk, I would say I hated it :tongue:
Reply 109
Full-fat tastes much better too me- semi is too watery
Reply 110
I drink semi skimmed, although i used to drink whole milk until about 4 years ago when it began to make me feel ill and it was far too rich. Much prefer semi skimmed. Although, my family drink whole milk so when they go shopping, they buy both whole and semi skimmed haha!
Original post by xDave-
I've always drunk skimmed. Amazed that's doing so poorly, even being beaten by "other"!

how does skimmed milk taste? i want to switch to it but i heard it tastes a lot like water :s-smilie:
Reply 112
Original post by Secretnerd123
how does skimmed milk taste? i want to switch to it but i heard it tastes a lot like water :s-smilie:

I think the people that say that have drunk a type with more fat in it all their life. Going from one that has a very strong taste to one that doesn't well, maybe you'd struggle. I grew up on it though, so it's fine for me.
I drink skimmed used to drink semi skimmed I have a milk allergy an skimmed milk isn't to bad for me to drink .
Reply 114
Almond milk or if I'm gonna drink dairy milk then give me all the fat!!! :tongue:
Reply 115
Full fat milk the blue cap.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 116
I drink full fat and all my friends think I'm weird because they all drink the skimmed milk! Apprently most of them dont know anyone else who drinks full fat....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest