The Student Room Group

CCEA AS LEVEL GERMANY UNIT 1 predictions! Help..

If any of you are doing the exam on the 13th January, have ur teachers predicted anything to come up!:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Ja, fast alles wird im Deutschen.

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by The Alumknee
Ja, fast alles wird im Deutschen.

Uhm no..it's s history exam, fool.
Reply 3
Hi, Nazi economy hasn't come up at all since June 2011 so I'm putting money on that. Weimar Economy and Opposition and Resistance came up last Jan both as Question 1s - I don't think they'd be too mean and give us both economies. Rise of Nazis 1924-29 and Death of Weimar 1929-33 were up in Jan 2012.

I'm probably gonna revise - both economies, opposition and resistance, rise of Nazis 1924-29, early threats to Weimar and Death of Weimar; maybe consolidation of power 33-4.

The source the past 6 exams has been 1929+ - Treatment of Jews, Women, Consolidation of power, Death of Weimar, Nazi Economy, Jews.

Weimar economy has never been a source, neither has has arts & culture.
(edited 10 years ago)
So sorry I haven't replied. I didn't see your message! Thanks so much for the heads up. I might revise culture as a 35 mark as it hasn't yet been up. Do you think asocials would be up considering women, Jews and youth have been up recently in papers. Hope revisions going well! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by NicolaM
So sorry I haven't replied. I didn't see your message! Thanks so much for the heads up. I might revise culture as a 35 mark as it hasn't yet been up. Do you think asocials would be up considering women, Jews and youth have been up recently in papers. Hope revisions going well! :smile:

What is asocials? :s-smilie:

I've made notes for - Early Threats to Weimar, Weimar Economy, Nazis 1924-29, Death of Weimar/Rise of Nazis 1929-1933 (they're the same topic, right? as it's the same info, just a different focus), Nazi economy, opposition & resistance, culture and Youth.
(edited 10 years ago)
Those who are coloured, gay, disabled etc. Yea I've all my notes done just a matter of learning them! Only notes I haven't made is early political threats to the weimar which isn't too bad. Yea they're the ones with the similar info however it isn't the exact same. I really really want either nazi economy or opposition and resistance to come up.
Reply 7
Original post by NicolaM
Those who are coloured, gay, disabled etc. Yea I've all my notes done just a matter of learning them! Only notes I haven't made is early political threats to the weimar which isn't too bad. Yea they're the ones with the similar info however it isn't the exact same. I really really want either nazi economy or opposition and resistance to come up.

Yeah, same. Opposition/Early Threats/Nazis 1924-29 as Q1 and Nazi Economy as source please!
Reply 8
Original post by NicolaM

Do you mind uploading a photo of your asocial notes or if you did them on the pc pasting them here and in return I'll give you my early threats? I have no have what do to for asocial.
Here's a pic on our course outline. I'll see if I have asocial notes now!
Original post by Zadeth
Do you mind uploading a photo of your asocial notes or if you did them on the pc pasting them here and in return I'll give you my early threats? I have no have what do to for asocial.

Course outline
image.jpgimage.jpg
Early Threats to Weimar

The Kapp Putsch was the first attempt by the extreme right wing to seize power from the
Constitutional government. The extreme right favoured the restoration of some sort of authoritarian, dictatorial regime. As a result of the demobilisation of the armed forces there were nearly 200 paramilitary units around Germany by 1919. In 1920 about 12,000 members of the Freikorps marched on Berlin and seized the main buildings of the capital virtually unopposed, where they installed a new government.
The German army did not provide any resistance to this Putsch. In spite of requests from Ebert to put down the rebellious forces, the army was not prepared to become involved with either side. The Putsch collapsed primarily because, before fleeing Berlin, SPD members of the government had called for a general strike which soon paralysed the capital and quickly spread to the rest of the country.
The rebels had little support in Berlin and even less elsewhere. After four days, it was clear that Kapp and his government exerted no real authority and they fled the city. The Nazis’ Munich Putsch took place from 8–9 November 1923.

The developing internal crisis in Germany in 1923, Franco- Belgian occupation of the Ruhr, passive resistance, hyper-inflation and “The German October” convinced Hitler that the opportunity to seize power had arrived. The Nazis were far too weak on their own to stage any kind of political takeover. It was the need for allies which led Hitler into negotiations with Kahr and the Bavarian State Government and the Bavarian section of the German army under Lossow. Kahr and Lossow blamed most of Germany’s problems on the national government in Berlin and wanted to destroy the republican regime with a “March on Berlin” from Munich.
Fearing failure, they decided to abandon the plan but Hitler wanted to press on. The Nazis took control of a large rally which Kahr was addressing in one of Munich’s beer halls and declared a “national revolution”. Under pressure, Kahr and Lossow appeared to co-operate but General Seeckt, the chief of the Army Command who was suspicious of Hitler, used his powers to command the armed forces to resist the Putsch.
When the Nazis attempted to take Munich the Bavarian police easily crushed the Putsch.

