The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gemmac2382
Hi,
does anyone know how to use apply 2? does anyone have a link to apply 2 (to actually apply not the ucas info?
thanks

Well we can't give you a link because it only becomes available after you've gone through apply 1 and been unsuccessful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4381
Hi,

What happens once we accept an offer on ucas? I presume I would receive a welcome letter from the uni. I accepted the offer on the 24th Dec, but I haven't heard anything.

Also ive passed both of my skills test, which where part of the conditions. Would they automatically know or would I need to contact them?

Thanks in advance
Really worried because I have an interview tomorrow yet I feel quite ill today like I'm coming down with something. Hopefully I'll be able to go :frown:
Has anybody else got an interview at Gloucestershire this Saturday for Primary PGCE and received any information about the time we need to get there or anything to prepare, like a presentation? I will ring them tomorrow if I haven't heard anything!
Reply 4384
Offer from Anglia Ruskin!!
Reply 4385
Original post by Airfairy
Really worried because I have an interview tomorrow yet I feel quite ill today like I'm coming down with something. Hopefully I'll be able to go :frown:

Don't worry, the adrenaline of the interview will get you through it, and then you'll probably just feel really really ill when you get home, but at least you will have made it through.

OMG same! I have an interview tomorrow too and I feel so ill today. I can't keep my eyes open either, so nothing has been done all morning! Don't know how to get energised!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tinitus
You could talk about how MFL lessons should be fear free(focus on communication, not errors), make language learning fun and engaging, also how teachers could include boys (as girls usually perform better in languages), how the teacher obviously needs to have good language skills, but also teach intercultural understanding(in almost all lessons), or how exchanges etc could boost motivation etc etc....just a few ideas :smile:

Thanks for the ideas! :smile:

When is your interview?
Original post by womanonamission
OMG same! I have an interview tomorrow too and I feel so ill today. I can't keep my eyes open either, so nothing has been done all morning! Don't know how to get energised!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I also have an interview tomorrow, I actually can't wait for it to be over with!

Where is your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know I have done hardly any prep today so far :frown: I did a lot yesterday luckily. I can't see much getting done today, I can hardly keep my eyes open. Not in a tired way, I just feel really drained. Majorly need to plan my presentation today though!

Good luck tomorrow. Where is at?
is anyone else having an interview tomorrow at the IoE for MFL?
What sort of stuff are you revising for the maths and english tests?

Sorry for late reply. I have an interview for Primary tomorrow. What about you? I have just been going through some of the practice numeracy and literacy online tests and refreshing myself on percentages/decimals/fractions. What other preparation have you done? x
Original post by xxstace123xx
Got an interview this Friday and next Monday, I was just wondering what people wore (trivial issues haha)

I am applying for early years, I want to be comfortable and I have to do a task with year 2 children.

Do you think a just above knee length black dress with a blue print, thick tights, black flats, black blazer would be ok? Or should I stick to shirt and trousers, I just feel so uncomfy and awkward in trousers, I never wear them!

Yep that sounds fine to me. I pretty much wore the same thing (minus the blazer) and I was still the smartest person at the interview. Quite shocking what some people consider appropriate for a job interview!
Original post by elwas22
Hi,

What happens once we accept an offer on ucas? I presume I would receive a welcome letter from the uni. I accepted the offer on the 24th Dec, but I haven't heard anything.

Also ive passed both of my skills test, which where part of the conditions. Would they automatically know or would I need to contact them?

Thanks in advance

Bear in mind that most universities wouldn't have been working over the Christmas period and probably only went back in to work yesterday. It took over a week for my confirmation to come through so no need to panic!

I'm not too sure about the skills tests. A lot of people on here have been asking the same thing. Personally I emailed my course provider to tell them I'd passed (even though they took copies of my test results at the interview) but I assume they have a way to check themselves anyway.
Reply 4394
Hello!

Has anyone had interviews secondary MFL yet, if so, what were they like? Any tips or advice? Could I possibly PM you (I am not sure how much we can say because of the 'NOT FOR SPECIFIC INTERVIEW TASK INSTRUCTIONS')?

I have one this week (on Thursday!) and another sometime in the next two weeks (they gave me a day which I stated I would be unable to attend so I have contacted them, hopefully the day can be changed).

I have received an email saying that there will be a numeracy exercise based on the TA’s Numeracy Skills Test... any tips on what to revise or where I can find information? My maths isn't *too* bad but if there's things like algebra or equations I'd probably fail :s-smilie:!
(edited 10 years ago)
Hi, I have my interview for bishop grosseteste next Friday in the morning. Is anyone else there too? I'm really worried about the presentation, I think it's so vague.. Teach on something you feel confident in? Is that teaching a subject like literacy or numeracy or a talking about an issue in the classroom?
Soo nervous not enough time to prepare!!! X
Original post by andrea199
Is anyone going to be going to st Mary's for primary in sept? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have an interview for there tomorrow! Do you have any advice? x
Has anyone got an interview coming up at Oxford Brookes University for Primary PGCE?
Original post by cinderella25
I also have an interview tomorrow, I actually can't wait for it to be over with!

Where is your interview?

Mine is at St. Mary's in Twickenham

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know I have done hardly any prep today so far :frown: I did a lot yesterday luckily. I can't see much getting done today, I can hardly keep my eyes open. Not in a tired way, I just feel really drained. Majorly need to plan my presentation today though!

Good luck tomorrow. Where is at?

Yeah same! I think we are probably drained. I was up quite late last night preparing too. Mine is for Primary at St. Mary's in Twickenham. What about yours? Good luck for it - let's hope we find some energy from somewhere! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending