Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3780
Original post by Rock_99
Congrats! When did you get it?

Sorry, I quoted the wrong one :s-smilie:...A bit freak out seeing they are giving out Eco offer.

Original post by Giant
Got an offer for straight Economics!

Congrats, What waiting stage were you in? Did you finished the 4 weeks waiting?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Just got another email saying i have to wait another 4 weeks... :'(
Reply 3782
Original post by Rock_99
Congrats! When did you get it?

Original post by di_1996

Congrats, What waiting stage were you in? Did you finished the 4 weeks waiting?

Thanks!

I got it about half an hour ago, I was in the final 4 weeks though (although I lost count how far into it I was to be honest)

So glad to have all 5 offers!
Original post by di_1996
SAME here! Applying for Econ as well, but for 2014 entry.
In my 4 (+2 Xmas) weeks waiting period. Still two weeks to go.:s-smilie:

Maybe the deferred entry may take longer, not sure about that... I saw quite a lot Econ applicants are still waiting, nothing can be done but wait

Anyway, good luck!

Hey good luck to you too! My friend from Singapore just got offered economics. Like just, 5 mins ago. He is also deferred 2015 entry.

I'm really anxious. All my eggs are in the LSE basket now. Hang in there, LSE is really processing the applications now. And there's 5 more hours till the end of the work week. I'm banging on this 5 hours #fingerscrossed
Reply 3784
Original post by Giant
Thanks!

I got it about half an hour ago, I was in the final 4 weeks though (although I lost count how far into it I was to be honest)

So glad to have all 5 offers!

Wow, that is impressive!
What other uni did apply for?

Still waiting for LSE Eco...It's killing me!
Reply 3785
Original post by Jdingonomics
Hey good luck to you too! My friend from Singapore just got offered economics. Like just, 5 mins ago. He is also deferred 2015 entry.

I'm really anxious. All my eggs are in the LSE basket now. Hang in there, LSE is really processing the applications now. And there's 5 more hours till the end of the work week. I'm banging on this 5 hours #fingerscrossed

Exactly same here! Mine is all in the LSE basket as well, and my friend got her offer about a month ago...

Basically, have been freaking out every LSE Thur/Fri since then...fingers crossed!!!Plz!!!LSE!!!
Reply 3786
Got in for Economics A*AAE

Applied on the 9th October.
Two week email on 14th Oct
Five week email on 18th Oct
Four week email on 6th Dec
Original post by di_1996
Exactly same here! Mine is all in the LSE basket as well, and my friend got her offer about a month ago...

Basically, have been freaking out every LSE Thur/Fri since then...fingers crossed!!!Plz!!!LSE!!!

I just received an email from LSE saying that I am "among the strongest" and need to wait another 4 weeks OMG.

okay after so much anxiety this email is definitely great news, but having to wait another 4 weeks makes me cramp up a little.
Original post by schlili
i am pretty sure they will wait until after the 15th of January ... or make you wait even longer since they will be very busy with all the new applications :/
Has anyone who received the "among the strongest" mail heard anything from LSE yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I received the "strongest" email jusst 5 minutes ago. Another 4 weeks man.
Original post by joetodd
Got in for Economics A*AAE

Applied on the 9th October.
Two week email on 14th Oct
Five week email on 18th Oct
Four week email on 6th Dec

May i ask for you AS grades, A2 predicted grades and GCSE grades?

Original post by ida3388
**** this

what happened?
Reply 3790
Original post by Jdingonomics
I just received an email from LSE saying that I am "among the strongest" and need to wait another 4 weeks OMG.

okay after so much anxiety this email is definitely great news, but having to wait another 4 weeks makes me cramp up a little.

I still haven't got ANYTHING at all!!!!! I can see the rej on its way :frown:

I can't tell how much I hate these waiting email, but I can only say it is better than rejection or nothing.

I am bit confused... You mean you got another waiting 4 weeks email after your previous 4 weeks?...OR this is the first 4 weeks email you got?
Reply 3791
I received the four week email "When assessing a high calibre application such as yours, we need a little more time to assess you against other candidates in your cohort. This can take approximately four weeks, and we will have a final decision on your application as soon as possible" just before christmas. I then thought that I was put onto some sort of wait list as two of my friends, with similar results, who applied for straight economics as well, got their offers sometime in december.
Has anyone got an offer here after the 4 week wait period? And do you think that the chances are lower in the 4 week period? The wait is killing me
Anyone else got this email?
"Previously I wrote to thank you for applying to LSE, and am now writing to update you on the status of your application.

I am currently reviewing your academic qualifications to ensure that you have met all entry requirements. I am also assessing your personal statement.

I anticipate that this process should take approximately two weeks. I will be in touch then to update you on the status of your application."
Reply 3793
Original post by season1209
May i ask for you AS grades, A2 predicted grades and GCSE grades?

what happened?

Yeah sure.

I got 9A*s and an A at GCSE and 4As at AS (Double Maths, Economics, History) and I've been predicted 3A*s and an A (Further maths).

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 3794
can i just ask if anyone know anybody getting rejected after getting the strongest in the cycle email? do pretty much everyone who gets that email get in? i am on my second week of the 4 week taking into account the 2 week holiday, so next week will be my third week.
Reply 3795
Original post by ida3388
can i just ask if anyone know anybody getting rejected after getting the strongest in the cycle email? do pretty much everyone who gets that email get in? i am on my second week of the 4 week taking into account the 2 week holiday, so next week will be my third week.

Some people get rejected after receiving the strongest email, so you can't be sure until you do get the offer explicitly
Original post by joetodd
Yeah sure.

I got 9A*s and an A at GCSE and 4As at AS (Double Maths, Economics, History) and I've been predicted 3A*s and an A (Further maths).

Hope this helps :smile:

i have the exact same subject choice and predicted grades as you! but A in History. Though i got AAAB at AS and my GCSE's are only 5A*s 4As 1B 1C. Applied to the same course as you.
Reply 3797
Original post by Giant
Got an offer for straight Economics!

Congrats man! What were your GCSE, AS and A2 grades? :colondollar:
Reply 3798
Original post by Kangxidi
Some people get rejected after receiving the strongest email, so you can't be sure until you do get the offer explicitly

ok thanks.
Any news on sociology? i'm literally hyperventilating!!!

Quick Reply