The Spartacist Uprising in 1919 and the “German October” in Saxony in 1923. The Spartacists had opposed the First World War and were deeply influenced by Bolshevism. They opposed the creation of a National Constituent Assembly during the German Revolution and wanted to take power by strikes, demonstrations and revolts. In January 1919 the Spartacists decided that the time was ripe to launch an armed rising in Berlin with the aim of overthrowing Ebert’s provisional government. On 5 January 1919 they occupied public buildings, called for a general strike and formed a revolutionary committee. After three days of savage street fighting the coup was easily defeated. The government had the backing of the army’s troops. The continuous revolutionary disturbances by the extreme left in the 1919–23 period culminated in the German October in Saxony which had a SPD/KPD state government in 1923. Mass protests actually started in the summer of 1923 at the height of the Ruhr crisis though the uprising did not actually come to a head until October 1923. A major wave of strikes and popular protests had encouraged the Comintern to organise a German October inspired by the Bolshevik Revolution of October 1917. Reich troops overthrew the state government and suppressed the strikers.
Original post by NicolaM
Course outline
image.jpgimage.jpg

Asocial isn't on there so I guess we don't need it?
Original post by Zadeth
Early Threats to Weimar

The Kapp Putsch was the first attempt by the extreme right wing to seize power from the
Constitutional government. The extreme right favoured the restoration of some sort of authoritarian, dictatorial regime. As a result of the demobilisation of the armed forces there were nearly 200 paramilitary units around Germany by 1919. In 1920 about 12,000 members of the Freikorps marched on Berlin and seized the main buildings of the capital virtually unopposed, where they installed a new government.
The German army did not provide any resistance to this Putsch. In spite of requests from Ebert to put down the rebellious forces, the army was not prepared to become involved with either side. The Putsch collapsed primarily because, before fleeing Berlin, SPD members of the government had called for a general strike which soon paralysed the capital and quickly spread to the rest of the country.
The rebels had little support in Berlin and even less elsewhere. After four days, it was clear that Kapp and his government exerted no real authority and they fled the city. The Nazis’ Munich Putsch took place from 8–9 November 1923.

The developing internal crisis in Germany in 1923, Franco- Belgian occupation of the Ruhr, passive resistance, hyper-inflation and “The German October” convinced Hitler that the opportunity to seize power had arrived. The Nazis were far too weak on their own to stage any kind of political takeover. It was the need for allies which led Hitler into negotiations with Kahr and the Bavarian State Government and the Bavarian section of the German army under Lossow. Kahr and Lossow blamed most of Germany’s problems on the national government in Berlin and wanted to destroy the republican regime with a “March on Berlin” from Munich.
Fearing failure, they decided to abandon the plan but Hitler wanted to press on. The Nazis took control of a large rally which Kahr was addressing in one of Munich’s beer halls and declared a “national revolution”. Under pressure, Kahr and Lossow appeared to co-operate but General Seeckt, the chief of the Army Command who was suspicious of Hitler, used his powers to command the armed forces to resist the Putsch.
When the Nazis attempted to take Munich the Bavarian police easily crushed the Putsch.

The Spartacist Uprising in 1919 and the “German October” in Saxony in 1923. The Spartacists had opposed the First World War and were deeply influenced by Bolshevism. They opposed the creation of a National Constituent Assembly during the German Revolution and wanted to take power by strikes, demonstrations and revolts. In January 1919 the Spartacists decided that the time was ripe to launch an armed rising in Berlin with the aim of overthrowing Ebert’s provisional government. On 5 January 1919 they occupied public buildings, called for a general strike and formed a revolutionary committee. After three days of savage street fighting the coup was easily defeated. The government had the backing of the army’s troops. The continuous revolutionary disturbances by the extreme left in the 1919–23 period culminated in the German October in Saxony which had a SPD/KPD state government in 1923. Mass protests actually started in the summer of 1923 at the height of the Ruhr crisis though the uprising did not actually come to a head until October 1923. A major wave of strikes and popular protests had encouraged the Comintern to organise a German October inspired by the Bolshevik Revolution of October 1917. Reich troops overthrew the state government and suppressed the strikers.

Woah, thank so much. I actually think I mistook asocials as a major focus cos I've just looked over past paper booklet our teacher gave us and asocials is a tiny topic and isn't on the agenda for study I pictured for you :confused: I could have sworn my teacher said something about it last year. I'll post a pic of what a socials even says. image.jpg
Original post by NicolaM
Woah, thank so much. I actually think I mistook asocials as a major focus cos I've just looked over past paper booklet our teacher gave us and asocials is a tiny topic and isn't on the agenda for study I pictured for you :confused: I could have sworn my teacher said something about it last year. I'll post a pic of what a socials even says. image.jpg

ah ok, maybe just throw it in when talking about Nazi beliefs or Volksgemeinschaft.
Original post by Zadeth
Asocial isn't on there so I guess we don't need it?

Yea I just realised that myself but our teacher last year spoke about it as if it could come up like the Jews or women which is why I was confused. Sorry about the confusion!! :confused:
Original post by Zadeth
ah ok, maybe just throw it in when talking about Nazi beliefs or Volksgemeinschaft.

How likely do you think it would be that they'd throw cultural up as a 35. Only really wana learn opposition and r, nazi Econ and decline of Weimar and rise to power. 😜
Original post by NicolaM
How likely do you think it would be that they'd throw cultural up as a 35. Only really wana learn opposition and r, nazi Econ and decline of Weimar and rise to power. ������

Not sure as it came up as question 1 in June..
Well I'm not revising culture. Btw, how's revision going? :/
Original post by NicolaM
Well I'm not revising culture. Btw, how's revision going? :/

Terrible, keep getting distracted. At least it's an afternoon exam.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending