The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by furryface12
Aww, hopefully it will go soon, or at least calm down enough for you to be able to sleep for a few hours! Sounds stupid, but does paracetamol or anything help at all?

(There's a reason I'm not applying to medicine btw, I'm not exactly the world's best at what to do with that, just know more about the breathing bits as I have more experience of them :tongue:)

Breathing bits hahaha. I got a bit of sleep but it's a shame I can now go to sleep when I have to get ready for sixth form. I'm going to sixth form for general studies, what a bloody waste of time! I'm feeling even worse today actually haha oh man. Not looking forward to my assembly either, hopefully I don't start choking in it! My friend told me about this beechams all in one liquid that's supposed to clear all the mucus quickly so you can sleep so I might give that a go cos my nose is bleeding from blowing it so much and I can taste blood from coughing, yummy!
Original post by Lucy96
It's always nice to know that a 19 year old girl you potentially know has murdered her own mum :frown: for such a small town there's been so many murders. Poor woman :frown:

In the last half of 2013 we've had a murder down the road from where I live and somebody being held as a slave for six weeks. These things happen everywhere, still sad and incomprehensible though!
Original post by Qari
Unlucky, I only tend to get sniffles

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well aren't you the lucky one haha. Fortunately I don't tend to get other illnesses very often but colds really **** me up
I applied for Accounting and Marketing in Hull and Stirling...and Accounting and Finance in UEA, Heriot-Watt and Swansea...anyone get any offers for these yet?...when did you send yours off?...oh yeah did get an interview in UEA?
Reply 9823
Original post by lauraaaaa
Well aren't you the lucky one haha. Fortunately I don't tend to get other illnesses very often but colds really **** me up

I hardly get ill but if I do I don't tend to notice it.
I'm rarely ill as in when I have to stay at home.

*said the last point last year and a week later I couldn't get out of bed :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BarneyMersich
If you have time, it might be worth showing your personal statement to some academic staff who deal with applications. I know you mentioned you're home schooled, but if you know anyone who's a physics teacher or even someone who applied for the same course as you, it would be really beneficial. I had about 4-5 versions of my statement if not more before I sent it off.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks, I've sent it to my godfather as he works in publications at UCL (formerly in admissions) :biggrin:
Reply 9825
I got my coursework draft for English Language back today and it was only a C/B.
Must go drown myself in my tears now.
: (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
Breathing bits hahaha. I got a bit of sleep but it's a shame I can now go to sleep when I have to get ready for sixth form. I'm going to sixth form for general studies, what a bloody waste of time! I'm feeling even worse today actually haha oh man. Not looking forward to my assembly either, hopefully I don't start choking in it! My friend told me about this beechams all in one liquid that's supposed to clear all the mucus quickly so you can sleep so I might give that a go cos my nose is bleeding from blowing it so much and I can taste blood from coughing, yummy!

In the last half of 2013 we've had a murder down the road from where I live and somebody being held as a slave for six weeks. These things happen everywhere, still sad and incomprehensible though!

Yeah, I didn't know what else to say :lol: And I hate that in assemblies, everyone always looks at you if you start coughing and getting glared at by teachers the whole time. Do you think I'd do it if I could help it?! Not heard of that before, but may as well give it a go and see if it helps! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lialore
I got my coursework draft for English Language back today and it was only a C/B.

It's only a draft, you can push it up. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Lucy96
It's always nice to know that a 19 year old girl you potentially know has murdered her own mum :frown: for such a small town there's been so many murders. Poor woman :frown:

Aww, not nice :frown: Mine's more known for drugs, the nearest big one is awful though- my friend had half a human body in her bin, it used to have the highest teen pregnancy rate in Europe and I know a girl murdered there last year (also know people that knew the murderer...) :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't understand this f325 question ...ImageUploadedByStudent Room1389203861.940030.jpg
On this question in the book it says work out kc and the [o3] is 5x10^-8 and [c2h4] is 1x10^-8 with the rate being 1x10^-12 - I got kc as 2000 but the books says different and I don't get it ... Someone help me
Rate = k[o3][c2h4]

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9830
Original post by Lialore

That's not bad for a first draft.
Why you complaining?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9831
Original post by krishkmistry
Don't understand this f325 question ...ImageUploadedByStudent Room1389203861.940030.jpg
On this question in the book it says work out kc and the [o3] is 5x10^-8 and [c2h4] is 1x10^-8 with the rate being 1x10^-12 - I got kc as 2000 but the books says different and I don't get it ... Someone help me
Rate = k[o3][c2h4]

Posted from TSR Mobile

K=rate/(O3)(C2H4)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qari
K=rate/(O3)(C2H4)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just read that as karate and wondered what on earth you were talking about :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9833
Original post by usycool1
It's only a draft, you can push it up. :smile:

Original post by Qari
That's not bad for a first draft.
Why you complaining?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, but I spent aaaaages on it and thought it was pretty good. I need full marks :P
Original post by Lialore
I know, but I spent aaaaages on it and thought it was pretty good. I need full marks :P

I'd be bummed too if I spent ages on something! Chin up, as long as you know what to improve :biggrin:
Original post by Qari
I hardly get ill but if I do I don't tend to notice it.
I'm rarely ill as in when I have to stay at home.

*said the last point last year and a week later I couldn't get out of bed :biggrin:

Oh I'm not off school, not allowed haha
Original post by furryface12
Yeah, I didn't know what else to say :lol: And I hate that in assemblies, everyone always looks at you if you start coughing and getting glared at by teachers the whole time. Do you think I'd do it if I could help it?! Not heard of that before, but may as well give it a go and see if it helps! :smile:

Hahah! And oh I know, luckily i didn't choke and my sore throat has just about gone :biggrin: reeeeally hoping I can sleep tonight, I can't concentrate on revision because I'm so exhausted yet I can't sleep to relieve it :frown: If I can sleep then I can power on with some revision this weekend! I'm gonna have to tell the charity shop that I help out in on Fridays that I can't help out this week because I really need to revise, which is a shame because I enjoy it!
Reply 9836
Oh I'm not off school, not allowed haha

reeeeally hoping I can sleep tonight, I can't concentrate on revision because I'm so exhausted yet I can't sleep to relieve it :frown: If I can sleep then I can power on with some revision this weekend!

I know what you mean, I always have to go.school.

And forgive me for this next comment/joke

If you need help getting to sleep, I'm more than willing to offer my services. :wink: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9837
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I'd be bummed too if I spent ages on something! Chin up, as long as you know what to improve :biggrin:

Just found out my friend got into Oxford though so that's cheered me up :biggrin:
Reply 9838
Original post by Lialore
Just found out my friend got into Oxford though so that's cheered me up :biggrin:

Tell her/him congrats.
And I understand what you're saying but you should be happy that you have time to improve it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody have a revision body clock? I always revise in every free I have in school, which (especially towards the end of the week) can average around 3-4 hours of free time that I use to revise. I've been revising in my lessons today as well, as teachers were off / let us revise. However, despite of having nearly a full day of revision at school, I feel like I need to do more but my brain physically can't do it after 4pm, I'm more of a morning person.

Do you think it'll be okay for me to take evenings off when I spend the entire morning and afternoon working, or is there any way to get my brain to focus in the evening?

Latest