The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by znh
I had an interview yesterday and just got an offer! :woo:.

Very well done! What was your interview for? I've had 2 interviews so far, but they said it could take about 2 weeks to see on UCAS whether I have an offer or not.
Original post by MusicGirlKH
Very well done! What was your interview for? I've had 2 interviews so far, but they said it could take about 2 weeks to see on UCAS whether I have an offer or not.

The waiting game is the worst :frown: I had an interview before xmas which I'm still waiting for, and then one this week but he said we would hear next week.

I'm thinking that because I've been waiting so long for SHU (before xmas) maybe they have put me aside whilst they see other people.
Reply 4542
Original post by MusicGirlKH

Thank you :smile:.

It was a secondary MFL SCITT!

They told me yesterday they are pretty quick in contacting applicants so expect an email today or Monday!

Ooo good luck!
Original post by tamiic
Newcastle 23rd, sunderland 5th feb, you? the five min task for Newcastle seems daunting! I don't understand it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is the Sunderland interview for Primary?
Reply 4544
Has anyone had group discussion/tasks at their interview? What sort of questions do they ask? - is it like asking you to discuss educational issues or talk about what qualities teachers should have or questions on the new curriculum?!?.

I'm not sure how to prepare for it!
Reply 4545
Has anyone had an interview at MMU yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry if this has already been asked (228 pages is a lot to read through :P) But I have an interview for Secondary English School Direct next week. It involves a student panel interview as well as a staff one - a terrifying thought...does anyone have what kind of questions either the students or the staff might ask? I'm think the generic 'Why do you want to teach?' etc but want to try and be more prepared :smile:
Original post by Grant23
Interview tomorrow with the University of Glasgow for PGDE Business, nerves beginning to set in!

Hey I had my interview for art today, we would have been in the same room for the writing and stuff probs! How did you feel it went? I thought the talk at the beginning was quite funny :smile: but thought it was a bit strange telling us the questions before we had them! And what did you think of the writing bit? Sorry all the questions ever! I feel really excited / scared for the response because I feel like ny interview went well but i think my brain fell out when I was writing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tmanz212
Has anyone had group discussion/tasks at their interview? What sort of questions do they ask? - is it like asking you to discuss educational issues or talk about what qualities teachers should have or questions on the new curriculum?!?.

Yeah I have, I hated it! It will be things like qualities of a teacher or even discussing how you can use an object in the classroom. It varies, but I can't say too much because we aren't supposed to talk about specific interview tasks annoyingly. I don't think it will be educational issues though, that's probably more in the one to one. Don't take my work for that!
Original post by Fabay
Has anyone had an interview at MMU yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me! I think we were at the same interview on Wednesday? How did you think it went? Have you heard anything yet?
Reply 4550
Original post by lauramcintosh88
Me! I think we were at the same interview on Wednesday? How did you think it went? Have you heard anything yet?

I've got my interview next week. I just wanted to know if the presentations were in groups or in front of everyone? How did yours go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fabay
I've got my interview next week. I just wanted to know if the presentations were in groups or in front of everyone? How did yours go?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry I must be getting you confused with somebody else! I did mine in a group of 8, it was very laid back though. Although I do remember someone posting a while back saying he did his with a group of three so it could be anywhere in between!
Original post by Airfairy
That is pretty bad communication and I wouldn't be impressed either. It must be annoying. I hope your other two interviews go well though! Good luck :smile:

Thank you :smile: I've had much better communication with the other two and feel reasonably well prepared, just a bit nervous my presentation is a bit short...

It is pretty annoying that i'm unsuccessful for this reason but I guess it motivates me for the other interviews I can attend!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4553
Offer from Institute of Education for secondary maths! :biggrin:
Original post by tmanz212

I have done group tasks at Primary PGCE interviews and found them quite fun. As long as you are not too quiet or too controlling in them you should be fine. If you have an interest in becoming a teacher you should have an interest in the tasks and have an opinion on them.
Original post by Airfairy
Yeah I have, I hated it! It will be things like qualities of a teacher or even discussing how you can use an object in the classroom. It varies, but I can't say too much because we aren't supposed to talk about specific interview tasks annoyingly. I don't think it will be educational issues though, that's probably more in the one to one. Don't take my work for that!

Am I strange for quite liking them?! We had a good discussion and I found it fun :biggrin:
Hi guys,

So I want to accept an offer.

Do I withdraw from the other 2 first and then it will give me an accept button for my 1st choice?

Or does it not work like that?

Any help would be appreciated x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by womanonamission
Hi guys,

Do I withdraw from the other 2 first and then it will give me an accept button for my 1st choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have just withdrawn from my other two options but can't figure out how to accept st Mary's? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by womanonamission
Hi guys,

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm pretty sure that's how it works ! Good luck
Original post by Alice_R23
I have just withdrawn from my other two options but can't figure out how to accept st Mary's? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh really! Has an accept button not popped up anywhere in the St Mary's section? X

Posted from TSR Mobile