The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3720
Original post by gracelich
Yes, it would be the best birthday present haha. I wouldn't worry that your friend got an offer early... No news is good news. They give decisions out in waves, so maybe your offer will be in the next one.

Good luck too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, let's hold on the idea of no news is good news!!!

Nothing can be done but waiting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Anyone firming LSE for Law? Is there an LSE firmer thread yet?
Reply 3722
I applied on the 2nd of January. Today got an email stating that in 2 weeks time I'll be notified about my application status. So in next 2 weeks I should get a decision as well as you guys who applied earlier or they are very likely to postpone whole process and tell me that I am among the strong candidates etc... and next few weeks of waiting then? (assuming that I wouldn't reject me, which could obviously happen :biggrin:)
Original post by QuestionsQ

I will be firming LSE for Law!

I will if I get rejected from my other 3 universities!
Original post by ChangeOurWorld
I will if I get rejected from my other 3 universities!

Where else did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3726
anybody got english requirements? since lse is no longer taking igcse english first language do we have to take ielts instead?
Original post by paperclip345
Where else did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oxford (hopefully hear back tomorrow)
UCL
KCL
QMUL (offer but I'd much rather go to LSE!)
Original post by paperclip345
I will be firming LSE for Law!

Wooo, exciting times!
Oxford (hopefully hear back tomorrow)
UCL
KCL
QMUL (offer but I'd much rather go to LSE!)

You'd choose UCL and KCL over LSE? Interesting.
You'd choose UCL and KCL over LSE? Interesting.

I don't know yet. I'd choose UCL over LSE because I fell in love with it. I need to look into KCL more and the prestige of it in comparison to LSE.
I don't know yet. I'd choose UCL over LSE because I fell in love with it. I need to look into KCL more and the prestige of it in comparison to LSE.

Ah I see, that's fair enough. Sometimes you do just get that immediate attraction to a place.

Well - I'm so glad I've finished with UCAS now, such a relief.

Been talking to a few friends at LSE, most of them aren't having a good time compared to the folks over at UCL. Kind of regretting I firmed LSE. Oh well :redface:.
Original post by abhiksetia
Been talking to a few friends at LSE, most of them aren't having a good time compared to the folks over at UCL. Kind of regretting I firmed LSE. Oh well :redface:.

I think uni experience is a personal thing: if you're convinced you won't like it you probably won't :tongue:, anyway LSE trumps UCL for reputation and if you like the course that will make it enjoyable :biggrin:
Original post by smile:D
I think uni experience is a personal thing: if you're convinced you won't like it you probably won't :tongue:, anyway LSE trumps UCL for reputation and if you like the course that will make it enjoyable :biggrin:

A couple of these people were/are really sociable folks and aren't doing what are considered some of the more time consuming courses like econ or law and aren't having a great time,so I'm definitely a bit worried. I'll obviously try to make the most of it though, hopefully it won't be too bad :redface:.

Also, in many subject areas, I wouldn't say LSE is significantly more reputed than UCL, maybe internationally, but not in the UK imo.
Reply 3735
Original post by CG1012
Only offer i've got is from Bath so far, and just got a rejection from Cambridge. Putting my eggs in LSE's basket now...though I'm not expecting their reply until late January...jealous of all the people who've heard back already!

In a similar boat, screwed up my LNAT which may have been one of the reasons I got an Oxford rejection, meaning that Kings is less likely to take me, with LSE being the only university I'd like to go to that doesn't need LNAT results I really need an offer from them

This is my predicament too. I have LSE and UCL offers but I'll probably firm LSE (still waiting on KCL!)
Reply 3737
Original post by mm14
In a similar boat, screwed up my LNAT which may have been one of the reasons I got an Oxford rejection, meaning that Kings is less likely to take me, with LSE being the only university I'd like to go to that doesn't need LNAT results I really need an offer from them

I have a friend who did that too. King's is taking ages to reply...

Good luck with LSE; I know how you feel. After Cambridge's rejection, I don't know how my app will turn out...would LSE be less likely to give an offer? It'd honestly be the only thing that would put me at ease...right now, everything's so uncertain :s-smilie:
Reply 3738
Hi,

Has anyone heard from the IR and History course ?
Reply 3739
i wish LSE would hurry and reply :frown: my 4 weeks end tomorrow

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending