The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine (A100) Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
Original post by nataliehenry
The medical school will be closed for Christmas, maybe try again after Monday 6th January.

Okay thank you very much for the information! The prices are increasing rapidly day by day, but I guess I cannot do anything else, only wait :s-smilie:
Original post by timeywimey
Hi guys, me again. No news whatsoever.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too... oh meh... no news whatsoever :-/ x x x
Original post by Super Girl
Me too... oh meh... no news whatsoever :-/ x x x

No news is good news, but we all would love an interview :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 663
No news is good news, but we all would love an interview :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi guys, I am a student at Liverpool and I remember being in your situation last year.
Yes it is an horrible wait, but if I were you I would focus on getting your grades as without them it doesn't matter whether you had a place or not!

I know people that didn't get an interview until february, and they are on the course!

So sit tight and good luck! :smile:
Original post by S.medic27
Hi guys, I am a student at Liverpool and I remember being in your situation last year.
Yes it is an horrible wait, but if I were you I would focus on getting your grades as without them it doesn't matter whether you had a place or not!

I know people that didn't get an interview until february, and they are on the course!

So sit tight and good luck! :smile:

Thanks :smile: how are you finding it there? Do you like the course?

-timeywimey-
Reply 665
I've ended my pretty long self-imposed exile from TSR today for a small update:

Firstly, I've updated the OP with some more useful information and finally, some resources! At the moment, I am going to trial it and ascertain whether it is going to be worth putting some more time into so please do give me feedback!

So far, I have only got a Year 1 Book List and some PP Statistical Definitions up. I've also got a revision present in the form of some S&F questions. They are aimed at 1st years mainly, but can apply to any students brushing up on non-clinical anatomy and physiology. Unfortunately, whilst making it, I didn't make an answer sheet so perhaps you can ask on here if you are stuck (or if someone kindly wants to make an answer sheet, they are welcome to)!

I would like to sincerely request fellow Liverpool medics to help out with the resources if at all possible. Anything you deem to be remotely useful for students in years below will help so please either upload it on here and quote me or if you prefer, PM me and I will send you my e-mail. Or if all else fails, give me feedback!

Annoying Quotes

K
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 666
[QUOTE="Girl;45660142" Super="Super"]
Original post by hjward

Cheers for that! ������
My applications must stink then...������

Didn't mean it like that I'm sure it doesn't!
Still plenty of interviews left to give out I'm sure.
Reply 667
A somewhat modified Year 2 Book List is up.
Reply 668
No news.. 18 points.. beginning to lose hope, do you think many more interviews will be given out despite the fact that Liverpool started quite early so will have got a lot done?
Reply 669
Original post by Student 1
No news.. 18 points.. beginning to lose hope, do you think many more interviews will be given out despite the fact that Liverpool started quite early so will have got a lot done?

Plenty more will be given out. There's still nearly 3 full months left before they stop interviewing.
Original post by Student 1

I have 18 points too! I'm not stressing yet- there's lots of time still. Don't worry!
Reply 671
I have 18 points too! I'm not stressing yet- there's lots of time still. Don't worry!

I hope so!
Reply 672
Do we know yet how the content of the new curriculum is going to be structured or is that still to be decided?
I.e. I know the old curriculum was year 1. basic introduction to science and practice & years 2, 3 & 4 learning how to diagnose and manage illness through the 4 stages and year 5 doing intense clinical experience. Is it still the same or..?
Reply 673
Original post by Kyalimers

X

Thanks, those are some very helpful resources.

I'll definitely contribute if and when I have something to contribute :smile:
Reply 674
Original post by foximus
Do we know yet how the content of the new curriculum is going to be structured or is that still to be decided?
I.e. I know the old curriculum was year 1. basic introduction to science and practice & years 2, 3 & 4 learning how to diagnose and manage illness through the 4 stages and year 5 doing intense clinical experience. Is it still the same or..?

It's to be somewhat changed. All the information can be found via links in the OP.
Reply 675
Should I be worried if I haven't heard anything from any of the medical schools which I've applied for?:s-smilie:
Reply 676
Original post by adpeto
Should I be worried if I haven't heard anything from any of the medical schools which I've applied for?:s-smilie:

They say a lot of them interview until April, so no :smile: I just heard from ONE medical school. I think there are plenty of people who are still waiting! Including me for my other medical schools! :smile: But the thing is, people say we have to be patient and that's very hard. :frown:
Reply 677
Original post by madgene
They say a lot of them interview until April, so no :smile: I just heard from ONE medical school. I think there are plenty of people who are still waiting! Including me for my other medical schools! :smile: But the thing is, people say we have to be patient and that's very hard. :frown:

Phew then! April is so far away:frown: and I'm a fairly impatient person too which sucks!:frown: Which other medical schools have you applied too,:smile: and have you not heard from Liverpool as well?
Reply 678
Original post by adpeto
Phew then! April is so far away:frown: and I'm a fairly impatient person too which sucks!:frown: Which other medical schools have you applied too,:smile: and have you not heard from Liverpool as well?

Hahah indeed, it is so far away :frown: I applied to Bristol, Keele and Liverpool! No actually the only school I heard back from is Liverpool! My interview is this Sunday (terrified). :/ where else have you applied? :biggrin:
Reply 679
Original post by madgene
Hahah indeed, it is so far away :frown: I applied to Bristol, Keele and Liverpool! No actually the only school I heard back from is Liverpool! My interview is this Sunday (terrified). :/ where else have you applied? :biggrin:

Lets hope you hear from Bristol and Keele soon! Aw well congrats on your interview for Liverpool, I hope it goes well for you, good luck!:smile: I applied to Liverpool, Keele, Sheffield and Leeds:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending