The Student Room Group

Squats and Scooby Snacks

Scroll to see replies

That feel when my opinion had been valid for over a year.

I think steroids = cheating is a common thought amongst most people. Regular gym goers know it's not that simple but the general public doesn't...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Motorbiker
That feel when my opinion had been valid for over a year.

I think steroids = cheating is a common thought amongst most people. Regular gym goers know it's not that simple but the general public doesn't...

Posted from TSR Mobile

The "cheating" thing always amuses me, as it's really easy to rip their whole 'argument' apart. My response is simply 'how am I cheating?', given that I don't play competitive sport, or compete at all, let alone in tested competitions. To say recreational steroid use is cheating is pretty illogical, and you can use the 'logic' that it is, to class lots of things as cheating.

Steroid use to get the body you desire is cheating - Rely on your natural hormones

Wearing make-up to get the facial appearance you desire is cheating - Rely on your natural completion

Using hair gel to get the hairstyle you desire is cheating. - Rely on your natural hairstyle

Wearing aftershave/perfume is cheating - Rely on your natural smell.

We should all walk natural; dirty, naked and smelly, but at least we would be natural :colone:
Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo

The "cheating" thing always amuses me, as it's really easy to rip their whole 'argument' apart. My response is simply 'how am I cheating?', given that I don't play competitive sport, or compete at all, let alone in tested competitions. To say recreational steroid use is cheating is pretty illogical, and you can use the 'logic' that it is, to class lots of things as cheating.

Steroid use to get the body you desire is cheating - Rely on your natural hormones

Wearing make-up to get the facial appearance you desire is cheating - Rely on your natural completion

Using hair gel to get the hairstyle you desire is cheating. - Rely on your natural hairstyle

We should all walk natural; dirty, naked and smelly, but at least we would be natural :colone:

An even easier comparison is 'creatine is cheating'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RollerBall

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is. Even I don't use creatine. I have some morals...

Just to provide a little bit of discussion...

Steroid use is different to the above. Do any of the above examples you gave come with unavoidable side effects?

:colondollar:
Original post by commandant
Just to provide a little bit of discussion...

Steroid use is different to the above. Do any of the above examples you gave come with unavoidable side effects?

:colondollar:

For the women in Nottingham, wearing make-up comes with the unavoidable side effect of looking like they have been bukkaked by a box of Crayola.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wednesday 8th January 2014

Finally joined the 1000lb club.

Chest/Shoulders/Triceps

Chest:

Barbell bench press -
105kg X 10(PB), 8
80kg X 8, 5
60kg X 10, 8

Incline barbell bench press -
60kg X 12, 9, 9, 8, 8, 6

80kg and 60kg sets were slow and controlled on the negative with a 1 second sink into the chest for a stretch.

Shoulders:

Hammer press -
60kg X 6
40kg X 10, 8

Dumbbell lateral raise -
10kg X 12, 9, 7

Dumbbell seated lateral raise -
7.5kg X 12, 9

One arm dumbbell lateral raise (holding onto bench and leaning slightly forward)
7.5kg X 13, 11

Triceps:

Close grip bench press (smith machine) -
40kg X 11, 8

Skullcrushers -
EZ bar + 30kg X 6
EZ bar + 20kg X 8, 6, 5, 4* 4*
*super-setted with close grip bench press
EZ bar + 20kg X 8, 5
Reply 307
omg your ripped
Original post by Padwas
omg your ripped

I'm not, I'm a little chubby at the minute. :frown:

I like 'em curvy. :colone:
Reply 310

compared to most your like hulk:cool:
Original post by Alpha brah
I like 'em curvy. :colone:

Real men have curves.

1486792_10152131232259629_1217326495_n.jpg
Real men have curves.

1486792_10152131232259629_1217326495_n.jpg

Dat hairy chest though :coma: Typing comment with one hand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md95eaQ9ZiI&t=1m2s
Original post by Alpha brah
Dat hairy chest though :coma: Typing comment with one hand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md95eaQ9ZiI&t=1m2s

"pluck your ****ing eyebrows" top lols.
Original post by RollerBall

Posted from TSR Mobile

that's because creatine is actually a drug. I know it's not "cheating", but eveyrone who take creatine is not natty, and are ****ing deluding themselves by thinking they're natty.
Original post by HFerguson
that's because creatine is actually a drug. I know it's not "cheating", but eveyrone who take creatine is not natty, and are ****ing deluding themselves by thinking they're natty.

Jason Blaha always has good videos on deluded "natties" who use creatine.
Thursday 9th January 2014

Back/Traps/Biceps

Back:

Barbell row -
Small barbell(10-15kg??) + 80kg X 10, 8

High hammer row -
80kg X 12, 8, 6

Close grip lat pulldown -
65kg X 10, 8, 7, 6

Seated row -
40kg X 12, 10, 9
50kg X 8, 7, 6

Traps:

Machine shrugs -
160kg X 10, 8
120kg X 12, 10
80kg X 15, 12

Biceps:

EZ curls -
EZ bar + 20kg X 10, 8

Dumbbell hammer curls -
10kg X 10, 8

Incline dumbbell curls -
8kg X 10, 8

Not the greatest workout overall. I got a killer lower back pump after the second set of barbell rows, which really threw a spanner in the works. Session intensity went to **** as a result, as I had to spend 3-4 minutes between sets trying to stretch out/find angles to lean at that took the strain off my lower back. I really need a belt, and I really need to get my underlying back issues fixed, it's starting to spread leaves all over the tracks of the gain train.

In others news, I'm starting to dig the bald + beard look. Pictures will be uploaded in due course when my beard is a little more respectable.
I'm picturing you just now as an aesthetic Walter White

Posted from TSR Mobile
Scooby, look at me, you are a blow fish.

What?

A blow fish, think about it. Small in stature, not swift, not cunning, easy prey for predators, but the blow fish has a secret weapon, doesn't he? Doesn't he? What does the blow fish do, Scooby? What does the blow fish do?

I don't even know what...

The blow fish juices up, okay? The blow fish juices himself up four, five times larger than normal but why? Why does he do that? Because it makes him intimidating, that's why. Intimidating so that the other scarier fish are scared off and that's you. You are a blow fish. Don't you see? It's just all, all an illusion. It's nothing but juice. Now, who messes with the blow fish, Scooby?

Nobody.

You're damn right.

I'm a blow fish.

You are a blow fish. Say it again.

A blow fish!

Say it like you mean it!

I'M A BLOW FISH! BLOW FISH! YEEEAAAH! BLOW FISHIN' THIS UP!
I am the one who curls.

I have a similar hat to his somewhere, I must find it.

One day I shall look like this:

Quick Reply

Latest