The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Are King's still giving out interviews? Not very optimistic about my chances right now.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Pedro H
I had mine on the 10th too. Nope I haven't heard either.

Original post by Pedro H
I had mine on the 10th too. Nope I haven't heard either.

Original post by Tinck1234
I was on the 10th too, haven't heard!

Me neither :frown:
Original post by Konflict
Are King's still giving out interviews? Not very optimistic about my chances right now.

They go all the way til March! You've still got ages to hear back, don't worry :smile:
Original post by emmmalou
I haven't even had that yet! Was it on your portal? And when did you get it haha?

What time was your interview? :smile:

Don't worry about that, it was just a confirmation saying 'thanks for uploading your ID and certificates, we have added them to your application', so nothing important :tongue: I got it on my portal a few days ago.

My interview was 4pm I think, how about you? :smile:
I'm sick of continuously checking King's Portal for any signs of an interview.

Really wish they'd just reject me already and get it over and done with.
.... I'm actually praying for a rejection now, that's how sick I am of them!
Reply 1885
Original post by Dandaman9999
Don't worry about that, it was just a confirmation saying 'thanks for uploading your ID and certificates, we have added them to your application', so nothing important :tongue: I got it on my portal a few days ago.

My interview was 4pm I think, how about you? :smile:

Ohh okay, I was worried for a while there!

Mine was in the morning, 10.20 I think.

Who was your's with? And how did you think it went?
I thought mine went quite well at the time, but I've had so many doubts since haha!
Hi buddy! Yes, I received an interview earlier this week about an interview on the 20th! I'm an international though, so I'm not sure if they might be getting us out the way before they restart home applicants? Really scared for the interview though! :frown:
Original post by emmmalou
Ohh okay, I was worried for a while there!

Mine was in the morning, 10.20 I think.

Who was your's with? And how did you think it went?
I thought mine went quite well at the time, but I've had so many doubts since haha!

I had the two men? One just had a straight face and didn't smile the whole time which made me quite nervous haha! I thought my interview went ok, but it could have been a lot better... just hoping the rest of my application and the good things I said get me through! :tongue:
Reply 1888
Just got an email saying that something had changed on my portal... Went to see what it was and it was an email that I had already opened from this morning - nothing important, nothing life-changing, definitely no outcome from the interview...
King's, you've succeeded in giving me a mini heart attack... again. Oooh, stop it, you :P
Original post by Dandaman9999
I had the two men? One just had a straight face and didn't smile the whole time which made me quite nervous haha! I thought my interview went ok, but it could have been a lot better... just hoping the rest of my application and the good things I said get me through! :tongue:

Hey! i had two men also. One also had the straight face as well like you described.
Reply 1890
Original post by Ambitions
I'm sick of continuously checking King's Portal for any signs of an interview.

Really wish they'd just reject me already and get it over and done with.
.... I'm actually praying for a rejection now, that's how sick I am of them!

Woe wait... there's a kings portal? if you don't mind me asking, did Kings let you know about it in an email? I wasn't aware of this :frown:
Original post by vee_19
Woe wait... there's a kings portal? if you don't mind me asking, did Kings let you know about it in an email? I wasn't aware of this :frown:

oh dear!!

CHECK NOW:
myapplication.kcl.ac.uk
Original post by TheRedPineapple
Hey! i had two men also. One also had the straight face as well like you described.

Yeah, it was not my best ever interview with them, but hopefully the lack of expression could be just to not give anything away, and not me boring the living daylight out of them haha! I tried to be funny but apparently only one of them cared :tongue:
Reply 1893
Hi all! I've got an interview on the 15th and I'm dead nervous since I've already had two preinterview rejections.. :frown: Anyway, I'm really confused about how to prepare for this interview, can somebody please give me any tips? Any help will be highly appreciated! Thanks and good luck for your applications!
Original post by vee_19

The only reason I knew Kings relied solely on portal was because of stalking on this thread! Hope you didn't miss your potential interview :s-smilie: really wish they made it more clearer about the significance of portal though!
Reply 1895
oh dear!!

CHECK NOW:
myapplication.kcl.ac.uk

When you send your application via ucas, kings email you with a password for the portal, your username is your ucas ID. If they send you any interview or post interview offer its done through here. There's usually a deadline to accept the interview so please check your portal. :smile:
Reply 1896
The only reason I knew Kings relied solely on portal was because of stalking on this thread! Hope you didn't miss your potential interview :s-smilie: really wish they made it more clearer about the significance of portal though!

Oh darn it... don't they email you to your own email?! how did you get yours set up? omygosh, I'm panicking as if I stand even a small chance of getting an interview :')
Reply 1897
Original post by vee_19
Oh darn it... don't they email you to your own email?! how did you get yours set up? omygosh, I'm panicking as if I stand even a small chance of getting an interview :')

Check all your previous emails from kings, they would have gave you all the info plus the link in there. :smile:
Original post by vee_19

nope! They only notify you through portal as far as I'm aware...

and they sent an email quite a while back when they first received my application with instructions on how to make an account. Look for it in your email inbox, it should be there!

and honestly, I'm panicking for you! Hope you didn't miss your interview or anything.. contact them tomorrow to find out if you have? :s-smilie:

On the bright side, it's good that you found out now rather than later? (...what a feeble attempt to cheer you up..) Best of luck!!
Reply 1899
Original post by HHaris14
Check all your previous emails from kings, they would have gave you all the info plus the link in there. :smile:

nope! They only notify you through portal as far as I'm aware...

and they sent an email quite a while back when they first received my application with instructions on how to make an account. Look for it in your email inbox, it should be there!

and honestly, I'm panicking for you! Hope you didn't miss your interview or anything.. contact them tomorrow to find out if you have? :s-smilie:

On the bright side, it's good that you found out now rather than later? (...what a feeble attempt to cheer you up..) Best of luck!!

I was such an idiot! I didn't read the email they sent me confirming my application and about the portal because I'd got an unconditional and was as high as a kite! I found it finally! Yh nothing's changed... not sure if that's a good thing :')
Thanks guys!

Quick Reply

Latest