The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3820
Anyone who got an offer for philosophy and economics? The wait is killing me. I am now 6 weeks into my 'strongest in admission cycle' mail. (Inlc. Holidays) So i should have heard back today, right? Also, is it true lse only sends offers on fridays?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 3821

Did you say you applied for history? Did you get the offer?
I've applied for Philosophy and Economics and it's been 5 weeks now since I got the 2 week email. Is this a bad sign or is it probably due to the holidays?
Original post by alienface
I've applied for Philosophy and Economics and it's been 5 weeks now since I got the 2 week email. Is this a bad sign or is it probably due to the holidays?

Hi, I've applied for Phil and Econ too! I got the strongest applicant email exactly 5 weeks ago as well, and then the Christmas one, so if they keep to their timescale I should hear something by next Friday! So nervous, LSE is my first choice!
And good luck to you!
Original post by dutchie1
Anyone who got an offer for philosophy and economics? The wait is killing me. I am now 6 weeks into my 'strongest in admission cycle' mail. (Inlc. Holidays) So i should have heard back today, right? Also, is it true lse only sends offers on fridays?

I'm 5 weeks into mine for phil and econ too! From what I've gathered it's mainly rejections on Fridays!
Original post by CaptainJaneway
Hi, I've applied for Phil and Econ too! I got the strongest applicant email exactly 5 weeks ago as well, and then the Christmas one, so if they keep to their timescale I should hear something by next Friday! So nervous, LSE is my first choice!
And good luck to you!

I know how you feel. LSE is also my first choice. Where else have you applied?

Good luck to you too! Hopefully we hear from them soon!
I know how you feel. LSE is also my first choice. Where else have you applied?

Good luck to you too! Hopefully we hear from them soon!

I applied to (in order of preference):

LSE (waiting)
Oxford (rejected)
UCL (waiting)
Durham (waiting)
Edinburgh (waiting)

How about you? :smile:
Original post by bluebell_flames
I got rejected due to my personal statement exactly 4 weeks after I got the 4 week email

Was this 4 week email after the 5 week and christmas holiday one?

Also, what date was your ucas sent off?
Original post by CaptainJaneway
I applied to (in order of preference):

LSE (waiting)
Oxford (rejected)
UCL (waiting)
Durham (waiting)
Edinburgh (waiting)

How about you? :smile:

LSE, Nottingham, UCL, Bristol, and York

I have offers from Nottingham and York. Still waiting to hear back from the others.
Original post by Sun_Bear
Was this 4 week email after the 5 week and christmas holiday one?

Also, what date was your ucas sent off?

I got the rejection the last day before LSE closed for Christmas, so I never had to have the Christmas holiday one.

I never received the 5 week email either (it seems one batch of them got lost, as many other maths with econ applicants didn't get it either), but I received the 4 week email roughly 5 weeks after I should have received the 5 week email (I hope that made sense - it is quite a confusing situation...)
Uh oh. Reading all this, I haven't got any 2 week email at all. I applied in January and the wording of my email was thus:

We are very pleased that you have applied to study BSc in Government at LSE.

This email is confirmation of receipt of your application. Decisions are made on a rolling basis, and we will make a decision on your application within approximately 12 weeks and no later than 31 March 2014 (whichever is earlier). We will be emailing you every few weeks to update you on the progress of your application.

Is this a less positive sounding email than what anyone else has got? Has anyone applying for BSc Government got this mail? Am I being massively paranoid for no reason?

I applied for the same course and got an offer before christmas, just to reassure you here's my timeline:

Applied 6th October
Got 2 week email straight away
Then I waited until 4th December(!) got the 7 week email
The same day I got the "strongest" email
Offer on the last LSE Friday (love that phrase lol :tongue:)

Don't worry about the long wait there are a LOT of applications to get through and as long as you meet the entry requirements and have a solid PS you should defo be fine!

PM me if you want more info! :smile:
Reply 3832
Have all L101 Economics applicants been asked to submit their UMS via a questionnaire ?
Original post by arminb
Did you say you applied for history? Did you get the offer?

Yes, I applied for History.....and they still have me waiting for a decision!!! Lol, the whole of this thread will know if I get an offer...#adreamcometrue lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by President M.E.
I applied for the same course and got an offer before christmas, just to reassure you here's my timeline:

Applied 6th October
Got 2 week email straight away
Then I waited until 4th December(!) got the 7 week email
The same day I got the "strongest" email
Offer on the last LSE Friday (love that phrase lol :tongue:)

Don't worry about the long wait there are a LOT of applications to get through and as long as you meet the entry requirements and have a solid PS you should defo be fine!

PM me if you want more info! :smile:

That's reassuring. I've met the entry requirements so I'm just hoping that my personal statement is good enough. The more I wait, the more I start doubting whether it is lol.

Congrats on your offer! :smile:
Reply 3835
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Finally! Cambridge or LSE? :smile:

Thanks! Cambridge firm and LSE insurance :smile:

What about you?
Original post by StretfordEnd
Uh oh. Reading all this, I haven't got any 2 week email at all. I applied in January and the wording of my email was thus:

Is this a less positive sounding email than what anyone else has got? Has anyone applying for BSc Government got this mail? Am I being massively paranoid for no reason?

Don't worry I'm sure that it is just going to take a little while. They might be waiting until January 15.
Gahh, super happy with my offer for Maths with Econ, but I'm not sure between LSE and Bath! Anyone know how competitive the year abroad at LSE is? :smile:
Original post by gracelich
Yes, I applied for History.....and they still have me waiting for a decision!!! Lol, the whole of this thread will know if I get an offer...#adreamcometrue lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here. My kid has all other decisions, just waiting on LSE now.

LSE has always been first choice.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Giant
Thanks! Cambridge firm and LSE insurance :smile:

What about you?

Same as you, although I'm gonna wait until I hear back from all my options first :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending