The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alabelle
I know some people who have interviews, but they're all at Hull for an undergrad degree in Education and they were told they were guaranteed an interview.

Thankyou! I've just heard I've got an interview at Hull Uni on 22nd Jan.
Original post by Samus2
Rejected without interview from everywhere I applied, feel pretty crappy right now, not sure if it's even worth applying for apply 2.

Don't give up. Can you get in touch with your choices to see why they rejected you? Put in the work in the next few months and see what happens in Apply 2 or even next year?
Reply 4422
Yes I have in the morning.
Original post by MirandaKate
Thankyou! I've just heard I've got an interview at Hull Uni on 22nd Jan.

Congratulations! :smile:
Reply 4424
I didn't realise you could mention where the interview is! I have one for the MFL Durham SCITT on Thursday. Anyone else got an interview there?
Reply 4425
Original post by Samus2
Rejected without interview from everywhere I applied, feel pretty crappy right now, not sure if it's even worth applying for apply 2.

:console: Like others have said, try and get feedback. I'd definitely give apply 2 I go... you won't know if you don't try :hugs:.
Reply 4426
hello ,
any body know around how many people you do the presentation in front of ?(Its for uwe art and design)
Original post by Frances_Parry
I had my interview there in December and got an offer-I got my group making paper butterlies out of origami paper and pipe cleaners so it can be literally anything! doesnt have to be academic at all they were all so different. good luck!

That's great well done! Hopefully I can say the same in a couple of weeks time, how long did it take them to get back to you?
And thanks a lot for that, i wasn't sure whether it had to be a curriculum subject! I got my degree in psychology so I think I'm going to come up with something fun/educational psychology wise.
How long was the individual interview and can you remember what they asked you?
X
hi guys...u all are receiving calls for the interviews..good luck to all...m waiting for something to come up hopefully.:frown:

just a quick question,can anyone tell me how long before do they inform us about the interview date so that we can get some time to prepare for presentation and stuff?? can we change the date if we are unavailable for some reason?? do we have to face a group discussion as well??
Original post by siffatsaad
hi guys...u all are receiving calls for the interviews..good luck to all...m waiting for something to come up hopefully.:frown:

just a quick question,can anyone tell me how long before do they inform us about the interview date so that we can get some time to prepare for presentation and stuff?? can we change the date if we are unavailable for some reason?? do we have to face a group discussion as well??

Hi, I had the email about a week ago and my interview is next Friday. I've only heard back from one of my choices so far so don't worry :smile: and yeh you can change date if you need to! For my interview at lincoln there is a individual interview, group task and we have to give a presentation to the other candidates! Scary stuff!!
X
Have an interview day starting in 45 mins. Feel so sick, my stomach knows how play up when I'm anxious!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4431
I've now got interviews for all three choices - durham, Newcastle and sunderland!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone had an interview at Kingston? I have one for maths but from the email I gather its a mixed subject interview.
There doesn't seem to be any mention of a presentation which I've had to do at my other interviews. Does anyone know if I'll be asked to do one on the day?
Hi, i have been doing the practice literacy and numeracy tests online and i know that on the literacy it says pass or fail but on the maths it just brings up all the questions you got correct or incorrect. how do you know if you pass?
Original post by Katiebarnes1991
Hi, i have been doing the practice literacy and numeracy tests online and i know that on the literacy it says pass or fail but on the maths it just brings up all the questions you got correct or incorrect. how do you know if you pass?

You need 63% to pass, so roughly 18/28 :smile:
I have been rejected from 2 out of my 3 choices for Primary PGCE. Although, my application clearly states that I have the relevant experience of 3 years and running for volunteering in a Primary school. My enthusiasm and passion for the love of teaching is in me and concisely expressed on my personal statement too. However, this doesn't seem to be enough for institutions.

My self-esteem and self-belief that I can become a teacher has dropped six-feet under and now I don't know whether I should continue to pursue a career that is filling my life with rejections.

Is this a sign from somewhere that is saying stop trying to pursue teaching as a career? Although, without a doubt I know I will be able to make learning and education so much fun for young people.

My persistence is running out and I don't know how much defeat I can handle anymore.

Can somebody provide some guidance?
Reply 4436
Hiya! Hope your interview went well yesterday! :smile: not sure what to think of mine - could have gone better but could also have gone a lot worse as well. Preparing for my Leeds one tomorrow. Nerves are kicking back in! x
Reply 4437
Original post by JungleeBilli
I have been rejected from 2 out of my 3 choices for Primary PGCE. Although, my application clearly states that I have the relevant experience of 3 years and running for volunteering in a Primary school. My enthusiasm and passion for the love of teaching is in me and concisely expressed on my personal statement too. However, this doesn't seem to be enough for institutions.

My self-esteem and self-belief that I can become a teacher has dropped six-feet under and now I don't know whether I should continue to pursue a career that is filling my life with rejections.

Is this a sign from somewhere that is saying stop trying to pursue teaching as a career? Although, without a doubt I know I will be able to make learning and education so much fun for young people.

My persistence is running out and I don't know how much defeat I can handle anymore.

Can somebody provide some guidance?

I'm sorry to hear that. It can be very disheartening to be rejected from courses, but the most important thing to remember is that primary is very competitive, so it doesn't mean you shouldn't be a teacher. Make sure to get feedback from both universities, and if you know teaching is what you want to go into then use your existing experience for your remaining place of Apply 2.
Reply 4438
Original post by nimgreen
Hiya! Hope your interview went well yesterday! :smile: not sure what to think of mine - could have gone better but could also have gone a lot worse as well. Preparing for my Leeds one tomorrow. Nerves are kicking back in! x

I've got one at Leeds tmra. For the presentation, do we like go through our folder? Like should I prepare how to present it or just literally show them what I've done and discuss it? I need to practice some maths and some potential questions they might ask. SO NERVOUS esp cos leeds is my first choice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tory88
I'm sorry to hear that. It can be very disheartening to be rejected from courses, but the most important thing to remember is that primary is very competitive, so it doesn't mean you shouldn't be a teacher. Make sure to get feedback from both universities, and if you know teaching is what you want to go into then use your existing experience for your remaining place of Apply 2.

Thank you. If I am rejected from my third choice, I may be fuming :frown:.

Latest

Trending

Trending