The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ginge1
You probably are retaining it and it'll probably come to you when you need it lol
I've just read a few publications and prepared for questions I might be asked so far.
Do you know if its a group interview? they said it wasn't on the open day but the email says it is :s-smilie:

It's a 1-hour presentation, 20 minute numeracy, 30 minute literacy, and then a group interview (I don't know if there's an individual at the end of it all or not).

I hope so, I'mma have a look at more paramedic articles and hope for the best haha
Reply 81
Original post by Jedwardo
I've got an invitation to the selection day on the 29th of January at Avery Hill.

Yeah I have too, the 29th. Still haven't heard anything from the other campus but on their application checker it has changed from 'awaiting conformation' to ' REF' not sure what that means.
Original post by JessLoomes
Yeah I have too, the 29th. Still haven't heard anything from the other campus but on their application checker it has changed from 'awaiting conformation' to ' REF' not sure what that means.

Either refuse or referral - email them and ask for certain.
So, how did people do at the Coventry interview?
Reply 84
Okay guys. Who's got a interview on Wednesday for Teesside? If so did you receive a DBS form and a health assessment form. As I haven't ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Danielacko
Okay guys. Who's got a interview on Wednesday for Teesside? If so did you receive a DBS form and a health assessment form. As I haven't ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I didn't receive the forms either, it's an admin error I'm guessing cause I phoned the uni and they said I needed them and sent them straight out to me via post.
Reply 86
Original post by Samm543
Yeah I have an interview on the 16th.

how long did u wait for a reply?
Reply 87
Hey guys. Glad I found this website and specifically this forum! Loads of great info and advice.
I'm studying an Access to HE - Science course in college at the moment and just sent off my UCAS application yesterday.
Applied for: St George's (x2), Greenwich, Oxford Brookes and UWE Bristol.
Any one here heard anything from these uni's yet?
Reply 88
Original post by mininurse1
how long did u wait for a reply?

They said I wouldn't hear anything till March/April time.
Reply 89
Original post by Shandlad
anyone got an interview for coventry, 6th dec??

I have got one coming up in January, how did you get on?
What was it like? And what kind of things were asked in the tests?

Thankyou!
Reply 90
Anyone got an interview for Staffordshire Jan 28th?
Also, does anyone know if its a group interview or just some info to give me a general idea of what to expect?
Reply 91
helloo! was just wondering, i am interested in doing paramedic science as i want to be a paramedic, but i'm still at school and i don't know what to take at a-level, what are the best subjects to take?
Reply 92
Original post by WREM36
helloo! was just wondering, i am interested in doing paramedic science as i want to be a paramedic, but i'm still at school and i don't know what to take at a-level, what are the best subjects to take?

Most courses I looked at wanted Science A levels, one being human biology related.

I recommend doing doing the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care, however. There is a wide range of subjects that we study, from psychology and sociology to Anatomy and Physiology. We have to take part in work placements in the health and social care sector, such as pre-schools and dementia care homes.

The work placements are vital experience in the health and social care sector that universities look for, while if you did A levels you would have to search for jobs and volunteering opportunities in such places yourself. This could have it's benefits though as you could find yourself work experience in a more front line area, such as in a hospital!
Reply 93
Original post by Jedwardo
Most courses I looked at wanted Science A levels, one being human biology related.I recommend doing doing the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care, however. There is a wide range of subjects that we study, from psychology and sociology to Anatomy and Physiology. We have to take part in work placements in the health and social care sector, such as pre-schools and dementia care homes.The work placements are vital experience in the health and social care sector that universities look for, while if you did A levels you would have to search for jobs and volunteering opportunities in such places yourself. This could have it's benefits though as you could find yourself work experience in a more front line area, such as in a hospital!
brilliant thankyou!! but at the college i want to go to (and basically have to go to) does not have a health and social care course so i can only study a-levels. what do you think the best science to take is. i am definitely taking maths :smile:
Reply 94
Original post by WREM36
brilliant thankyou!! but at the college i want to go to (and basically have to go to) does not have a health and social care course so i can only study a-levels. what do you think the best science to take is. i am definitely taking maths :smile:

I'm not to sure about the A Level route. I would suggest speaking to a careers adviser in school, or you might even get lucky and find someone on this thread who knows what A Levels would be the best to take from experience!
Reply 95
Hey, I took Biology, Maths, Chemistry and Geography for As and dropped Chemistry, got an offer from Greenwich, and my rejections have been linked to experience not A level choices
I'd say take A levels you'll enjoy and do well in. Some uni's will ask for a Biology A level and quite a few will ask for a science one but generally you're looking at getting good grades not specific subjects. An essay subject would be good though as you'll be writing lots of essays. Personally I did Psychology, Chemistry and Computing.
Original post by WREM36

I'm taking biology, chemistry and psychology. These are all very useful and the universities think very highly of chemistry but they are not easy! You need at least 1 science related subject, usually biology!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Original post by ChloeLouise09
I'm taking biology, chemistry and psychology. These are all very useful and the universities think very highly of chemistry but they are not easy! You need at least 1 science related subject, usually biology!

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats the only thing, my worst science is chemistry. i was thinking about human biology but it is hard to find a college that does this.
Reply 99
Original post by WREM36
thats the only thing, my worst science is chemistry. i was thinking about human biology but it is hard to find a college that does this.

Universities understand that human Biology is a rare A level so will be unlikely to hold that against you as long as you get strong grades in Biology, I got an E in Chemistry As and have still been invited to interview, when asked for biology and one other science in an offer, Maths usualy counts for your other ( Geography was even mentioned in some of the entry requirements) , dont do chemistry just for the sake of doing it when other subjects you may be stonger at will be just as good

Latest