The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lucy96
It was a bit awful :lol: won't have done well, it was poorly written. I just remember writing something along the lines of: "Men in The Bloody Chamber desire women solely for sexual pleasure, the blood from taking their virginity representing the blood that seeps from the victims veins once he has brutally murdered her." Seriously, what is wrong with me? :teehee:

Best of luck, you'll do amazing :biggrin: what ones do you have?

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rofl:

Sounds good to me :wink: :mmm:

French and Chemistry AS!:biggrin:

I'm confident, got 20/20 in today's reading practise so :woo:

We shall see! My bobble hat arrived, I'll snapchat it, I wish I was white at times like this :colonhash: it'd look so much better.
Mocks start next week....4 in the first week then two the week after. Oh the joys!
Original post by Ndella
You had mocks too? How were they? :smile:

Not great but it's my own fault, thank you for asking :smile: yourself?
Original post by L'Evil Fish
:rofl:

Sounds good to me :wink: :mmm:

French and Chemistry AS!:biggrin:

I'm confident, got 20/20 in today's reading practise so :woo:

We shall see! My bobble hat arrived, I'll snapchat it, I wish I was white at times like this :colonhash: it'd look so much better.

Hehehe :biggrin:

Ah you'll be absolutely fine then haha :tongue:

Wow, amazing :redface:

Yay, do it! I'm sure it'll look just as good :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy96

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, I'll get As, might revise to get a good mark!

:ahee: sent! Accidentally sent it to others as well :colonhash: (wrong others)
2 hours of practical work done, about 16 more to go...all I did was make up stock solutions for the whole two hours. :indiff:
Reply 9765
Original post by Lucy96

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry about that :frown: didnt you revise? not good, I cried after my History exam, in hindsight I was overreacting lol. But my other one went ok I hope :smile:
Original post by lauraaaaa
I finally got to sleep around four :frown: im hoping the exhaustion overrides the illness tonight to go to sleep cos I can sleep in till like 9 tomorrow! I got the afternoon off though cos my teachers ill and I've come home and gotten straight on with revision with two topics completely done! Feeling so motivated right now, which is good, and so my mocks may not be a complete shambles after all! Hooray! My mood will have completely changed soon though haha. Hope you're feeling better :smile:

I slept about 3-6 in the end, so it wasn't too bad in the end. Well done on the revision though- I had frees this morning and got nothing done at all, so you did a lot bette than me! Are your mocks next week or later on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by danlocke
Are other people being made to pay for retakes this year? At the school where I did my GCSEs, the school paid for them, as did my college last year. This year however they want around £30 each :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

We've always had to pay for retakes and papers back and things. Well at GCSE we weren't allowed retakes at all (they were all linear, anyway) and at A level they have a no retakes policy although in reality we can if we pay :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Well, I'll get As, might revise to get a good mark!

:ahee: sent! Accidentally sent it to others as well :colonhash: (wrong others)

Aren't any As good marks?! :tongue:

Okay I'll check it out :biggrin: hahaha :lol:
Original post by Ndella
Sorry about that :frown: didnt you revise? not good, I cried after my History exam, in hindsight I was overreacting lol. But my other one went ok I hope :smile:

Aww, and I did, but only yesterday. Turns out it isn't easy to memorise loads of quotes from three books :colondollar: aww no way! :frown: I think my reaction will be the same after my history one on Thursday :redface: glad to hear it :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by g.k.galloway
Mocks start next week....4 in the first week then two the week after. Oh the joys!

You have six?! :eek: I only have three, all next week :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by usycool1
University choices! :afraid:

If you're thinking about applying to university and want your choices in the list below, quote this post and I'll add them in for you! :biggrin:

Information you may wish to add:

•

What course you're going to apply for.

•

Your AS subjects (and grades if you like).

•

Your A2 subjects (and predicted/actual grades if you want to).

•

What universities you're thinking of applying to and their decisions (when it comes to that).

University courses

If you'd like to make any changes, just quote me. :h:

Hey!
I've applied for Chemical Engineering
AS:
Maths (A) Further Maths (A) Biology (B) Chemistry (B)
A2:
Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry

Unis:
Manchester, Newcastle, Bath, Imperial College London, Nottingham

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9771
Original post by Occams Chainsaw
I always thought that it would be quite uncomfortable :K: But what do I know - I'm not a girl! :redface:

Or do you mean from a purely aesthetic point of view? Is it the colour, maybe?

Lol I meant free period as in having no lesson
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by zahra_d
OMG this is embarrassing, LOL!!! I meant free period as in having no lesson, LMAO!

:innocent:
Original post by Lucy96
Aren't any As good marks?! :tongue:

Okay I'll check it out :biggrin: hahaha :lol:

Aww, and I did, but only yesterday. Turns out it isn't easy to memorise loads of quotes from three books :colondollar: aww no way! :frown: I think my reaction will be the same after my history one on Thursday :redface: glad to hear it :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:yep: but high ones :colone:
Reply 9774
Original post by Occams Chainsaw
:innocent:

Haha, we refer to them as a 'free period' in my sixth form and thought everybody else would, guess not!

moving swiftly on, lol - what have you applied for?:h:
Reply 9775
Original post by zahra_d
Haha, we refer to them as a 'free period' in my sixth form and thought everybody else would, guess not!

moving swiftly on, lol - what have you applied for?:h:

He knew exactly what you meant, he was joking.
He saw an oppurtunity to trick you and he took it :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9776
Original post by Qari
He knew exactly what you meant, he was joking.
He saw an oppurtunity to trick you and he took it :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol well then by that you can tell how incredibly gullible I am - for instance, my best friend told me that Benedict Cumberbatch was gay and I started madly searching the internet on my phone to find out - when all the while she was laughing her socks off :K:
Original post by furryface12
I slept about 3-6 in the end, so it wasn't too bad in the end. Well done on the revision though- I had frees this morning and got nothing done at all, so you did a lot bette than me! Are your mocks next week or later on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've gotten demotivated so I'm switching subjects for an hour before I'm finished cos it'll be more productive! My mocks are next Tuesday (2), Thursday and Friday but we are off timetable all week so that's good! I don't think im gonna do too well at all but I've managed to narrow down what topics will be on one of my papers because the other class haven't done some of the topics and I've had hints from teachers so if it's any of the past papers online, I have a decent chance of doing okay but who knows. I'm not stressing too much because they don't mean anything but at the same time I'm proper panicking and really don't wanna do badly! My few hours sleep was fine earlier but it's really making me tired now, I'm flagging so bad so gonna stop revising and eight to watch TV hah
Reply 9778
Original post by zahra_d
lol well then by that you can tell how incredibly gullible I am - for instance, my best friend told me that Benedict Cumberbatch was gay and I started madly searching the internet on my phone to find out - when all the while she was laughing her socks off :K:

Her laughing didn't give away the fact that she's lying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BarneyMersich
Hey!
I've applied for Chemical Engineering
AS:
Maths (A) Further Maths (A) Biology (B) Chemistry (B)
A2:
Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry

Unis:
Manchester, Newcastle, Bath, Imperial College London, Nottingham

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by cah846
Hello people! I'm home educated but studying with The Open University...

I'm applying for Physics at UCL, Lancaster, Cardiff, York and Sheffield :smile:

Aaaaaaand I'm still writing my personal statement... :ahhhhh:

Done and done, welcome to the thread both of you. :smile:

Latest