The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Studying at Hertfordshire University (LAW)

Hey guys, anyone here doing law?
I've got an offer from this university..I'm still wondering if i should accept it.. but anyway I was just wondering how's the law course like and how's the university like.
Reply 1
Hey, I got an offer to study law here too! I'm going to go and see the university before I make any decisions haha
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by SS1996
Hey, I got an offer to study law here too! I'm going to go and see the university before I make any decisions haha

ooo nice; well done! :smile: when are you going to see the uni?:wink: if you go, can you let me know how is it... I would appreciate it ^^
Reply 3
Original post by olinkaxq
ooo nice; well done! :smile: when are you going to see the uni?:wink: if you go, can you let me know how is it... I would appreciate it ^^

I study law at herts uni. It is alot of work but you will learn to love the subject. I started uni this year and was really worried about starting my course, but I would recommend studying law to anyone! The tutors at herts are very good, and helpful. Definitely accept your offer, you'll love it here! :smile: :biggrin:
Reply 4
I study law at herts uni. It is alot of work but you will learn to love the subject. I started uni this year and was really worried about starting my course, but I would recommend studying law to anyone! The tutors at herts are very good, and helpful. Definitely accept your offer, you'll love it here! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by marley9951
I study law at herts uni. It is alot of work but you will learn to love the subject. I started uni this year and was really worried about starting my course, but I would recommend studying law to anyone! The tutors at herts are very good, and helpful. Definitely accept your offer, you'll love it here! :smile:

Yeah I am actually thinking of accepting the offer :smile: so how did you find the courseworks/exams? are they really difficult? how's the people like? friendly etc? :3 and how is your timetable like? Thank you for reply; much appreciated!
Reply 6
depending on the modules, some of them will just be coursework based and some will have exams at the end of the year. Courseworks are very straightforward, all the material you need is on the university student account called studynet. I go to uni 3 times a week, monday (3 lectures), tuesday (two) and thursday (one/two depending on the week). Hertfordshire's got one of the best social lives in the UK, parties are great and you get famous artists performing e.g Sean Paul, Rudimental etc :smile: People are so friendly, everyone is in the same position as you, looking to find new friends and do well in uni :smile:
Reply 7
depending on the modules, some of them will just be coursework based and some will have exams at the end of the year. Courseworks are very straightforward, all the material you need is on the university student account called studynet. I go to uni 3 times a week, monday (3 lectures), tuesday (two) and thursday (one/two depending on the week). Hertfordshire's got one of the best social lives in the UK, parties are great and you get famous artists performing e.g Sean Paul, Rudimental etc :smile: People are so friendly, everyone is in the same position as you, looking to find new friends and do well in uni :smile:

O thats sounds so cool! :wink: so what time do you usually start and finish? & how long are the lectures?
Reply 8
depends on the day :smile: sometimes I have a 9am start and finish at around 1ish, but sometimes I have a lecture in the morning, then have a break for the whole day and then have a two hour workshop from 4pm till 6pm. It's really worth coming to this university, I really recommend it :smile::wink:
Reply 9
depends on the day :smile: sometimes I have a 9am start and finish at around 1ish, but sometimes I have a lecture in the morning, then have a break for the whole day and then have a two hour workshop from 4pm till 6pm. It's really worth coming to this university, I really recommend it :smile::wink:

Alright i see :smile: Well thank you for your reply; I really do appreciate it :smile: I hope I'll see you around! (;

Hey,
I am also thinking of coming here for law ... but it doesn't have a very good ranking. what do you recommend? how is the teaching?
P.S i got A*A*AB

Quick Reply

Latest