King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2020
Original post by Malakey95
Hey BOMB...
This Guy is an IRISH applicant.
Being Irish myself I know that Kings do not look at our GCSE equivalent - which there is no such thing as A* and A in the Irish Junior Cert is A* equivalent so in fact he has 8A*.

You LC predictions must be A1A1 in Bio/Chem and High grades in Maths and English ...

How didn't I know that? :colondollar:

I really didn't think the UKCAT cut-off would be THAT high this year..
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2021
Just got an offer
Had my interview on 18th
Original post by BBBT
Just got an offer
Had my interview on 18th

Congratulations on your offer! :biggrin: Are you a re-applicant or graduate if you don't mind me asking? and how do you think your interview went? :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2023
Original post by BBBT
Just got an offer
Had my interview on 18th

Ahh congratulations!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2024
Original post by GCSE-help
Surely they had more than one essay?

I don't think so as my friend got the same essay question two weeks after me, but I may be wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2025
Has anyone got an email asking for copies of their AS certificates? I was never even given any certificates :/
Original post by sabzm96
Has anyone got an email asking for copies of their AS certificates? I was never even given any certificates :/

Ask your school for your certificates - they should be able to sort that out for you :smile:
Reply 2027
Original post by lovelycup7
Ask your school for your certificates - they should be able to sort that out for you :smile:

Cheers. Did you get the same message?
Original post by sabzm96
Cheers. Did you get the same message?

No I haven't got that message! Have you had your interview already?
I did see it mentioned on the interview invitation letter, so I do plan on scanning them in before my interview. :smile:
Original post by sabzm96

Some schools don't give them out till the after U6 along with the A2s. I had to go talk to the school office to get mine.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2030
Has everyone scanned in AS certificates? I haven't .. :|

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yolo_kevin
I don't know but I wouldn't worry (easier said than done I know) when was your interview? They've done so many interviews already that it's probably just taking a while to process them all, especially after the Christmas break :smile: just hang in there and good luck, I hope you get an offer soon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

10th December, and thanks Its nice to have some assurance :smile:
Original post by BBBT
Just got an offer
Had my interview on 18th

Did you get it by email or through the portal?
Original post by BBBT
Just got an offer
Had my interview on 18th

Congratulations! How did you interview go?
Reply 2034
Original post by Rosine
Has everyone scanned in AS certificates? I haven't .. :|

Posted from TSR Mobile

School doesn't seem to have mine so I explained the situation and gave what my school had! I'll have to look into buying them...
Hey guys, i got 3A, 11Bs, 4Cs for GCSEs and i am now studying bio, chem, geo, ICT at AS.

I know my GCSEs are terrible but in my school, only 4 people got 1+ A*.

If i was to get 4 As at AS and then A*AA at A2 paired with a UKCAT of about 700-750. I also am currently working in a Pharmacy, will go to Pakistan to do some work experience in a hospital and also take part in a building houses in villages project, i will be undertaking a placement in a care home every week, DOFE bronze etc...

If i can do this, will i stand a chance at KCL if not, any Medical School in the UK?

Thanks Guys
Hi, also wanted to ask about my chances of getting into kings for medicine next year. Currently doing AS's. I got 8A*s, 2A's and a B at GCSE which was the highest in my school as I studied at quite a low and under average high school! What are my chances of getting into a Russell group uni?

Many thanks! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by starsdelight
Hi, also wanted to ask about my chances of getting into kings for medicine next year. Currently doing AS's. I got 8A*s, 2A's and a B at GCSE which was the highest in my school as I studied at quite a low and under average high school! What are my chances of getting into a Russell group uni?

Many thanks! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

We cannot make such a judgement based upon this single piece of information. However, we can say that these grades will provide you you with an advantage at certain institutions, and they are more than competitive for all medical schools in the UK.
Original post by nana96
The wait is sooooooooo annoying now its been nearly a month!! when was your interview and how did you find it? :smile: I really hope they reply today

Posted from TSR Mobile

10th December and still no reply. Been a month today! :s-smilie: I didn't find it that great, very nervous, what about you?
Ah of course! Depends on BMAT/UKCAT and AS levels and predictions too!

Quick Reply

Latest