The Student Room Group

husband or boyfriend/ wife or girlfriend?

do you prefer to be a wife/husband or girlfriend/boyfriend? and why?

do you prefer to have a wife/husband or girlfriend/boyfriend? and why?

Scroll to see replies

Be girlfriend

Have boyfriend

Marriage can suck my non-existent penis.
I prefer to be a wife and be married. Its just nice having a companion and best friend and knowing you'll spend the rest of your life with them. I'm muslim and don't believe in pre-maritial relationships anyway so my opinion may not count :dontknow:
Reply 3
A girl... nothing less/nothing more

Original post by Secretnerd123
I prefer to be a wife and be married. Its just nice having a companion and best friend and knowing you'll spend the rest of your life with them. I'm muslim and don't believe in pre-maritial relationships anyway so my opinion may not count :dontknow:

I never expected this... do you remember my last reply to one of your delinquent posts? i seemed to have a vague memory of where I left off. Can't summon the momentum.

Best wishes,
Reply 4
Original post by Vixen47
Be girlfriend

Have boyfriend

don't you like to have a permanent boyfriend(i mean a husband) that never leave you?
Reply 5
Original post by RedArrow

I never expected this... do you remember my last reply to one of your delinquent posts? i seemed to have a vague memory of where I left off. Can't summon the momentum.

Best wishes,

what do you mean a girl?
I prefer to be a girlfriend and have a partner. Sorry to be awkward!

I think it's because I still feel like a little girl at heart, so the thought that I could be married seems like a game rather than something that people of my age actually accept as reality!

I just feel too young - even though I'm definitely not.
Reply 7
Original post by Vixen47
Be girlfriend

Have boyfriend

Would you not call them partner after a period? Think it'd feel weird celebrating paying off the mortgage or children's graduation with my 'girlfriend' of 30 odd years!
Original post by RedArrow

Best wishes,

I have no idea what you're on about. When you remember, please do post on my wall so we don't derail the the thread :smile:
Original post by starry_st
don't you like to have a permanent boyfriend(i mean a husband) that never leave you?

Except it doesn't always work like that, does it?

For me I'm happy with the boyfriend/girlfriend set-up. Marriage requires more maturity than I can muster at the moment.
Reply 10
I'd rather have a partner and be a partner. I don't feel the need to get married to someone to show I love them.

Me and my partner don't fancy getting married because we aren't religious, we don't like the whole white wedding/big celebration crap etc so we'd be more suited to a civil partnership if they come out for straight couples (which there is talk of)
Reply 11
Original post by ninuzu
:party2:

How bad is it that Starbucks doesn't sell Haribos? :frown:
Reply 12
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Except it doesn't always work like that, does it?

For me I'm happy with the boyfriend/girlfriend set-up. Marriage requires more maturity than I can muster at the moment.

not always but it can be like that.

i think maturity appear after marriage and in fact it is the effect of marriage.
Reply 13
Original post by SoftPunch
How bad is it that Starbucks doesn't sell Haribos? :frown:

:console:
Damn it. There goes the most romantic proposal ever :frown:

i think maturity appear after marriage and in fact it is the effect of marriage.

How did you work that one out?
Reply 15
Original post by ninuzu
:console:
Damn it. There goes the most romantic proposal ever :frown:

Honeymoon yet to be decided :sexface: :tongue:
Reply 16
Be partner and **** no to marriage :colonhash:
Reply 17
Original post by SoftPunch
Honeymoon yet to be decided :sexface: :tongue:

I thought I was tagging along to the Maldives? :tongue: :woo:
Reply 18
Original post by Viva Emptiness
How did you work that one out?

by experience , i see this effect in many people.
Reply 19
what do you mean a girl?

Don't you know what a 'girl' is?

....Well I meant - a girl of my age bracket, which will be plus/minus 3 who speaks English.

Original post by Secretnerd123
I have no idea what you're on about. When you remember, please do post on my wall so we don't derail the the thread

Wow just wow. RedArrow out.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest