The Student Room Group

Need help ASAP

If someone in year 8 did a mock science exam and got a B (GCSE)
Is it the same as getting a level 6B I looked at many websites it said that level 6-B Level 7-A Level 8-A* and etc? So is it the same? Someone answer please ASAP!!
Reply 1
No I'm pretty sure level 6 was equivalent to a C, so level 7 - B, level 8 - A, level 9 - A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by simgekurtx
If someone in year 8 did a mock science exam and got a B (GCSE)
Is it the same as getting a level 6B I looked at many websites it said that level 6-B Level 7-A Level 8-A* and etc? So is it the same? Someone answer please ASAP!!

No what it means is that those are your predicted grades for end of year 11, but if you directly convert those grades, it would be:

Level 6- D
Level 7- C
Level 8- B
No. You cannot compare NC Levels to GCSE grades because one is KS3 and the other is KS4. The general guidance is that students who achieve a Level 7/8 by the end of KS3 are approximately on track towards an A/A* at the end of KS4, but as I've said, they're not equivalents.
Reply 4
thanks but others said that its not the same :/
Reply 5
how comes other websites say that Level 6- B hmm confused ? but thanks anyway x
Reply 6
Original post by Chlorophile
No. You cannot compare NC Levels to GCSE grades because one is KS3 and the other is KS4. The general guidance is that students who achieve a Level 7/8 by the end of KS3 are approximately on track towards an A/A* at the end of KS4, but as I've said, they're not equivalents.

hmm okay sot here not equivalent ? but say that your in yr 9 (ks4) and you got a 6b will it then be the same as getting a B just example but thnx anyway x
hmm okay sot here not equivalent ? but say that your in yr 9 (ks4) and you got a 6b will it then be the same as getting a B just example but thnx anyway x

Getting a level 6B in year 9 is not the same as getting a B at gcse level!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Herrington_x
Getting a level 6B in year 9 is not the same as getting a B at gcse level!

Posted from TSR Mobile

okay just asked....!

That's definitely not true. Many people in my school were getting a 6b and higher in year 7, yet none would have been able to get a B at GCSE!
Reply 10
That's definitely not true. Many people in my school were getting a 6b and higher in year 7, yet none would have been able to get a B at GCSE!

P
oh okay thanks xx btw what yr are you in ?
P
oh okay thanks xx btw what yr are you in ?

Reply 12

Oh ok

Quick Reply

Latest