The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys, I am an international applicant with 772.5 UKCAT average with band 3. I am yet to hear from Kings, I had applied to biomed last year and had received an offer from Kings which I later had to decline due to personal reasons which I had explained to the Uni, however now I am worried that I am not being called for interview due to this. I find people with lower stats are being called for interview, do u think I am at a disadvantage due to my past?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 1961
Original post by Cephalosporin
Apparently they have started inviting international applicants for interviews in late January. They haven't yet sent out invitations for February interviews. :/ I reckon they are probably inviting people in the order of preference? Ahh, I just really want to find out, even if it is a rejection.

Also, hahaha I just realised I spent the last 3 months refreshing my portal on a daily basis. I wish I can go back in time and tell the me in October to redirect my time and energy. :P

I thought internationals got invited earlier? They told me it is supposed to be late Jan to Feb but I just had my interview with them on Jan 6. I'm also a grad applicant if it makes a difference.

Best of luck to you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pagalpanthi
Hi guys, I am an international applicant with 772.5 UKCAT average with band 3. I am yet to hear from Kings, I had applied to biomed last year and had received an offer from Kings which I later had to decline due to personal reasons which I had explained to the Uni, however now I am worried that I am not being called for interview due to this. I find people with lower stats are being called for interview, do u think I am at a disadvantage due to my past?

Theyve only just started giving interviews to international applicants, I doubt they're even quarter of the way through the international applications. I doubt they would care about you declining the biomed offer, them holding a grudge doesn't made sense because you're applying there again this year so you obviously don't hate the uni.

It'll be fine, you have a great ukcat score and have a really good chance of getting an interview, and you may get it today, or you may get it in 2 weeks. Doesn't make a difference either way. Good luck :smile:
Reply 1963
Original post by Flobie
Theyve only just started giving interviews to international applicants, I doubt they're even quarter of the way through the international applications. I doubt they would care about you declining the biomed offer, them holding a grudge doesn't made sense because you're applying there again this year so you obviously don't hate the uni.

It'll be fine, you have a great ukcat score and have a really good chance of getting an interview, and you may get it today, or you may get it in 2 weeks. Doesn't make a difference either way. Good luck :smile:

They started all the way back in December for internationals

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've my interview next Thursday! Definitely not looking forward to it :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pagalpanthi

I don't think you are at a disadvantage because you declined their biomed offer last year. I got an offer for the King's biomed course last year, declined it, gave no reason (my reason is that I was set on medicine!) and I've had an interview there so don't worry, it won't prejudice your application. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im hoping to do medicine too but doing my GCSEs rn, what did you get at GCSE ?:smile:
Original post by veriluxe
I thought internationals got invited earlier? They told me it is supposed to be late Jan to Feb but I just had my interview with them on Jan 6. I'm also a grad applicant if it makes a difference.

Best of luck to you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you by any chance apply to the 4 year GEP? (Your interview format would've been the MMI) I know friends of mine who applied to the GEP and they also had their interview on Jan the 6th or the 5th. I applied to the undergraduate course because I didn't think I'd cut it for A101 (and I think I am quite right XP)
Reply 1968
Hey guys, I'm getting kinda worried here. I've heard nothing yet and my UKCAT is 742.5. I've got 8As and 3Bs at the Irish GCSE equivalent. Do you think the cut off is above this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cephalosporin
Did you by any chance apply to the 4 year GEP? (Your interview format would've been the MMI) I know friends of mine who applied to the GEP and they also had their interview on Jan the 6th or the 5th. I applied to the undergraduate course because I didn't think I'd cut it for A101 (and I think I am quite right XP)

Have you heard any non kings grads getting a100 interviews just I haven't seen any yet so maybe we are in a batch
Has anyone had a post offer interview this week? People have been given interviews but noone seems to have been given any offers since last Friday! Please correct me if I'm wrong!! C'moonnnnn King's!!!!
Reply 1971
Original post by DonGreeky
Has anyone had a post offer interview this week? People have been given interviews but noone seems to have been given any offers since last Friday! Please correct me if I'm wrong!! C'moonnnnn King's!!!!

The wait is sooooooooo annoying now its been nearly a month!! when was your interview and how did you find it? :smile: I really hope they reply today

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1972
Guys I tryed to reschedule my interview yesterday, but when I logged into portal today the interview tab had disappeared. Is this normal or have they retracted the interview?
Got invited to interview! Is it advisable to ask for a different date? I'm kinda scared to..
Reply 1974
Original post by KerryMan
Hey guys, I'm getting kinda worried here. I've heard nothing yet and my UKCAT is 742.5. I've got 8As and 3Bs at the Irish GCSE equivalent. Do you think the cut off is above this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your UKCAT score probably would just meet the cut off, you see last year top ten percent UKCAT is 712.5 and cut off is 690, this year top ten percent is 760, so you might or might not meet the cut off

Kings also choose interview on GCSE A*s and therefore the fact that you have 0 A*s means you would be disadvantaged.

To be blatantly honest, your chances are not particularly high
Original post by georginaj94
Got invited to interview! Is it advisable to ask for a different date? I'm kinda scared to..

May I know your stats please? Where are you from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1976
Original post by DonGreeky

yeah any offers guys?!?!??! getting sick of waiting already! :P
Holy crap, just got a message on the portal asking for certificates and passport to be scanned and uploaded, hopefully this means an offer is on the way :') And the application status has changed back to being processed for some reason :P
Original post by lemon_sherbert123
Have you heard any non kings grads getting a100 interviews just I haven't seen any yet so maybe we are in a batch

If I remember correctly, some grads did get called for interview back in December but I think they're current students at Kings.... :/ I don't know! Maybe you are right. Although I wouldn't know which category they'd place me in. Grad or international? :P

Also, does anyone know how they shortlist for interviews? I get the feeling it's not entirely based on the UKCAT/academics. Also, is it true that the earlier your interview is, the better chance you have at getting an offer?
Original post by fadytousa
May I know your stats please? Where are you from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I live in France but have UK passport.
I got 772.5 UKCAT and did the IB I got 39/45 points.

Quick Reply

Latest