The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2000
Ive been trying to ring them for a while to ask when we should expect an offer/rejection but the number on their website isn't working; does anyone know what number I should ring

Posted from TSR Mobile
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2001
Original post by nana96
Ive been trying to ring them for a while to ask when we should expect an offer/rejection but the number on their website isn't working; does anyone know what number I should ring

Posted from TSR Mobile

0207 848 6501/6511/6579

I got this off their website. It's specifically for "Undergraduate Admissions (including Medical Gradual Entry Programme: GPEP)". Hope it helps! :smile:
Reply 2002
Original post by Blehh
0207 848 6501/6511/6579

I got this off their website. It's specifically for "Undergraduate Admissions (including Medical Gradual Entry Programme: GPEP)". Hope it helps! :smile:

These are the numbers I'm ringing but they're not working

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nana96
These are the numbers I'm ringing but they're not working

Posted from TSR Mobile

Try 020 7848 6501/6502

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2004
Original post by hello101
Try 020 7848 6501/6502

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nopst not working I tried

Posted from TSR Mobile
Actually .. I think they are probably inundated with calls so that is why the rings aren't going through..or some other problems. ( has happened in the past) ... Drop a message via portal to cover yourself if there is something urgent you need to communicate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nana96
Nopst not working I tried

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually .. I think they are probably inundated with calls so that is why the rings aren't going through..or some other problems. ( has happened in the past) ... Drop a message via portal to cover yourself if there is something urgent you need to communicate

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2007
Original post by lemon_sherbert123
Because they take any degree probably. A lot only take science degrees so limits the pool. Fingers crossed on imperial for me barts isn't going to happen someone supposedly got the cut off from them. However odd as they haven't done rejections so wonder if it's that accurate who knows and a barts student said they were looking at statements as ukcat has mucked up this year so who knows

Oh, what's the supposed cut off for Barts?
Original post by CW84
Oh, what's the supposed cut off for Barts?

752.5 for a101 how true this is I don't know
Original post by Bomb
Your UKCAT score probably would just meet the cut off, you see last year top ten percent UKCAT is 712.5 and cut off is 690, this year top ten percent is 760, so you might or might not meet the cut off

Kings also choose interview on GCSE A*s and therefore the fact that you have 0 A*s means you would be disadvantaged.

To be blatantly honest, your chances are not particularly high

Hey BOMB...
This Guy is an IRISH applicant.
Being Irish myself I know that Kings do not look at our GCSE equivalent - which there is no such thing as A* and A in the Irish Junior Cert is A* equivalent so in fact he has 8A*.

You LC predictions must be A1A1 in Bio/Chem and High grades in Maths and English ...
Reply 2010
Original post by Malakey95
Hey BOMB...
This Guy is an IRISH applicant.
Being Irish myself I know that Kings do not look at our GCSE equivalent - which there is no such thing as A* and A in the Irish Junior Cert is A* equivalent so in fact he has 8A*.

You LC predictions must be A1A1 in Bio/Chem and High grades in Maths and English ...

Great news! Which means he would have a chance afterall. I am definitely not aware of how they consider Irish students and therefore I do apologize for my mistake. I took it from the fact that he mentioned his GCSE equivalent, so I thought he meant it played a part for his application? Otherwise why would he mention it.

I do apologize~
Original post by TheRedPineapple
Oh, i haven't been asked to upload passport. Is that a bad thing?

I don't know but I wouldn't worry (easier said than done I know) when was your interview? They've done so many interviews already that it's probably just taking a while to process them all, especially after the Christmas break :smile: just hang in there and good luck, I hope you get an offer soon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nana96

Posted from TSR Mobile

Try 020 7848 7964/7965/7963.
Reply 2013
Original post by lemon_sherbert123
752.5 for a101 how true this is I don't know

Ah ok, thanks.

Thinking about the 30% increase in applicants to Warwick; I guess it makes sense that the increase is due to a delayed response to the course changing to accept non-science grads. Even though it happened before October 2012, it's likely that the news hadn't spread sufficiently before UCAS applications were submitted for last year's cycle.

Oh well, Warwick clearly didn't anticipate the increase either!
Is it a questionairre or an essay for interviews from now? Really confused.
Reply 2015
Has anyone with an interview from the 5th December heard from kings yet????

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2016
Original post by GCSE-help
Is it a questionairre or an essay for interviews from now? Really confused.

I think it's a questionnaire cause someone leaked the essay question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lixto
I think it's a questionnaire cause someone leaked the essay question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Surely they had more than one essay?
Original post by Yolo_kevin
I got an offer yesterday! My interview was December 4th if anyone's interested :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow! Congrats! I had mine on Dec 10th, still waiting, getting more and more impatient!
Reply 2019
Who has an interview next week 17th of Jan?

Quick Reply

Latest