The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by medic321
ohh ok thanks for replying! :smile: ahhh yeah I know of other med schools that give set prep times for interviews too! I heard barts usually send an ethics article with the interview invite- do you know if they are doing that this year too? Also how many people are usually on the panel?

i dont know if they are doing that this year but I would imagine they are

2 pro's (ie doctors or professors etc) plus someone like me (3rd year on)

Im speculating for a bit like you guys. Will let you know more when I know
Reply 1561
I'm an EU undergrad, on the 19th of December I received an email with an interview invitation, but didn't get a reply for the date yet, though I asked to make it during the Carnival break (the available dates were end of January to end of February as mentioned by someone before). I'm so excited, I hope they'll answer soon though, cause I need to book the flight and stuff.
All I can say is I don't think UKCAT counts that much then, mine wasn't brilliant, so don't worry about it. There was no ethical article but this doesn't mean it won't come in the next email so I can't really tell.
Anybody else got an inteview? I'm stressing out a bit, it's the only uni to have answered for now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Emma_O25
Ugh its so annoying! where did you apply?

umm QUB, Leicester, Nottingham and here :colondollar: I applied to Kings London for Neuroscience aswell
Original post by GCSE-help
Woww! :frown: What were your A level predictions?

3A's, so a real minimum I suppose, but I'm still a bit gutted! Want to study in London! It was made a lot easier because of an interview from KCL though :smile:
Im in exactly the same position as you!!!!! I'm also a EU undergraduate applicant and I am waiting for them to email me back. I also did not get an amazing UKCAT but Im guessing the tariff points and PS were okay. I hope they email me back as soon as possible cause I also need to book flight! :smile:

Original post by medsing
I'm an EU undergrad, on the 19th of December I received an email with an interview invitation, but didn't get a reply for the date yet, though I asked to make it during the Carnival break (the available dates were end of January to end of February as mentioned by someone before). I'm so excited, I hope they'll answer soon though, cause I need to book the flight and stuff.
All I can say is I don't think UKCAT counts that much then, mine wasn't brilliant, so don't worry about it. There was no ethical article but this doesn't mean it won't come in the next email so I can't really tell.
Anybody else got an inteview? I'm stressing out a bit, it's the only uni to have answered for now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by school1234
Im in exactly the same position as you!!!!! I'm also a EU undergraduate applicant and I am waiting for them to email me back. I also did not get an amazing UKCAT but Im guessing the tariff points and PS were okay. I hope they email me back as soon as possible cause I also need to book flight! :smile:

Can I ask what your ukcat was?
Reply 1566
Great so I'm not alone hehe :smile: my UKCAT was around 630, the first section really brought me down! But as the previous student I guess I have good ucas tariff points!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by medsing
Great so I'm not alone hehe :smile: my UKCAT was around 630, the first section really brought me down! But as the previous student I guess I have good ucas tariff points!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is your tariff? if you don't mind me asking :smile:
Eerily quiet here.... now waiting for the inevitable :eek:
Reply 1569
Original post by Anxious Owl
Eerily quiet here.... now waiting for the inevitable :eek:

Haha I know, it's like watching a horror film that never ends :tongue:
Got an interview finally!!! :biggrin:
Reply 1571

omg congrats! what are your stats like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw, well done! :smile:
Original post by nana96
omg congrats! what are your stats like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only got a UKCAT of 675 and thought i didn't have a hope but apparently its enough! i actually don't know what my predicted grades were either because my principal did them without showing me!

Because i had to book flights to the UK they gave me a choice of 5 interview dates in february so hopefully everyone else will hear this week too :biggrin:

Good luck!! :smile:
I only got a UKCAT of 675 and thought i didn't have a hope but apparently its enough! i actually don't know what my predicted grades were either because my principal did them without showing me!

Because i had to book flights to the UK they gave me a choice of 5 interview dates in february so hopefully everyone else will hear this week too :biggrin:

Good luck!! :smile:

Oh, so you're international?
Original post by XingBairong
Oh, so you're international?

Well i'm from Ireland so Rest of EU :smile:
Well i'm from Ireland so Rest of EU :smile:

You wouldn't be international if you didn't rebel against us you know :wink:

just joking, please don't take it as an offence :biggrin: :colondollar:
Original post by XingBairong
You wouldn't be international if you didn't rebel against us you know :wink:

just joking, please don't take it as an offence :biggrin: :colondollar:

Haha well there's no changing that! Have you heard yet? :smile:
Haha well there's no changing that! Have you heard yet? :smile:

No, I'm dying to know whether I'll become a royalty or not :wink:

and congratulation :biggrin:
Reply 1579

Hey congrats!! What are your initials if you don't mind ..?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending