The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1540
Am I right in thinking, 3 A's in A level maths, bio and chem with a 750 UKCAT gives you and score of 59/60 or 60/60 for the undergraduate course (applying a a postgraduate)??
Reply 1541
Original post by acardus
Am I right in thinking, 3 A's in A level maths, bio and chem with a 750 UKCAT gives you and score of 59/60 or 60/60 for the undergraduate course (applying a a postgraduate)??

If you're applying for the A100 course, we'd need to know what you got in your different GCSEs. Having 3 As at A level doesn't give you full academic points by the way. You get 30 for UKCAT though :smile:

Original post by Eljshaw
I got 57/60 with out extenuating circumstances and recieved an invitation for interview today on the 30th
so it definitely looks like 57's are getting interviews, I'd lost all hope!

You've just given many people a lot of good news! Congratulations and good luck!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by arabianshepherd
What's your degree? :smile:

I achieved first class honours in molecular medicine Bsc
Reply 1543
Original post by k1rby
If you're applying for the A100 course, we'd need to know what you got in your different GCSEs. Having 3 As at A level doesn't give you full academic points by the way. You get 30 for UKCAT though :smile:

You've just given many people a lot of good news! Congratulations and good luck!

Why have I? haha

And on the website, if you're applying for the undergraduate course as a postgraduate it was says they take 10 points each for A's at A levels? Gcse's are not counted like students applying in As?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Gracerake
I achieved first class honours in molecular medicine Bsc

What was ur ukcat score if u don't mind me asking. Trying to figure if I will get an interview. I have achieved a first class honours in biomedical science

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1545
has anyone got an offer yet?
Reply 1546
Original post by acardus
Why have I? haha

And on the website, if you're applying for the undergraduate course as a postgraduate it was says they take 10 points each for A's at A levels? Gcse's are not counted like students applying in As?

Oops, I was meant to quote someone else. And aaaah okay that makes sense - then 60/60!
Original post by taike05
has anyone got an offer yet?

I don't think so!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jonnyc
ongrats what was your score! :smile:

My score is 60 and thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by walkers38
If I have only finished my AS, Will I need to get a certified copy? Because in the email they said if you have completed your A Levels....

No you don't need any proof of AS results :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by unnati212
What was ur ukcat score if u don't mind me asking. Trying to figure if I will get an interview. I have achieved a first class honours in biomedical science

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only 692.5 average and I have awful A levels so as long as you have experience you will be fine :smile:
Reply 1551
Original post by richtea5
Hey i've got a score of 57/60 and have an interview for 19th Feb, thought i might be able to put some peeps minds at ease so if you have 57 there is a chance of interview - I'm just guessing but I think they'd have probs looked at personal statement/ situational judgement as well as score/60
best of luck y'all

Congrats :smile: good to see:smile: good luck, what are your stats ?
Reply 1552
Original post by t()m
Congrats :smile: good to see:smile: good luck, what are your stats ?

Thanks yo :smile: i got 5A* and 1 A in the relevent 6 gcses and 702.5 band 1 ukcat. I'm also a reapplicant so I have achieved Alevels AAA but they dont give me ought in extra points
Reply 1553
Original post by richtea5
Thanks yo :smile: i got 5A* and 1 A in the relevent 6 gcses and 702.5 band 1 ukcat. I'm also a reapplicant so I have achieved Alevels AAA but they dont give me ought in extra points

Ok cheers, just wanted to check you weren't been too harsh on yourself and didn't award the bonuses or something else. Did you apply to Leicester last year? And well done again
Reply 1554
Original post by t()m
Ok cheers, just wanted to check you weren't been too harsh on yourself and didn't award the bonuses or something else. Did you apply to Leicester last year? And well done again

hehe fair does :smile: I dont have extenuating circumstances either, yeah i applied last year and got an interview but just missed out on an offer. Hoping I can turn that around this year!!
whenever the first person gets an offer this thread will explode :tongue:
Reply 1556
I'm confused my score is 53 but i have an interview for february. isnt that score low or have i calculated my score wrong?
Original post by swaggy
I'm confused my score is 53 but i have an interview for february. isnt that score low or have i calculated my score wrong?

I think you may have calculated your score wrong, unless there was some sort of extenuating circumstances? What's your ukcat and GCSEs maybe we could help work out your score. You also get bonuses for AS results so maybe you havent counted those?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1558
Original post by swaggy

What are your stats?
Original post by Medicine Boy
whenever the first person gets an offer this thread will explode :tongue:

Technically some people should here by the end of the week...****!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending