The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by QHF
I'll definitely be buying Gurren Lagann on bluray, though probably not the most expensive version! I'll probably buy Patema Inverted, which I rather liked, and Escaflowne if it's as good as the Japanese Escaflowne BDs, which (from the eps I sampled) came out very well. As far as I'm concerned the jury's out on Space Dandy, but if I like it I might buy it.

What about you?

(I've been kind of impressed in the last year or so by Anime Limited's ability to pull out these licenses which a decent number of people might actually want to buy, like Cowboy Bebop and TTGL.)

The only one there in that list that took my liking was Durarara!!! I do hear that Gurran Lagan is good but, mech animes have NEVER been able to draw me in...

I would kill for them to bring in the limited edition of Blue Exorcist (I know it is expensive, I don't intend on buying it if it is released in the next few years (a uni student forking out £200 on 2 blu rays, it can't be done...)

I love the art books though! DX
The music is good too. :smile:

I do know Fairy Tail's collection 1 is coming out on Blu Ray in the UK sometime in March (or May) and I will consider buying it, ONLY if collection 2 is released with it too though of course.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6321
Original post by Scienceisgood
The only one there in that list that took my liking was Durarara!!! I do hear that Gurran Lagan is good but, mech animes have NEVER been able to draw me in...

Ah, yeah, I hear you. TTGL's pretty accessible even if you're not into giant robots, but at the same time if you're not into giant robots it's not a show you should be buying on bluray sight unseen!
Started watching Kingdom & was initially a tad put off by the 3D-ish animation but persevered & have found it to be one of the best action series I've seen & quickly adjusted to the art style/animation. (Up to season 1, episode 17/38 so far)

Also watched the first episode of Chuunibyou Ren & enjoyed it very much even though it was pretty much reestablishing the show after the events of the end of season 1. Looking forward to seeing where they take things from here.
Chuunibyou Ren ep 1 was good fun, that Rikka chop :mmm: cant believe its been 2 years since the 1st season :eek: :moon: that other girl seems to have gone a bit crazy :bird: and she dyed her hair black :lolwut:

cute first ep of Mikakunin de Shinkoukei :laugh:
(edited 10 years ago)
Right the much overdue analysis of the santa :tongue: i'll list who had who and gave what presents...

I had Rothwell and gave him:
i) Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
ii) Girls und Panzer
iii)Patlabor: The Mobile Police

Rothwell had AJ and gave him
Beelzebub
Kill Me Baby
Zero no Tsukaima F
(as we all know :wink:)

AJ had Aristotle's' Disciple and gave him
Choice 1: Hourou Musuko

Choice 2: Record of Lodoss War (the original OVA, not the '98 TV sequel)

Choice 3: Kaiji

Aristotle's' Disciple had Dilzo999 and gave him
Jojos Bizarre Adventure (2012) ANIME
Jojos Bizarre Adventure MANGA
Hataraku Maou-Sama ANIME

Dilzo999 had Lord Fifa and gave him
Berserk
Shiki
Monster

Lord Fifa had Vin and gave him
Graveyard of the fireflies
Nichijou
Spice and wolf.

Vin had Aiko and gave her
Mitsudomoe
Genshiken
Hana-Saku Iroha

Aiko had eugenius8 and gave the chap
Angel Beats!
Deadman Wonderland,
Steins;Gate

eugenius8 had me and I got
Seikon no Qwaser
Welcome to the NHK
Perfect Blue

Hope everyone enjoyed the Secret Santa, I did even though I was ill for the majority of december :tongue: thanks for taking part and making sure I didn't play santa all by myself.
I forgot to give my review of chunnibyou s2 :tongue:. well it was a good first episode like someone else said they were just setting the scene I feel and look forward to see how they develop the characters further and perhaps deepen any emotions ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6326
Watched the first ep of Pupa. Hilariously bad :rofl:

I'll just stick to the manga.
cheers jellybean, it was good fun :h: :ninja:

Original post by Tai Ga
Watched the first ep of Pupa. Hilariously bad :rofl:

I'll just stick to the manga.

just watched it, well that was disappointing :rofl: the trailer looked so good :frown:
The trailer look weird!
How long before an anime is the trailer usually released?

The SAO 2 trailer for Gun Gale Online was not even a trailer, more like a sneak peak.
Fairy Tail Series 2
Soul Eater Not

Oh yeah and I don't get Pupa, did the girl get sent to hell or something because she isn't even human anymore if that was her?!

EDIT:

Ok, looked into Pupa and it looks like a half decent anime but the anime short could have been a lot better...
(edited 10 years ago)
I think I just spoiled the rest of Attack On Titan for myself, I can assure you it is a decent storyline.

NO SPOILERS AT ALL in this message (unless you go looking online for them).

Apparently about 6 months ago one of the editors for the manga of Attack On Titan got fired and leaked the whole future storyline. While I don't know what happens to the people in Attack On Titan, I do know how the titans were created and why but WILL NOT divulge this info here.

Can't believe it was released 6 months ago and I only just found it...

Although, the author has stated he is contemplating changing this now (known this for a while), possibly to combat this release of information.

What do you guys think?
OH MY. THIS IS AMAZING. No, no, SHAMAZING.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I just spoiled the rest of Attack On Titan for myself, I can assure you it is a decent storyline.

Apparently about 6 months ago one of the editors for the manga of Attack On Titan got fired and leaked the whole future storyline. While I don't know what happens to the people in Attack On Titan, I do know how the titans were created and why but WILL NOT divulge this info here.

Although, the author has stated he is contemplating changing this now (known this for a while), possibly to combat this release of information.

What do you guys think?

Link to the website? I'm not following the story pretty well tbh and my fav character is Erwin/armin.

Posted from TSR Mobile
CAN I JUST HUG YOU ALL 💜

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AngryJellyfish
We have tried to make threads for ongoing series in the past (Umineko, Trapeze, Fairy Tail and Bakuman to name a few). They haven't exactly caught on, though maybe they'd do better if they were in a dedicated anime subforum as opposed to buried somewhere in Entertainment. :dontknow: But yeah, aside from new series and the well known mainstream/classics, I doubt many series would be popular enough to keep a dedicated thread going.

Oh. I'm a noob for watching Naruto? XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you guys think?

I've read that too, pretty unbelievable although some parts of it do make sense. Either way there was an interview with the creator of AoT a few weeks ago and he said that he was going to change the ending anyways so I don't think anything has been spoiled :P.
Reply 6336
Who's simulcasting Chuunibyou, Sakura Trick and Pupa? Don't really want to use 'alternative means', but I've got no idea who's picked up the UK licenses for half this season's anime.
Also kinda disappointed that there are so many shorts this season.
loved the first ep of Nisekoi :rofl: feel this is gona be a great show :biggrin: that art/animation :love:
I liked the first episodes of Norogami and Mahou Sensou, I haven't watched Nisekoi.

Though my secret guilty pleasure this season will probably be Sakura Trick.
nice change of pace in the latest Ippo ep :h: have always been waiting for Umezawa to bring that up :cry2:

Latest

Trending

Trending