The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by krishkmistry
Don't understand this f325 question ...ImageUploadedByStudent Room1389203861.940030.jpg
On this question in the book it says work out kc and the [o3] is 5x10^-8 and [c2h4] is 1x10^-8 with the rate being 1x10^-12 - I got kc as 2000 but the books says different and I don't get it ... Someone help me
Rate = k[o3][c2h4]

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your answer looks fine to me :yy:
Reply 9841
Original post by AmyAintDead
Does anybody have a revision body clock? I always revise in every free I have in school, which (especially towards the end of the week) can average around 3-4 hours of free time that I use to revise. I've been revising in my lessons today as well, as teachers were off / let us revise. However, despite of having nearly a full day of revision at school, I feel like I need to do more but my brain physically can't do it after 4pm, I'm more of a morning person.

Do you think it'll be okay for me to take evenings off when I spend the entire morning and afternoon working, or is there any way to get my brain to focus in the evening?

sounds good to me. You can't expect to be able to work 24/7. But I am a procrastinator so maybe not take mine into.consideration.
And how were your holidays? Was your knowldege better after taking a day break?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lauraaaaa
Oh I'm not off school, not allowed haha

Hahah! And oh I know, luckily i didn't choke and my sore throat has just about gone :biggrin: reeeeally hoping I can sleep tonight, I can't concentrate on revision because I'm so exhausted yet I can't sleep to relieve it :frown: If I can sleep then I can power on with some revision this weekend! I'm gonna have to tell the charity shop that I help out in on Fridays that I can't help out this week because I really need to revise, which is a shame because I enjoy it!

Well if you managed to sleep a bit last night then hopefully tonight will be even better :biggrin: I was a bit like that last night (with the exhausted but unable to sleep part) but then I went completely hyper for half an hour or so and then fell asleep when I was on the kind of 'down' following that- slept the best I had in ages! How long do you help at the charity shop for? Maybe do that but then come straight back in and revise afterwards if it's not too long?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qari
sounds good to me. You can't expect to be able to work 24/7. But I am a procrastinator so maybe not take mine into.consideration.
And how were your holidays? Was your knowldege better after taking a day break?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heh, I work best in the morning but all my friends seem to be evening students which I can't understand because I walk into my house at 4pm ready to crash.

Agree with the article wholeheartedly. I found that swapping subjects every day seems to help me a lot more than hinder, but saying that, I've had some remarkable cramming miracles, such as my Additional Maths GCSE and my PH1 turnaround...
Reply 9845
Heh, I work best in the morning but all my friends seem to be evening students which I can't understand because I walk into my house at 4pm ready to crash.

Agree with the article wholeheartedly. I found that swapping subjects every day seems to help me a lot more than hinder, but saying that, I've had some remarkable cramming miracles, such as my Additional Maths GCSE and my PH1 turnaround...

I'm a 50/50 student i feel better at different times each day
You never mentioned how were your holidays?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BlossomS
Hey! :biggrin: OCR A for the sciences but Edexcel for Maths - what about you? And what have you applied for? :smile:

AQA for the sciences and OCR for maths! I thought we might have at least one the same! :P Chemistry, you?
Original post by Qari
I'm a 50/50 student i feel better at different times each day
You never mentioned how were your holidays?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, sorry, I just realised! I had a lovely holiday, thanks, was a good balance between work and relaxing. The best had to be last Friday where I had like 4 hours sleep, did revision from 11-5 and then went to a party and came home at 1am, so I haven't exactly been suffering with all this revision, hah! How was your hols?
Reply 9848
Yeah, sorry, I just realised! I had a lovely holiday, thanks, was a good balance between work and relaxing. The best had to be last Friday where I had like 4 hours sleep, did revision from 11-5 and then went to a party and came home at 1am, so I haven't exactly been suffering with all this revision, hah! How was your hols?

Ok, it was a well needed break from school/college.
Haha that's good, thought you'd never take a break :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qari
I know what you mean, I always have to go.school.

And forgive me for this next comment/joke

If you need help getting to sleep, I'm more than willing to offer my services. :wink: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I was actually dying my parents would still send me haha.
Urrrrrm, I'll try my beechams thanks ahah
Original post by furryface12
Well if you managed to sleep a bit last night then hopefully tonight will be even better :biggrin: I was a bit like that last night (with the exhausted but unable to sleep part) but then I went completely hyper for half an hour or so and then fell asleep when I was on the kind of 'down' following that- slept the best I had in ages! How long do you help at the charity shop for? Maybe do that but then come straight back in and revise afterwards if it's not too long?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gonna try this beechams thing I bought earlier today just before bed and see what happens :smile: I could have cried last night I was so frustrated at not being able to sleep and my throat being so raw. Luckily my throats better now so should be fine :smile: I help out straight after sixth form from 1-5:30 but my parents take me to the local coffee shop for tea afterwards so it ends up being like half seven by the time I come back home. I know I don't have to go to out with them but they come to meet me and I adore costas peach lemonades ahah so Im thinking I can go with them to costa if I've done revision in the afternoon when I'd normally be in the charity shop!
Reply 9851
Original post by lauraaaaa
If I was actually dying my parents would still send me haha.
Urrrrrm, I'll try my beechams thanks ahah

So would mine, education.is everything to them.at times it does my head in.
:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9852
Would anyone consider this.

https://track.ucas.com/FrequentlyAskedQuestions?questionReference=5_00190

Got bored of seeing no more replied that I started reading FAQ

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qari
Ok, it was a well needed break from school/college.
Haha that's good, thought you'd never take a break :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very good! :biggrin:
6 hours of labwork tomorrow... :sigh:
Reply 9855
Original post by usycool1

Either you guys started late or we did early- already on analysis and finished lab work 2 weeks before Xmas :biggrin: count yourself lucky, we did 8-5!! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9856

Are you OCR or Salters?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
Either you guys started late or we did early- already on analysis and finished lab work 2 weeks before Xmas :biggrin: count yourself lucky, we did 8-5!! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You on Salters too? :sad:

I'm doing 8 to 5 next Tuesday :tongue:
Original post by Qari
Are you OCR or Salters?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Salters is part of OCR :tongue: But I'm doing OCR Salters, yeah. :smile:
Reply 9859
You on Salters too? :sad:

I'm doing 8 to 5 next Tuesday :tongue:

Indeed I am :smile: much would have preferred last years isa's again :tongue: