Original post by Atkins
Congratulations!!!
A*AA??

Thank you, and yep!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by theCreator
thanks!

It's just the standard A*AA offer :smile:

Congratulations!! :biggrin: :biggrin: I don't think it will ever set in...

Wadham :smile:

Aw, Wadham is beautiful! You'll love it there :smile: Theresa May went to St Hughes, that's about all the information I have at the minute :biggrin:
Original post by peasandcarrots
Aw, Wadham is beautiful! You'll love it there :smile: Theresa May went to St Hughes, that's about all the information I have at the minute :biggrin:

I'm really happy they ended up giving me an offer, thinking about some of the laughable mistakes I made, I didn't think I really had a huge chance.

You must be ecstatic though!! I'm sure you'll like St Hugh's anyway, I wouldn't mind going to any college tbh.
Original post by theCreator
I'm really happy they ended up giving me an offer, thinking about some of the laughable mistakes I made, I didn't think I really had a huge chance.

You must be ecstatic though!! I'm sure you'll like St Hugh's anyway, I wouldn't mind going to any college tbh.

Me neither, at all! I didn't know that ln(1)=0, it was a shattering moment as a further mathematician... But bounced back apparently! And no, college choice was the least of my worries. Just make sure I don't miss that offer now!
got an oxford offer :smile:
well done to all you others above me who also did :biggrin:
and to those of you with rejections - there are plenty of other fab unis for chem - oxford doesn't even have the best facilities unfortunately!!
best of luck to everybody with their applications x
Original post by cube123
Rejection from Oxford :frown:

Oxford don't let their students to industrial placements-unless you are dead set on an academic career you will be better off elsewhere anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1306
Original post by Midlander
Oxford don't let their students to industrial placements-unless you are dead set on an academic career you will be better off elsewhere anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not dead set on an academic career and I'm planning on going to Oxford :frown:
Reply 1307
I got one too… from Keble!!! I am ecstatic - the shock factor still hasn't worn off! :smile:
Well done to everyone who got offers! And there are definitely some fantastic other unis in the UK- some with even better labs and opportunities (i.e. travel/industry). Good luck with all your decisions regarding unis and those all important summer exams!! :smile:
Reply 1308
Original post by Gotzz
I'm not dead set on an academic career and I'm planning on going to Oxford :frown:

You don't need to go into academia to have a good time as a chemistry student at Oxford. And at any rate, it's too early to know what you'll be looking to do in four years time!
Reply 1309
Original post by BJack
You don't need to go into academia to have a good time as a chemistry student at Oxford. And at any rate, it's too early to know what you'll be looking to do in four years time!

Thank you :smile:
Keble Chemistry wooo! Anyone else get a phone call?
Reply 1311
Original post by tintinstutts
Keble Chemistry wooo! Anyone else get a phone call?

Hi Tintin!!! I'll PM you with my name but we met at interviews and congratulations! I got a phone call too :biggrin:
Original post by henryt9956
The 22nd I think mine is, my Ucl interview is 11th feb also. I'm going to focus on some AS stuff and some A2 also, someone went for physics and they said it was informal and not too intensely physics related! Not sure if it will be same for chem!! Any tips for UCL?

Original post by hahmed2080
Lol we have the same dates for Birmingham and UCL so I'm not really sure what tips to give for UCL except go over your personal statement I guess. I'll see you there just look out for the girl who's having a nervous breakdown in the corner (I kid :tongue:). Did UCL ask to give a passport sized photo of yourself?

for the love of god, revise your A2 stuff, and go over AS as well. I made a complete div of myself with VSEPR in my interview. How i got an offer from them, I will never know. I assume she put my awful answers down to being sleep deprived (I'd been up since 4am, got the train at 6 to be in London by 9.30, then had to leg it to UCL) and really anxious.

Original post by BJack

^^ This. I'm in second year and most of my coursemates don't have a clue. Some of us have vague ideas what we might want to do afterwards.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by .snowflake.
I made a complete div of myself with VSEPR in my interview.

VSEPR isn't even in my A Level course! :dontknow:
Original post by lizz-ie
VSEPR isn't even in my A Level course! :dontknow:

Isn't it O_o! Although, I'll admit, only 6 in my year of 120 here had heard of Markovnikov's rule...
Isn't it O_o! Although, I'll admit, only 6 in my year of 120 here had heard of Markovnikov's rule...

No, the absolute joys of OCR Salters! We do stuff on bond angles, but it's different to VSEPR. What even is that rule?!
Original post by lizz-ie
No, the absolute joys of OCR Salters! We do stuff on bond angles, but it's different to VSEPR. What even is that rule?!

like, when you have benzene and you react it with stuff, there's 2 products you can get, a major (more stable) one and a minor one,. and it's to do with that.
like, when you have benzene and you react it with stuff, there's 2 products you can get, a major (more stable) one and a minor one,. and it's to do with that.

Ew organic :facepalm:
Talking of reacting stuff, I have to continue my coursework tomorrow, 3 hours of practicals on the most boring experiment ever :s and I have no idea what I'm doing, every lesson I just go in like "what do I feel like doing today?" and then manage to pour iodide and persulfate all over my hands and turn them orange :colondollar: why oh why did four unis decide that it would be a good idea to give me offers?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lizz-ie
Ew organic :facepalm:
Talking of reacting stuff, I have to continue my coursework tomorrow, 3 hours of practicals on the most boring experiment ever :s and I have no idea what I'm doing, every lesson I just go in like "what do I feel like doing today?" and then manage to pour iodide and persulfate all over my hands and turn them orange :colondollar: why oh why did four unis decide that it would be a good idea to give me offers?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hate organic too. I only like my alkene module this year because the lecturer is fit. We get VERY little male eye candy in the department. I also had a couple of nightmare lab session in Y13. Titration with potassium permanganate, when the markings on the burette are blue... 2,4-dinitrophenylhydrazine turns your hands yellow as well. I'm missing the feeling of acetone over nitrile gloves
I hate organic too. I only like my alkene module this year because the lecturer is fit. We get VERY little male eye candy in the department. I also had a couple of nightmare lab session in Y13. Titration with potassium permanganate, when the markings on the burette are blue... 2,4-dinitrophenylhydrazine turns your hands yellow as well. I'm missing the feeling of acetone over nitrile gloves

Nothing like DNPH! Actually pyridine is good stuff too. And ammonia if you have a cold. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending