The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

MMU Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sarah96c
Im thinking of Briarsfield Halls, as in Oxford halls you can only have 3-4 people in aflat so if i got three i think that might be a little too small. Whereas Briasfield is practically the same but you can have 3-7 so might be a bit more lively. Both the halls you've looked at look lovely though!

Yeah, I would like to share a flat with 3-5 people, it would be perfect, your choice sounds good :h:
If I was going to have a premium ensuite (which I'm keen on, looks spacious and I get very panicky about small rooms) is 119 a week, it's a chunk out my budget but I'd rather not have booze and have a lovely room
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 141
Original post by Sarah96c
25 isnt old, you shouldn't worry about that:smile:

I'm fully aware 25 is not remotely old, but when you think back to how you were when you were 18 and how you are when you are 25, it is rather different. I can't imagine myself getting totally pished everynight with the 18 year olds.
Reply 142
Original post by nicole1234444
25 isn't old , you should move into student accommodation , there will probably be a range of ages In there

yeah, your defo right, thats what Im gonna do! cant wait!
Reply 143
Original post by laurenatlantic
Yeah, I would like to share a flat with 3-5 people, it would be perfect, your choice sounds good :h:
If I was going to have a premium ensuite (which I'm keen on, looks spacious and I get very panicky about small rooms) is 119 a week, it's a chunk out my budget but I'd rather not have booze and have a lovely room

Well thats fair enough, if you're going to be living there for a year its best to be comfortable:smile:
I've applied for BA Tourism Management but having to stay in Private Halls because I live in Manchester anyone else staying in Private Halls in September 2014?
Reply 145
Original post by JessIK1995
I've applied for BA Tourism Management but having to stay in Private Halls because I live in Manchester anyone else staying in Private Halls in September 2014?

Im considering private halls, purely cause they look better quality from what ive seen and some are in better locations ...
Reply 146
Original post by jamie247
Ive applied to do Advertising and Brand Managment, my ucas was sent off today! I love the sound of it and i love the look of manchester nightlife! Im going to the open day on the 30th of Nov :smile:

ive applied for that too:smile: they gave me a conditional offer!
Original post by njharan22
Im considering private halls, purely cause they look better quality from what ive seen and some are in better locations ...

Yeah agreed, I've been looking at Cosmo Students on Denmark Road, and Wilmslow Park
Reply 148
Received a conditional offer to study Public Relations and Marketing! :smile:
Original post by Theatre
Received a conditional offer to study Public Relations and Marketing! :smile:

Congrats! This is one of the courses I am about to send my application off for!
Reply 150
Got my offer to study Computing :smile:
I'm 22, so I guess I'm a mature student too haha.
I have no idea what the best halls to stay in are?!
Reply 151
Original post by j0seph
Got my offer to study Computing :smile:
I'm 22, so I guess I'm a mature student too haha.
I have no idea what the best halls to stay in are?!

if your looking at going private sanctuary-students.com has some excellent accommodation.
Reply 152
Original post by njharan22
if your looking at going private sanctuary-students.com has some excellent accommodation.

Would you say Private is better?
Reply 153
Conditional offer received to study Speech & language at MMU!

I've been round most of the halls (except the new ones they're currently building!) and I liked Cambridge Hall 10 room accommodation the best, just had such a good atmosphere.

I was originally looking for ensuite accommodation, but now decided against that as I wasn't that impressed with what was on offer for the price.

Cavenish halls is a NO from me.
Reply 154
Original post by AmbaLaBamba
Congrats! This is one of the courses I am about to send my application off for!

Thank you! Good luck, I hope you get in! :smile: Is Manchester one of your top choices?
Original post by Theatre
Thank you! Good luck, I hope you get in! :smile: Is Manchester one of your top choices?

Yes it is, so fingers crossed!

The open day seemed to put it in a great light!
Reply 156
Original post by AmbaLaBamba
Yes it is, so fingers crossed!

The open day seemed to put it in a great light!

Ah I have to admit I haven't been to visit! It's definitely not going to be my firm choice but may be my insurance!
Original post by Theatre
Ah I have to admit I haven't been to visit! It's definitely not going to be my firm choice but may be my insurance!

It's a huge place, really nice :smile:
I've not been offered yet but then again I did literally just apply last week (had other offers though!). I've applied for human geog and ecology/conservation and I am a mature student (currently 22, will be 23 when the time comes). I visited the University November time ish and thought it was really great. We did look at the accommodation, I wasn't overly impressed I will admit but it was okay. I'd say Briarfields and Victoria were the best of the ones we looked at but I might consider something private, I would prefer a bigger flat 3-4 people didn't really seem like enough but has to be ensuite, that's a big thing for me.
Reply 159
Got my offer to study Tourism Management!! :rolleyes:
anybody else applied for this course?
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending