The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eugenius 8
epic Ippo

hajime no ippo ?
Original post by GalaxygunnerX
Have a listen to this if you like Hatsune Miku/remixes by Canadians... It's pretty awesome.

https://soundcloud.com/yourmusicradar/hachioji-p-hatsune-heater

Reminds me slightly of nyan cat :biggrin:.
Original post by Dilzo999
Reminds me slightly of nyan cat :biggrin:.

Haha.. I see where you're coming from, I thought it sounded quite familiar to a K-On song.
Original post by Aiko
Indeed, so incredible! I love this series. :biggrin:

Original post by study beats
hajime no ippo ?

yup :coma:
Why is anime so expensive in the UK? :frown:
Started watching ao no exorcist. It's pretty addictive.
Started watching ao no exorcist. It's pretty addictive.

Gonna buy the blu ray version of it sometime this month.
Am gonna get the first part from Sainsbury's, I know I can get it slightly cheaper on Amazon (with free delivery) but am choosing Sainsbury's because I don't like the cover art of Amazon's Part 1 (or part 2 but not much I can do about that).

So, since there is a Sainsbury's practically right next to my uni (well, within a walking distance at least) will do a click and collect order and get it that way. =l
Original post by Scienceisgood
Gonna buy the blu ray version of it sometime this month.
Am gonna get the first part from Sainsbury's, I know I can get it slightly cheaper on Amazon (with free delivery) but am choosing Sainsbury's because I don't like the cover art of Amazon's Part 1 (or part 2 but not much I can do about that).

So, since there is a Sainsbury's practically right next to my uni (well, within a walking distance at least) will do a click and collect order and get it that way. =l

Nice... Cram school reminds me so much of hogwarts...

A friend from the anime soc in my uni gave me the DVDs to borrow. Do you have a blu ray player in your college room?
Reply 6308
I know it's not technically anime, but oh-my-god: I'm halfway through season 2 of Korra, and she is absolutely taking the piss! I don't think I have ever come to hate a character in Avatar this much before, which is a shame as she was really cool in season 1! Le sigh. :redface:
yup :coma:

what is epic ippo
ImoCho wasnt that bad :tongue: just hope its not all revolved around :pee:

also started The Pilot's Love Song, was nice, had a movie like feel to it :h: Laputa springs to mind :tongue:

need to finish off last season's shows, only finished Non Non Boyori and Outbreak Company, the former was just cute and peaceful to watch :h: the latter was fun, ended alright but hope for a 2nd season :yep:

what is epic ippo

what i meant was Ippo in Hajime no Ippo was just epic the most recent couple of eps :h:
ImoCho wasnt that bad :tongue: just hope its not all revolved around :pee:

also started The Pilot's Love Song, was nice, had a movie like feel to it :h: Laputa springs to mind :tongue:

need to finish off last season's shows, only finished Non Non Boyori and Outbreak Company, the former was just cute and peaceful to watch :h: the latter was fun, ended alright but hope for a 2nd season :yep:

what i meant was Ippo in Hajime no Ippo was just epic the most recent couple of eps :h:

wot are the recent couple of episodes? i am on episode 10.....how many seasons are there
Nice... Cram school reminds me so much of hogwarts...

A friend from the anime soc in my uni gave me the DVDs to borrow. Do you have a blu ray player in your college room?

I brought the TV, Blu Ray player and hard drive from my room at home to my student accommodation. =)

I typically download my anime with the INTENTION of buying a legal copy sometime in the future, I have had blue exorcist on my hard drive now for around 2 years now and I want it on Blu Ray...
The only legal copies of anime I have are the following;

Death Note - DVD
FMAB - Blu Ray
Soon to be Blue Exorcist - Blu Ray

EDIT:
Have you seen the movie yet?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6313
Well, picking up Saki Zenkou-hen is a no brainer for me. It's nice to finally watch the tournament from Kiyosumi's perspective. That aside, the wealth of top notch seiyuu in this series (who are female, at least) is mind-blowing. Mahjong? It's more like the battle of the seiyuus. :tongue:
wot are the recent couple of episodes? i am on episode 10.....how many seasons are there

those are from the 3rd and most recent season :wink: im guessing you're on the first?
Nothing piques my interest this new season...>_<
So I've watched around 23 episodes of ao no exorcist and it gets pretty ridiculous after episode 19. A bunch of weak and fickle minded characters that need some old school butt-kicking. The only real character who behaves properly would be the inappropriately dressed woman. And even she's crazy. Also, this show has so many homages to popular culture in terms of anime and manga. There's a princess mononoke reference put in one of the later episodes.

Edit: I've watched episode 24 and I can safely say that the entire cast is crazy. Let's see how bonkers the final episode turns out to be.. Expect another lengthy review soon.

Edit: seen the final episode.
(edited 10 years ago)
Omg guys epsiode 1 out for second season of chunnibyou I'm gonna watch now hopefully it don't disappoint.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6319

I'll definitely be buying Gurren Lagann on bluray, though probably not the most expensive version! I'll probably buy Patema Inverted, which I rather liked, and Escaflowne if it's as good as the Japanese Escaflowne BDs, which (from the eps I sampled) came out very well. As far as I'm concerned the jury's out on Space Dandy, but if I like it I might buy it.

What about you?

(I've been kind of impressed in the last year or so by Anime Limited's ability to pull out these licenses which a decent number of people might actually want to buy, like Cowboy Bebop and TTGL.)

Latest