The Student Room Group

Studying Dentistry in Hungary

Hi guys,

I will be going to Hungary this year to study dentistry and I would like to know if there is an financial support for UK students going to other EU countries.

I've seen on direct.gov.uk that EU students are able to get loans for studying in the UK...

Thnx

Bhav X
Bear in mind that to some extent living costs in the new EU countries are somehow lower so expect financial support to be lower although if you go Budapest then don't expect it to be cheap place :smile: Like every capital. As far as I remember loans system for students regarding started about 2000ish and was about 200000 forints per year which is like 550 pounds ? I don't know it could change by now. Oh and it's regarding maintananc. Tuition fees seem to be at Western level and high
Reply 2
So..?

Can UK students studying in Hungary get student finance - either from here or in Hungary.

Bcos, UK give finance to students from EU coming to study in UK..

Bhav X
Reply 3
You should call student finance and find out. Generally they don't give you any money / loans for studying in another country other than the UK. They will if your are doing only part of the degree outside the UK. I have also heard that they may pay if the course is not available in the UK - but I guess you could argue that places are limited.
It doesn't hurt to try.

I don't know much about Hungary, but maybe you could check if they have student loans there. If you are british you should also qualify for any assistance they offer their own students since they are part of the EU.

If all fails you could try Natwest / HSBC they give 20 -24K loans but you don't pay back till you finish school Good luck
Reply 4
O0o I should be going Hungary this yr 2 study Dent! Ermm..Which Uni have u applied to if u dont mind me asking...
BTW i dont think we can get any loans! :confused:
medic101
You should call student finance and find out. Generally they don't give you any money / loans for studying in another country other than the UK. They will if your are doing only part of the degree outside the UK. I have also heard that they may pay if the course is not available in the UK - but I guess you could argue that places are limited.
It doesn't hurt to try.

I don't know much about Hungary, but maybe you could check if they have student loans there. If you are british you should also qualify for any assistance they offer their own students since they are part of the EU.

If all fails you could try Natwest / HSBC they give 20 -24K loans but you don't pay back till you finish school Good luck

Exactly, people have to remember financial help for students is varies across the Europe and to be completely honest, don't expect it to be generous in Eastern Europe as it is in the UK (even if you think it's not sufficent or bad or whatever)
Reply 6
hey guys, i started studying dentistry in Hungary in September, they don't give any student loans or any help like that
Reply 7
Original post by zo_
hey guys, i started studying dentistry in Hungary in September, they don't give any student loans or any help like that

Hi, I was just wondering what it's like studying in Hungary? I'm considering applying for dentistry this year..... but it involves an entrance exam/interview :s-smilie: Hope it's going well for you! :smile: I can't seem to find anybody who's studying dentistry abroad who posts about their experiences on here...... :/
Reply 8
I'm also considering to study in Hungary-could someone be kind enough to let us know their experiences. Thank you x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending