The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

:zomg: So close to needing a new thread...I wonder who's gonna make it :colone:
Original post by usycool1
University choices! :afraid:

If you're thinking about applying to university and want your choices in the list below, quote this post and I'll add them in for you! :biggrin:

Information you may wish to add:

What course you're going to apply for.

Your AS subjects (and grades if you like).

Your A2 subjects (and predicted/actual grades if you want to).

What universities you're thinking of applying to and their decisions (when it comes to that).

University courses

If you'd like to make any changes, just quote me. :h:

Hi, never properly posted in here before :smile:
Geography
AS Subjects: Geography, Maths, Chemistry and Spanish (AAAB)
A2 Subjects: Geography, Maths and Chemistry (predicted AAA)
University choices: University of Birmingham, University of Sheffield, University of Nottingham, University of Bristol and University of Leicester :smile: offers from all, most likely to firm either Birmingham or Sheffield (AAB) and insurance is Leicester (unconditional)

Thanksssss :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9802
Original post by stephh_elliott
Hi, never properly posted in here before :smile:
Geography
AS Subjects: Geography, Maths, Chemistry and Spanish (AAAB)
A2 Subjects: Geography, Maths and Chemistry (predicted AAA)
University choices: University of Birmingham, University of Sheffield, University of Nottingham, University of Bristol and University of Leicester :smile: offers from all, most likely to firm either Birmingham or Sheffield (AAB) and insurance is Leicester (unconditional)

Thanksssss :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello & welcome

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9803
Original post by lauraaaaa
Hm! I wish I could get loads of soothers and hold them on the sore part of my throat omg it'd be so nice! It really should be going soon seeing as I've had it for four days now!

Wow. Hopefully it'll be gone by tomorrow :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9804

How many more posts?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I need the honor to make what will probably be the last thread following the year 10 one way back :biggrin: :moon:
Original post by Qari
Hello & welcome

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiiiii :smile: thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9807
Original post by Qari
Wow. Hopefully it'll be gone by tomorrow :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :smile: colds knock me back badly though, they always have done! Always get the full blown cold when someone gets the sniffles, it's a right mare! Gonna buy some Beechams if it's still bad tomorrow
You still have 4 months or so, so of course not!

Are you OK? :frown:

I'm alright now thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Llewellyn
Don't lie on your back, your lower jaw will partially obstruct your airways and this will make breathing more difficult and encourage mouth breathing.

It is optimal to lie down (and sleep) on your left side in a foetal position as this most relaxes the muscles associated with the respiratory system. Also the lung closest to the mattress will be put under higher stress and the left lung has a smaller capacity than the right so this should ensure your breathing does not become to ragged or deep.

Thanks- I've never been able to breathe lying on my back but will try on my side more tonight :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooooh dear! Hope you're okay :smile:
Hm I might try my front, my back makes it horrendous!
My throats like I'm swallowing razor blades right now, I just wanna sleep :frown::frown: I hate being ill!

Aww, hopefully it will go soon, or at least calm down enough for you to be able to sleep for a few hours! Sounds stupid, but does paracetamol or anything help at all?

(There's a reason I'm not applying to medicine btw, I'm not exactly the world's best at what to do with that, just know more about the breathing bits as I have more experience of them :tongue:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

So my mock week is the week before half term.
Original post by keromedic
So my mock week is the week before half term.

That's not too bad- you get plenty of time to catch up and revise before then, and a nice break afterwards before you start stressing out too much about summer exams and cramming frantically for them :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's always nice to know that a 19 year old girl you potentially know has murdered her own mum :frown: for such a small town there's been so many murders. Poor woman :frown:
Original post by Lucy96
It's always nice to know that a 19 year old girl you potentially know has murdered her own mum :frown: for such a small town there's been so many murders. Poor woman :frown:

I watched a video the other day where some guy killed his own mum for insurance money and inheritance stuff. The world is a cruel place.
Original post by furryface12
That's not too bad- you get plenty of time to catch up and revise before then, and a nice break afterwards before you start stressing out too much about summer exams and cramming frantically for them :biggrin:

Indeed :biggrin:
Original post by Lucy96

Oh wow! That's sad.
Was the mother abusive?
Original post by furryface12
Ahh ok, we only have mocks for the modules we've finished (so one for each subject), and not for resits or anything :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lucky! That makes more sense. Our school gives us mocks on what we have done so far. :smile:
Reply 9818
Thanks :smile: colds knock me back badly though, they always have done! Always get the full blown cold when someone gets the sniffles, it's a right mare! Gonna buy some Beechams if it's still bad tomorrow

Unlucky, I only tend to get sniffles

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9819
Original post by Lucy96

Wow, what's wrong with your area?
And in my area nothing remains a secret

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest