The Student Room Group

A2 English Literature coursework-quotes

I'm currently in the process of writing my A2 English literature coursework comparing the way the struggles of adolescence are presented in The Bell Jar and The Catcher in the Rye.
I wanted to use a quote describing these struggles in my title to make it easier to argue for and against thereby aiding the structure of my essay, but I'm having some trouble finding an appropriate quote.

A short sentence that encapsulates this would help a lot! Something like... [insert name] once said that "Adolescence is a time of confusion and isolation" to what extent is this true in the bell jar and the Catcher in the Rye? This should hopefully make it clear exactly what I'm arguing.

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 1
I've been searching for you but I can't find any!

You could just phrase your title like this:

"Adolescence is a time of confusion and isolation". To what extent is this true of TBJ and Catcher in the Rye?

You don't really need to specify who said the quote. In fact, if you make up the quote yourself, you can tailor it to your essay. For example, if you began writing and really found yourself going off tangent, you could adjust your title quote to match. Good luck! I've just finished my own coursework and it was a loooong job
Reply 2
Original post by Taliahart
I've been searching for you but I can't find any!

You could just phrase your title like this:

"Adolescence is a time of confusion and isolation". To what extent is this true of TBJ and Catcher in the Rye?

You don't really need to specify who said the quote. In fact, if you make up the quote yourself, you can tailor it to your essay. For example, if you began writing and really found yourself going off tangent, you could adjust your title quote to match. Good luck! I've just finished my own coursework and it was a loooong job

Thank you for replying.
I know, I pretty much spent a whole day looking for something, but I think I'm just going to make up my own quote like you suggested! :smile: what did you do yours on?
Reply 3
I love The Bell Jar, it's such a fab book!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Student_27
I love The Bell Jar, it's such a fab book!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know it's amazing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending